Fernando Torres

When Drogba and Ramires (who's doesn't have the duty to score) fail to score from 15 games on the trot, then people WIILL give stick. When the team fails to score, everyone will question the main man

Now that's totally beside the point....The fact is Torres played really well yesterday, but if that was his best then its a shame. Chances may be limited in a game, but your world class strikers should make the most of the ones they get.

Anyways, I just hope he can at least maintain this level of performance and not sink into anonymity again...

I'm only reacting to this idea that the reason we dropped points was entirely Nando's fault when its obvious that there is much more glaring faults that do not focus on one player. But some people are being ignorant (CHOUL019) and thinkthat I'm somehow ignoring Torres mistakes or trying deny it. Of course he sould have scored that chances and needs to be much better infornt of goal. I'm just staggered that a couple of people are suggesting that Torres should be gven all the blame for missing that chance. Even tough time and time again its our creativity that should be blamed. We might as well as blame a player every time we drop points for missing.

I'm only reacting to this idea that the reason we dropped points was entirely Nando's fault when its obvious that there is much more glaring faults that do not focus on one player. But some people are being ignorant (CHOUL019) and thinkthat I'm somehow ignoring Torres mistakes or trying deny it. Of course he sould have scored that chances and needs to be much better infornt of goal. I'm just staggered that a couple of people are suggesting that Torres should be gven all the blame for missing that chance. Even tough time and time again its our creativity that should be blamed. We might as well as blame a player every time we drop points for missing.

Yes, it is pointless picking out one player and lay the blame on him alone for yesterdays no-show. Mata and Malouda were also guilty of poor finishing, while Meireles and Sturridge hardly had any impact in the game.

Obviously it isn't solely Fernando's fault for the result yesterday, nobody putting forward a logical argument could claim it was. However, I don't know about the rest of you, but usually when your club spends 50 million pounds (a British transfer record no less) on a player, you would expect him to have a reasonably positive effect against teams like Norwich. These days it is nothing short of depressing to watch Torres play, I was honestly a big fan of him in his pomp, he was wonderful to watch, just like so many non Arsenal fans enjoyed watching Henry, a lot of people enjoyed watching Torres. These days it is exactly the opposite, you are so desperately willing him to do well but it seems to inevitably fall flat.

I accept that the current squad and system maybe aren't ideal to what he needs. All the same though, that still justify such a poor performance yesterday or such glaring misses as the one yesterday. At a club, and in a system, where for the best part of 7 years we have had the finest all round lone striker in the world I suppose my expectations have become a bit too lofty, all the same when the replacement for the great man is 50 million world cup and euro 2008 winner Fernando Torres, I do hope you can forgive me for my disappointment at his crushingly dispirited displays.

We are now left with a 27(28?) year old striker who has lost his main asset (pace), who has virtually no confidence whatsoever and the lingering memory of one of the greatest strikers of his generation casting a shadow over every striker who wears the Chelsea jersey. A few years ago, had you asked me, who in my wildest most unrealistic dreams would I like to replace Drogba with (if necessary) and my answer would have taken a split second, I would have picked Fernando Torres. I know now that maybe its better if dreams stay just that, because in reality it has been a nightmare.

I don't actually think he's lost his pace, its just his confidence. He should be hitting the ball first time more often.

Mate he has definitely lost his pace. Check out Torres circa 2006-2008 and then watch a game with current day Torres, the difference is staggering. Its isn't unexpected though, given the amount of problems he has had with injuries, in particular his knees, it has destroyed that extra yard of killer pace he had.

It was a joke. But I am getting fed up. If you look back at the older posts, I was actually really supportive of him at the start of the season. But the patience is wearing thin and half the time I just want to call him a fucking joke because that's what that miss yesterday was. It cost us 2 points. Yes, the other individuals played poorly as well, but he had the best chance, and he missed it. So the blame lies on him. It's a hard life being a striker.

imo it would just be easier not having him in the team any more. It's too much work. Everyone is Torres Torres Torres. And he doesn't do what he's supposed to. If he doesn't come good (and by good I mean score 10+ goals) by the end of the season, sell him and start over.

Absolutely. My patience is worn thin now. Time to go to Plan C and give Lukaku the minutes or play Sturridge through the middle.

The worst part of his play is his touch on the ball, especially the first touch.

Exactly. It shouldn't take a player of his quality (at least, I think he hasn't lost his whole worldclass quality) so long, to shot a ball on goal, with just a few metres between him and the net..

Well there's one thing for sure! We can as a club, the millions of fans can say we stuck by Torres and supported him the whole way! We have treated him pretty fucking well if you ask me considering his performances since being here! I think this problem (Torres) has to become a past memory come the summer. If he doesn't start scoring every game from now til the summer break then it's time to move on. Yes it's a shame but the reality is as much as we love Torres and wish him to succeed, if hes not cutting the mustard then he is simply not cutting the mustard. We need goals to win games and we have given Torres the chance to provide exactly that and he just hasn't come up with the goods! Such a shame yeah but life goes on and we must move on this summer!

Hate it when these newspapers/statistics sites add in some random person just to emphasize how pathetic the others have been. Ever since Howard's fluke goal, it's been him. The joke is funny the first time. Not after seeing it everywhere. And for an actual newspaper to print it...... sigh