Oscar

themightyblue

I don't see it as urgent to be honest. Who is really interested in Oscar? Why would they? He didn't have a good season - only a good half, he didn't have a good WC (although not terrible either). His form's been on limbo and so is interest for him imo. Of course, it'd be wiser to extend his contract now - so it'd prevent him from asking too much money if he's at the top of his game - on the other hand is also a risk. What if after another year he proves to still struggle to keep up from the winter on? Then it makes much more sense for the club to let him go rather than keep him. If he doesn't get used to the winter days and the league in three years, I think he never will. I'd wait and assess it further later if I was the board. There's no rush because there's no one seriously coming. I've never even bought PSG interest. Don't remember if their board or president acknowledged them back then...

All valid points.

Perhaps if the club sign Oscar to a new deal on a marginally better salary that would suit all parties; the player would have more years and the club would have a potentially better player on a relatively small salary. I think waiting could cost the club far more than it would be to just sign him up now. Even if things don't work out I still think Oscar could be moved on for a decent fee.

played extremely well. That moment where he showed the defenders some filth and almost scored ,, aswell as the back-heel flick shows he was in the groove. Oscar we just need more games like this please, where he not only offers the balance defensively but also shows some sort of belief in his ability in the final third. Oscar-Cesc-Hazard ran that midfield today. Could watch that second half over and over and over again.

Which is funny because our worst attacker first half was Andre

by a fair margin... actually despite the own goal, Matic's and defense mistakes, I think Schurrle was our worst player in the first half. He was really bad, worse than the others who weren't that good - except Hazard and Costa (I do think Costa was good since the start).

As for Oscar. It's nice that he reminded us of what he can do. It's actually great, but he needs to keep it up. Now is the time of the year that he normally plays well. It's hot, it's early days, he normally does well from August to December. We need him to keep this level. He showed he can do a flick, and he has some vision and some nice assisting pass on him all while tackling, pressing, shortening spaces for the opponent (he did all those things very well imo). He needs to find some consistency on his game. With no national team distraction and two seasons under his belt, I hope he finally takes that step towards his ceiling, consistently playing better. It's been a needed improvement, but he can do more and he definitely can do it more often.

Which is funny because our worst attacker first half was Andre

Andre worries me as he has this absolutely awful spells. Need to find some consistency where he still does the bare minimum even when not his day. Oscar has already found that.

Oscar was decent in the first half and very good in second.

I'd not blame Matic because our mid was overrun and he was constantly under pressure. Ramires fixed that in the second.

He is getting worse now imo, at this rate he won't even get to 5 goals. For some reason most of our goals he is nowhere to be seen or doesn't seem to contribute anything significantly. If he is truly knackered, lets rest him for 1 month, we got enough covers now and maybe Salah can have more minutes.

played extremely well. That moment where he showed the defenders some filth and almost scored ,, aswell as the back-heel flick shows he was in the groove. Oscar we just need more games like this please, where he not only offers the balance defensively but also shows some sort of belief in his ability in the final third. Oscar-Cesc-Hazard ran that midfield today. Could watch that second half over and over and over again.

Was extremely influential in the attacks once Costa took the pressure off everybody by scoring his third. Wish he played like that from the beginning.

He is getting worse now imo, at this rate he won't even get to 5 goals. For some reason most of our goals he is nowhere to be seen or doesn't seem to contribute anything significantly. If he is truly knackered, lets rest him for 1 month, we got enough covers now and maybe Salah can have more minutes.

Not to say you are wrong or anything like that , but could elaborate more he so far this season has given passes before an assist as well as picked up an assist and along with Costa is instrumental in the team winning the ball higher up the pitch

This part not directed at you in particular but even when we plays well people seem to still find reasons to put him down, I don't get it..

Anyway Oscar was very good today helped out in defence when Ivan pushed forward dropped into RB position rotated with Cesc and Hazard and took players on, got an assist and should have had a goal.. well played young oscar!

Not to say you are wrong or anything like that , but could elaborate more he so far this season has given passes before an assist as well as picked up an assist and along with Costa is instrumental in the team winning the ball higher up the pitch

This part not directed at you in particular but even when we plays well people seem to still find reasons to put him down, I don't get it..

Anyway Oscar was very good today helped out in defence when Ivan pushed forward dropped into RB position rotated with Cesc and Hazard and took players on, got an assist and should have had a goal.. well played young oscar!

He is not really playing well, maybe OK is a more suitable word. For example if we compare his form now to the last 2 years he would already scored a few by now. Also it says it all when the best part of his game atm is helping out defence when he should be contributing at other end as our main CAM

I don't know, he just seems to really lack match fitness/form atm

He is not really playing well, maybe OK is a more suitable word. For example if we compare his form now to the last 2 years he would already scored a few by now. Also it says it all when the best part of his game atm is helping out defence when he should be contributing at other end as our main CAM

I don't know, he just seems to really lack match fitness/form atm

Eden Hazard took on defenders made the game hard for Swansea players didn't assist or score and had his best performance of the season no one talking about him not scoring but for oscar he gets held to a different standard why? because Jose chose him instead of Mata and De Bruyne .. If your only fault with him is he is not scoring enough in a team where our #1 striker scores majority of our goals then I dunno how to fully respond. In the seasons prior it was almost mandatory for our AMs to score because we had no strikers.. His job in Mourinho team is to facilitate play score when he gets a chance and provide assists when he gets chance.. He didn't score today but he assisted as you put it a main CAM should ..