Fernando Torres

I don't understand how everyone on this forum are so quick to react. I know Torres hasn't done any wonders here and he has been here for a year. I just don't understand the timing of all this criticism. He's been on the bench for the last, what, 4 games? And he hasn't been bad in those minutes he get's on the field. Set up a goal for Kalou to finish the game against Newcastle.

It seems to me like it was only 1 or 2 weeks ago when most (including me) were badmouthing Drogba for bad performances. Suddenly Drogba has one fantastic display and then all of you get the urge to criticize Torres even though he's hardly gotten any minutes last month. Has everyone forgotten those games before Valencia where he didn't look any better than Torres?

Why the fuck are you criticizing him at this point?

Sadly that's how it works lol. When Torres was playing well, Drogba got all the hate, now it's the reverse.

I don't understand how everyone on this forum are so quick to react. I know Torres hasn't done any wonders here and he has been here for a year. I just don't understand the timing of all this criticism. He's been on the bench for the last, what, 4 games? And he hasn't been bad in those minutes he get's on the field. Set up a goal for Kalou to finish the game against Newcastle.

It seems to me like it was only 1 or 2 weeks ago when most (including me) were badmouthing Drogba for bad performances. Suddenly Drogba has one fantastic display and then all of you get the urge to criticize Torres even though he's hardly gotten any minutes last month. Has everyone forgotten those games before Valencia where he didn't look any better than Torres?

thank you! finally someone who gets it...

i dont see how anyone can judge him when he is getting 10mins a game, and wait, i think he had an assist last game too...hmmmmm

yeah, you guys are right, he isnt doing shit for the team.............................

give him his run and watch... the team is finally falling into good form and really starting to understand eachother... give torres his chance too, he looks great in his 10min spells...

I don't think anyone is saying that it is the Drogba of old, we aren't stupid, we know time takes its toll on players buteven a 33 year old past his prime Drogba is still a much better option than the Chelsea version of Fernando Torres. Torres sitting on the bench isn't going to help anyone? I'd beg to differ, I'd say there are 11 Chelsea players on the pitch who benefit from him not being there.

Don`t agree. Drogba was even more shitty when he came back, and before the red card. Torres was beginning to improve Swanswa, Genk etc. and then he got his red card and was sacked to start in. Seriously?,to belive all 11 players benefit from him on the bench, like saying he is to blame for our poor form lately, well he hardly played. But all our words dont mean shit, its what Boas decides to do that does. Still cant blame for peoples lack of confidence in him, i just hasnt lost that

yet and still think he can perform, but maybe not here sadly.

If Kalou & Anelka do, we will have to. Otherwise we'll be left with 2 strikers, Drogba & Torres. With the ACoN we'll have 1, perhaps 2 if you count Sturridge. That's not enough.

I'm not against signing backup (why would anyone?)...I just feel that midfield/winger is a greater priority....

Exactly..can't we just be happy for the fact that at any time at least one of them will perform? :P

^ The only thing that matters.

Drogs is in form, let him start in all games till the time it works for us. But him scoring while Torres sits on the bench in no way makes the latter shittier. Also, as others have mentioned, Torres should and will get his chance when Drogs is away for the ACON. Given the style of play AVB plans to build at our club, he MUST prove his worth then, else he goes to whoever wants to take him in the summer.

But its quite apparent that some folks here would rather see him get worse, than get better.

^ The only thing that matters.

Drogs is in form, let him start in all games till the time it works for us. But him scoring while Torres sits on the bench in no way makes the latter shittier. Also, as others have mentioned, Torres should and will get his chance when Drogs is away for the ACON. Given the style of play AVB plans to build at our club, he MUST prove his worth then, else he goes to whoever wants to take him in the summer.

But its quite apparent that some folks here would rather see him get worse, than get better.

You make too much sense... :yes: (twat) :P

Don`t agree. Drogba was even more shitty when he came back, and before the red card. Torres was beginning to improve Swanswa, Genk etc. and then he got his red card and was sacked to start in. Seriously?,to belive all 11 players benefit from him on the bench, like saying he is to blame for our poor form lately, well he hardly played. But all our words dont mean shit, its what Boas decides to do that does. Still cant blame for peoples lack of confidence in him, i just hasnt lost that

Im not blaming him for all of our bad form, Im simply saying that the team benefits from Drogba starting ahead of him.

You answered your own question (check the parts I bolded in your post)

Most of my frustration towards Torres is not purely because he hasn't been scoring. It's because from the moment he joined us until now except for 4 or 5 games, he has shown the skills of an average footballer. When he tries to dribble, he loses the ball. When he tries to run past a player, he loses the ball. He has lost pace and is so bereft of confidence that it is extraordinary.

His run that set up Kalou's goal against Newcastle..... The old Torres would have scored that. Look at the goal again. He almost lost the ball due to poor control. His assist for Mata against Leverkusen was similar. Old Torres woulda scored that.

I agree that my criticism can be over the top at times but it's purely due to frustration and he hasn't been helping himself on occasions by showing no interest on the pitch

Most of my frustration towards Torres is not purely because he hasn't been scoring. It's because from the moment he joined us until now except for 4 or 5 games, he has shown the skills of an average footballer. When he tries to dribble, he loses the ball. When he tries to run past a player, he loses the ball. He has lost pace and is so bereft of confidence that it is extraordinary.

His run that set up Kalou's goal against Newcastle..... The old Torres would have scored that. Look at the goal again. He almost lost the ball due to poor control. His assist for Mata against Leverkusen was similar. Old Torres woulda scored that.

I agree that my criticism can be over the top at times but it's purely due to frustration and he hasn't been helping himself on occasions by showing no interest on the pitch

That's the biggest factor, rather than lack of goals.

Not really no, my question was about the timing. As you can see if you read the rest of the post.

It's still valid. Because in the time he did play, and start, which was during the first few months of this season, he did the "1 step forward, 2 backwards" phase. Then André then stuck with him, even after he got himself sent off.

Drogba's been biding his time. Yes he put in some pathetic performances when coming off the bench, but when we finally needed him, he came through. Now Torres is giving the same poor attitude when he's called upon, and he continues to show no passion or interest in the game.

I don't blame him. This was a the wrong move for his career, and I believe if he went back to Spain he's find that passion back.

The only games Torres didn't show any "passion" in recently is against Liverpool - both games.

Your optimism in him, is greater than mine then.

I see no desire from him, I just see him doing this as a 'job'. Unlike when he was at Leti & Liverpool.