Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Becoming the new scapegoat. The attack were all as bad as each other. And anyone asking for him to be sold because of being in bad form is being ridiculous

I completely agree I don't remember too many of our players being booed at the Bridge it's very disappointing considering the support we have given to Sheva and Torres - who always gotten a big cheer at the Bridge

I really enjoyed Sturridge's somewhat selfish nature during AVB's tenure mainly for the reason that we were not creating enough, and sure as hell weren't taking our chances and shooting. Plus he's a natural striker, so a lot of you need to lay off the haterade. If he was playing in the middle of the ground, his attitude would be perfect and a lot of you wouldn't be complaining. His shot is a lot better than his passing, so I'd rather he win us a corner than possibly turn it over.

We cannot let go of this kid. He's the next Robben, not even kidding. He's got the pace and build, the touch with the ball at his feet, just lacking in the passing. He will get there though, only 22 still. Do not let him leave. This kid is the future of our club at the front, and the future of England. He will be one of the best players of his generation. He's too quick and talented with the ball at his feet not to be.

He's too quick and talented with the ball at his feet not to be.

As was Sebastian Deisler, and as is Gervinho. That's not a guarantee of a future world class player; for that; you need your head screwed on the right way, you need a good attitude to being benched and not being the main man, something poor Daniel seems to lack.

This dip in form is normal. All young players go through it at one point. The first name that pops into my head right now is Thomas Muller for example. Not even close to what he was last year this season.

So I'm not worried, we'll just have to see how he does next season.

Sturridge has all the tools to become a great player for us. Look at yesterday, he created that goal from nothing! This is the Sturridge we all know from the beginning of the season. I know he's crying out to start as our no.9 but he shouldn't be ashamed about starting on the wings. Look at Ronaldo; when he starts on the wings for Real Madrid you don't associate the term 'winger' to him do you? Granted the final third in Real Madrid's line up interchange a lot, but the point still stands. When Ronaldo is on the flanks he uses that space to his advantage and that's something Danny needs to adopt. He can dribble past players, but he has a tendency to keep hold of the ball far too long, rather than letting his team mates help him.

There was a point in yesterday's match where Lampard (I think it was him anyway) was infront of him and I was shouting at the screen PASS THE BALL!!! He did a great job keeping hold of the ball up to that point, but he tries to do far too much than he is capable of. Lamps was only like 4 foot away and if he made that pass, he could have let Lamps make that cross and Danny could have darted in the box for a header. It's little things like that which are hindering his prospects at Chelsea. If he can sort that out and improve his tracking back he's going to be not only a fantastic player for us, but for England as well!

Is it just me or does Sturridge just never learn from being dropped by RDM? Yesterday, he was pretty much being usual self again; selfish & shooting at sight first time at every opportunity. Does he really thinks that he can get into the starting XI if he isn't working for the team & playing as a team?! Just scoring goals won't get him far in the team. At this rate, I really can't be bothered if the club decided to sell him off this summer. So frustrating to watch every time he play these days!

Is it just me or does Sturridge just never learn from being dropped by RDM? Yesterday, he was pretty much being usual self again; selfish & shooting at sight first time at every opportunity. Does he really thinks that he can get into the starting XI if he isn't working for the team & playing as a team?! Just scoring goals won't get him far in the team. At this rate, I really can't be bothered if the club decided to sell him off this summer. So frustrating to watch every time he play these days!

I agree with you, if someone would pay a lot money for him I would sell him. Of course it's nice that there's a young English player in our squad who played some games this season, but he's looking just too often for a goal, particularly as a winger.

I would give Torres a real chance next season with Lukaku as Back-Up. There are other problems in our squad, therefore we have to save some money. So, the departure of Drobga and a possible fee for Sturridge would give us more space with regard to the next transfer window.