Oscar

themightyblue

BPL wingers are all uber fast. (Save David Silva)

Oscar is deceptively fast, but not uber fast (I think everyone is faster than him cept maybe Mata)! To be honest, even if he has another year on his resume, if he doesn't play centrally, we will never see Oscar reach his full potential.

It's a good problem to have with Mata and Oscar, but like I said before, if Oscar doesn't slide back to the pivot or given full reign of number 10, one will leave in the short term.

He hasn't had a good season. He has basically been useless in the league and a few great games in Europe doesn't make up for that. Expectations are directly related to cost. Oscar cost 25M pounds which is what elite midfielders cost. When you buy someone for 5M pounds or whatever, you expect growing pains and struggles, for 25M, you expect immediate excellence or you really shouldn't be paying that much.

It's not like we got "immediate excellence" from lukaku when we signed him for 18m. We paid that much for Oscar because of his potential.

It's not like we got "immediate excellence" from lukaku when we signed him for 18m. We paid that much for Oscar because of his potential.

2 Things.

1) We paid 13M for Lukaku with clauses that could take it up to 18...so half of what Oscar cost. Lots of young promising, talented players like Oxlade-Chamberlin and Phil Jones go for around what Lukaku went for. In the last 3 seasons, the midfielders who went for more than 20M have been. Hazard, Mata, Nasri, Ya Ya Toure, and Silva. All of those players were successful at a high level before the transfers. If you go a bit cheaper, you get players like Kagawa, Milner, Ramires, and Dembele.

2) Lukaku had no success his first year because he never played. He started 4 games in the entire season and 3 of those were in the League Cup. Oscar has played a full first-team season with Chelsea.

Because tho cost of transfers are spread out over the life of a contract, we're actually paying for Oscar (let's say he's making 40K/week) over 7M pounds a year. This is why despite what people want, paying big money for players you need to develop is a bad policy because you have to pay big money while they are developing which means that the financial benefit you get later in the contract is mitigated by your losses earlier in the contract... (Also, as KDB and Courtois and others have shown, you can get very good quality youngsters for cheaper anyway).

Out of the three amigos he was the most shocking one. Couldn't get past his marker once and didn't really play in the rhythm of the game either.

Which is why I can't understand the inclusion of him in the starting XI. Should have gone with Moses who will provide width and actually pose a threat there as opposed to play Oscar out wide, when at the moment, his form is poor(due to fatigue, understandable) but can't do the basics right like the passing, keeping hold of the ball etc.

Which is why I can't understand the inclusion of him in the starting XI. Should have gone with Moses who will provide width and actually pose a threat there as opposed to play Oscar out wide, when at the moment, his form is poor(due to fatigue, understandable) but can't do the basics right like the passing, keeping hold of the ball etc.

The last games Moses played he was horrific, worse than Oscar.

Also, Mata had a shocker and I dont see you posting it on his thread!

Ok ,

We had pages on here describing and telling he is knackered. Don't burn him now, lads.

I actually think FSW should protect him and not make this kid burn out. We will need him next year and I think a good holiday ill do wonders to this team.

Still, bad game, kid.

The last games Moses played he was horrific, worse than Oscar.

He might not be in great form but least he will provide a greater threat by giving us width out wide and stretch the play as opposed to go all narrow with Mata, Oscar and Hazard. And besides, he has played decently recently and has scored a few goals that should have warranted him a start today.

Also, Mata had a shocker and I dont see you posting it on his thread!

Wasn't as bad as Oscar. At least Mata was in the game, looking to create chances and feed balls into Ba etc. Oscar was hardly seen doing that at all.

His purchase was wrong in the first place. We signed him instead of a proper winger, overloading the squad with AMs. Since then he has been disappointing, by far the worst of the three amigos. His scoring spree in he European tournaments could not distract from his grave deficiencies in finishing, decision making and precision. Brazil really must be untypically short of options in his position, he is by far the worst player to put on the legendary no.10 shirt i have ever seen.

On the other hand one can't expect a 21 year old to completely adapt from a joke league to the strongest league in the world within one season. he surely needs time, at least one more season. Still the idea of buying him was bullocks from the very beginning.

His purchase was wrong in the first place. We signed him instead of a proper winger, overloading the squad with AMs. Since then he has been disappointing, by far the worst of the three amigos. His scoring spree in he European tournaments could not distract from his grave deficiencies in finishing, decision making and precision. Brazil really must be untypically short of options in his position, he is by far the worst player to put on the legendary no.10 shirt i have ever seen.

On the other hand one can't expect a 21 year old to completely adapt from a joke league to the strongest league in the world within one season. he surely needs time, at least one more season. Still the idea of buying him was bullocks from the very beginning.

actually he is almost always brazils best player when they play and far outshines neymar , kaka , ronaldinho , hulk ect.

He might not be in great form but least he will provide a greater threat by giving us width out wide and stretch the play as opposed to go all narrow with Mata, Oscar and Hazard. And besides, he has played decently recently and has scored a few goals that should have warranted him a start today.

He was decent in Europa League, but the last games in domestic tournaments Moses had shocker after shocker.

I totally agree we shouldnt go narrow, but if we are to expect a sparkle of talent and magic, the answer is Oscar and not Moses.

Anyways, not his thread...

Wasn't as bad as Oscar. At least Mata was in the game, looking to create chances and feed balls into Ba etc. Oscar was hardly seen doing that at all.

I think it was worse than Oscar. He did nothing when he was in the middle, but we improved once Oscar was there!

His miss is also absurd. Why didnt he shoot? Not that Oscar's crosses were any better, but if one should get all this negativity, the other should too.

I am not trying to take the blame off Oscar, he has had an average season at the most (his very first season in Europe after no summer though). However, I am arguing why he seems to be the only one getting the blame for our loss...

That cause Mata plays in a free role! I can bet Rafa has told Oscar to be discipline and stay on the flanks and not roam so much.

Also, Mata def. played the best today out of them...

actually he is almost always brazils best player when they play and far outshines neymar , kaka , ronaldinho , hulk ect.

So what? When Ronaldinho and Kaka were 21 they were ages ahaed of him.

I think that rather tells some story about how poor Brazil is these days. Kaka, Ronnie have aged fast and the youth doesn't cut it

I always thought Ganso and Kaka were the worse number 10s for Brazil.

Anyways, his purchase would of been better had we put him in the pivot or at cam the whole season, rather than have him play wing... Lucas would of been a good signing.