Fernando Torres

FT: 'I would like things to be much better but the support I get every day is amazing, it is a pleasure to be here.'

FT: 'It’s always one of the biggest games of the season and special to play against Man U. It's a good test.'

FT: 'When I played with Liverpool against Chelsea the partnership of JT and Carvalho was so hard.'

FT: 'My brother taught me to play football, I wasn't interested. He was a keeper and needed someone to shoot at him!'

FT: 'When I was older, Kiko of Atletico was my hero, and I played with him for one month in the first team.'

FT: 'I wanted to be a goalkeeper. I broke a tooth once, arrived home and my mother told me I had to go in a different position.'

FT on best team-mate ever: 'I've been very lucky. Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva, Gerrard, maybe Silva but I say Juan Mata.'

FT: 'My 1st training with Atletico 1st team, they didn't know my name so called me Kid - Nino. That's how El Nino started!'

FT: 'In England it is Nando, from the first day I came. I tried to get free food once...'

FT on best looking team-mate: 'Probably Raul Meireles, he has his own style and is always trying to look good...'

FT: 'In London the weather is amazing compared to the north-west!'

FT's favourite place in London: 'I really like Hyde Park for a walk. You can go and do the normal things in quiet.'

FT: 'I like rock music especially. I grew up with my brother's music, we shared a room, so Nirvana, Oasis, U2...'

FT on Juan Mata: 'I knew him when he started in the national team. He is very friendly and an amazing player.'

FT: 'I never expected to win a World Cup. Spain were never in the final, always out early. To hold it, you can't say what you feel.'

FT: 'David Luiz has better hair, nobody is wearing a wig with my hair!'

I'd hate to burst the Torres hate bubbles, but between the EPL and UCL... Torres - 22 apps and 4 goals, Drogba - 18 apps and 6 goals.

I love the big man just as much as anybody else, but his goal return is only marginally better than the Spaniard. He could come back tomorrow, he's still not going to save our season.

Sturridge started well and has 9 goals between both competitions (well, 9 EPL, 0 UCL), he has however been pretty cold recently. Truth of the matter is none of our forward players are on hot streaks, in fact, our whole team just isn't scoring enough. Wag the finger at Torres all you want, but he only deserves so much of the flack.

Statistics only show half of the story. How many games have we won over the last 8 years because of Drogba's performances? You can limit that down to how many games have we won over the last 12 months because of Drogba's performances? The answer to both is a whole lot more than we have thanks to Torres. Drogba's contribution continues to be undervalued. He is nowhere near the player he once was, because age has finally caught up with him. Since the malaria incident he has lost a lot of his body muscle and because of this, he is no longer as good as he was physically. Nevertheless he is still capable of producing a handful of brilliant moments in a game, which is something I doubt Fernando has the confidence or the ability to do at present. Look at that performance against Valencia. He took on five or six players at a time and beat them on a couple of occasions. Torres wouldn't be able to do that, ever, not even if he got back to his supposed best.

It's a sad state of affairs but we have two has-beens for centre-forwards, but the Ivorian can offer more than the Spaniard can, despite the price tag and the will of the supporters to see him succeed. I am desperate to see Torres score goals for Chelsea, but his return in the last year is simply not good enough. I have lost faith in him, whereas in Drogba - who is unreliable himself - you have someone who can still change games. You just don't get that feeling with Nando.

Statistics only show half of the story. How many games have we won over the last 8 years because of Drogba's performances? You can limit that down to how many games have we won over the last 12 months because of Drogba's performances? The answer to both is a whole lot more than we have thanks to Torres. Drogba's contribution continues to be undervalued. He is nowhere near the player he once was, because age has finally caught up with him. Since the malaria incident he has lost a lot of his body muscle and because of this, he is no longer as good as he was physically. Nevertheless he is still capable of producing a handful of brilliant moments in a game, which is something I doubt Fernando has the confidence or the ability to do at present. Look at that performance against Valencia. He took on five or six players at a time and beat them on a couple of occasions. Torres wouldn't be able to do that, ever, not even if he got back to his supposed best.

It's a sad state of affairs but we have two has-beens for centre-forwards, but the Ivorian can offer more than the Spaniard can, despite the price tag and the will of the supporters to see him succeed. I am desperate to see Torres score goals for Chelsea, but his return in the last year is simply not good enough. I have lost faith in him, whereas in Drogba - who is unreliable himself - you have someone who can still change games. You just don't get that feeling with Nando.

I completely agree that statistics are only half the story, in fact, I say it often myself and it's rare I would drop stats without some sort of observation to back them up. I just feel in this case there isn't any need to. What Drogba has done over the last eight years is irrelevant in so much as that's not what he's going to produce now. Torres' goal return over the last year has been pathetic, but it's not like Drogba has produced very much himself. Drogba's contribution only remains to be undervalued because at present he offers little value. He blows as hot and cold as Torres. Drogba is likely to be out the door this summer and Torres will probably be sticking around, and for that reason alone I'd rather see Torres get the game time. However, if when Drogba comes back he's firing on all cylinders, then by all means I hope AVB plays him. We need all we can get at the minute.

Truth of the matter is neither is doing anything for me right now. We can talk about all Drogba has done in the past for as long as we like, but we can't play the guy based on reputation. The point to my original post was that a lot of people have this idea that Didier is going to swoop in from the ACON and save the day. Hopefully he does, but let's be realisitic, it's probably not going to happen. The stats were just to give a realistic comparison to what our two options are accomplishing. As it goes, playing either of our star strikers is like turning up to a hard-on competition with the biggest limp dick, it's only good for pissing. Neither is doing the job they are supposed to, so getting our hopes up for a Drogba return just seems naive.