Fernando Torres

Can't wait for Torres to score 2 goals, so we can jump every blog and forum and newspaper there is and claim our bragging rights of our nr. 9 being a more prolific goalscorer than Howard.. now that would be something! If that paper doesn't print it, then it's just double standards.

Looked good today again but still pulls wide too often. I know he's lacking a good source of service but he needs to try and be more effective in his work rate and maybe a little more static. If he tries a game where he restrains himself from going wide, maybe he'll find our ineffective providers actually being able to give him the service a striker needs. If he's constantly on the wings he's only going to be watching the balls fly into the box.

I came to a theory, which may or may not be true. Anyway... what if Anelka was in a similar situation as Torres? He came here as a pure striker but ended up being anything but, basically. He is also a player similar to Torres, who needs through balls and stuff like that to score. So he started going to midfield and wings to compensate, but with the difference that it suited him so he stayed there permanently. Currently we are seeing similar happening to Torres, he is more in midfield and wings than in centre, but he doesn't seem to be exceling in those positions. I've seen suggestions here to try Torres in CAM position, which happened with Anelka aswell. Why it hasn't happened to Drogba is because he doesn't rely only on service, he plays target man so well setting up others and scoring himself... those 2 aren't target men, but we play as if they were. That's why I think it's crucial that Drogba leaves in summer if we are serious about this joga bonito shit, it's the only way to stop the team subconsciusly relying on a big target man who can take care of himself. Carlo apparently has my back with that.

no one can criticize torres, unless you criticize the teams play first...

the only really lively player at the moment... no wonder he isnt scoring, no one else gives a damn...

i would be pissed if i were him...

and the funny thing is, we could have any striker in the world right now on our side and he would STILL be just as "rubbish" (as you call torres so far) as torres...

For all the talk about Torres fanboys on this forums, there are some who are at the other extreme who just bash him just for the sake of it.

I just looked at BL's match report, and the stupid shit he spouts about how Torres does not deserve good service and a squad that can play good football says it all.

High Expectations were Weighed on Torres ever since he was 19 years of Age captaining Atletico Madrid. I still believe the reason being for his form is due to the fact of the system we are playing, and the lack of creativity and chemistry as a whole. With the performance and reputation he received from Liverpool, his 50mill signing, there was an amount of pressure on Torres i don't think any football has ever endured. He needs confidence to truly perform and we have seen him contribute 100 percent but just a shame he cant get it in the back of the net.

As a whole, the highlighted are area's of weaknesses under AVB's Formation and Philosophy, to truly show how fucked we are at the moment

Mata--------Torres--------Sturridge

-----Lampard-----Ramires----------

---------------Essien------------------

Cole--------------------------Ivanovic

----------J.Terry----Luiz--------------

In a 4 3 3 formation, precise passing and movement off the ball is the key to functioning this well. Wing play is distributed providing service to one teammate to another, as well as positive creative instincts from the midfield as well as the outside players. Keeping the ball is the key for the amounts of defensive pressure we can give when the ball is loss, while keeping the ball gives us our stamina, we are quickly to react in getting the ball as soon as possible, leaving the other opponent more tired. Pressure within the midfield and forwards resolves in the team have the ball more, giving the defensive line the ability to push up to join in with the possession, in order to create attacking football.

Mata- a natural winger , most creative midfield we have and does not see much of the ball

Torres- Formation as well as build up play does not suit, leaving the lack of creativity from the midfield absent, takes on that role of checking too to provide service, has no service brought to him enough that he would like.

Sturridge- Not a natural winger, has a phobia of using his right foot, not a possession based player.

Lampard- Lacks creative instincts to provide for the formation

Ramires- Lacks creative instincts to provide for the formation

Terry- Not balanced, conditioned, or has the pace to keep hold of a high line.

Luiz- Great talent, but liability in defense. Needs to Mature.