Fernando Torres

Why does a 50 million pound striker need 3 touches to shoot the damn ball, it didn't need to be masterfully placed to score from that distance.

This. It's killing me that he is lacking instinct so much that he takes three touches before shooting from 8 f*cking yards. They weren not even good touches :doh:

He had a decent game today, but If many said he provided the match winner in last 2 games, we can easily say 2 points was lost, and its his fault.

The truth is: still no goals. Only a very optimistic person would see his previous 2 matches as the beginning of his career at Chelsea.

So he's starting a "miss of the season" competition all by himself.

He already has... 3? 4? unbelievable misses. The Utd one, the Blackburn one, and this latest joke. Anyone remember any more??

Does it really matter, what's done is done. Try and move forward and keep the faith there is nothing more any of us can do...

Does it really matter, what's does is done. Try and move forward and keep the faith there is nothing more any of us can do...

just keep pushing through... id rather have him missing than completely sucking like he did last year...

keep you head up nando, i have faith...

(i mean i just bought an EXPENSIVE shirt the other day, so you better! hahaha)

Does it really matter, what's done is done. Try and move forward and keep the faith there is nothing more any of us can do...

It was a joke. But I am getting fed up. If you look back at the older posts, I was actually really supportive of him at the start of the season. But the patience is wearing thin and half the time I just want to call him a fucking joke because that's what that miss yesterday was. It cost us 2 points. Yes, the other individuals played poorly as well, but he had the best chance, and he missed it. So the blame lies on him. It's a hard life being a striker.

imo it would just be easier not having him in the team any more. It's too much work. Everyone is Torres Torres Torres. And he doesn't do what he's supposed to. If he doesn't come good (and by good I mean score 10+ goals) by the end of the season, sell him and start over.

It was a joke. But I am getting fed up. If you look back at the older posts, I was actually really supportive of him at the start of the season. But the patience is wearing thin and half the time I just want to call him a fucking joke because that's what that miss yesterday was. It cost us 2 points. Yes, the other individuals played poorly as well, but he had the best chance, and he missed it. So the blame lies on him. It's a hard life being a striker.

imo it would just be easier not having him in the team any more. It's too much work. Everyone is Torres Torres Torres. And he doesn't do what he's supposed to. If he doesn't come good (and by good I mean score 10+ goals) by the end of the season, sell him and start over.

Or maybe the whole team should be blamed for being one of the most uncreative, boring and dire teams we have seen for years (and certainly the most boring in the league), who can't seem to create even half chance and we have to rely on something very lucky to get a goal. Like Torres having to out of nothing volley the ball, only to hit the post, but lucky enough to smash against Lampard last weeek against Sunderland.

I know there is complaints about Torres fanboys and that people praise to him too much for apparent decent performances. But it seems that there are also some people who just want to blame everything on Torres and just want to use him only to vent their anger and never want to give him credit when he gives a good performance. But lets be consistant with your philosophy. So the reason we dropped points againts Spurs is becuase of Ramires, he had 2 great oppertunities to scores and fluffed them. So all the blame lies with him and its his fault we did not win. Or how about Drogba against Fulham, goes one on one with the goalkeeper and gives a pathetic tap on the ball that took no effort for the keeper to pick up, he should get all the blame for us dropping points there as well.

Well I hope you will be consitant with that and not just be selective for Torres only. Becuase I think that is what you might be doing. I don't remember you ever blaming it all on Ramires and Drogba in the other matches.

Well...if there was any confidence in him today, it was definitely demolished after that miss, What a waste of money chants and Lukaku sub...

As I said couple of pages back, I will judge him when January is over...

Yeah,wish AVB hadn't subbed him so early, because bar the finishing he was at least involved in the build-up play.....Should've removed Sturridge instead, as he was absent for nearly the entire 2nd half

Well I hope you will be consitant with that and not just be selective for Torres only. Becuase I think that is what you might be doing. I don't remember you ever blaming it all on Ramires and Drogba in the other matches.

When Drogba and Ramires (who's doesn't have the duty to score) fail to score from 15 games on the trot, then people WIILL give stick. When the team fails to score, everyone will question the main man

Now that's totally beside the point....The fact is Torres played really well yesterday, but if that was his best then its a shame. Chances may be limited in a game, but your world class strikers should make the most of the ones they get.

Anyways, I just hope he can at least maintain this level of performance and not sink into anonymity again...

Or maybe the whole team should be blamed for being one of the most uncreative, boring and dire teams we have seen for years (and certainly the most boring in the league), who can't seem to create even half chance and we have to rely on something very lucky to get a goal. Like Torres having to out of nothing volley the ball, only to hit the post, but lucky enough to smash against Lampard last weeek against Sunderland.

I know there is complaints about Torres fanboys and that people praise to him too much for apparent decent performances. But it seems that there are also some people who just want to blame everything on Torres and just want to use him only to vent their anger and never want to give him credit when he gives a good performance. But lets be consistant with your philosophy. So the reason we dropped points againts Spurs is becuase of Ramires, he had 2 great oppertunities to scores and fluffed them. So all the blame lies with him and its his fault we did not win. Or how about Drogba against Fulham, goes one on one with the goalkeeper and gives a pathetic tap on the ball that took no effort for the keeper to pick up, he should get all the blame for us dropping points there as well.

The worry is he's getting the chances and he's missing, even you have to be worried by the chance he missed yesterday that sort of thing used to be food and drink for him. I'm seriously worried because i know he's much better then that, have you also noticed that he's taking that extra touch in the box ? When he was confident he was hitting those first time and the keeper had no chance. He has gone 17 games without a goal now and you have to be worried. His chance conversion rate is at 10% and that is low for someone of his pedigree.