Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Next season? lel.gif

He wants 100k a week. And he's got one year left. He either takes 60k now or we sell him in the summer. We can't let someone like him walk away for free, nor can we pay 100k a week for him, either.

I'm assuming he pulls his head out his arse and gains some sense. Than he can stay for another season.

He insisted: “That’s the position I will always pick myself, centre-forward.”

And added, less convincingly: “But whatever position the manager picks me in I’m happy and right now, for the team, I’m in the wide position.

“I will always give 100 per cent and work as hard as I can to get the success we all want.”

Tbh I've never heard him moan about playing on the wing. He's just saying he's a centre-forward and prefers that position. If you put Terry in midfield I'm sure he'd say the same thing.

Unfortunately, we were not present at the interview and as far as I know, no video of it exists. So we cannot know for sure if it was unconvincing or if the Sun is making it up.

Unfortunately, we were not present at the interview and as far as I know, no video of it exists. So we cannot know for sure if it was unconvincing or if the Sun is making it up.

When reading a Sun article, you may as well skip all the gibberish which isn't in between quotation marks. The "less convincingly" is purely a journo's interpretation and should be ignored, as journalism is about reporting events and facts, not interpreting them. The whole point of the article was to make Studge look like a delusional megalomaniac, so naturally they would try to demonize the more positive quotes.

Next season? lel.gif

He wants 100k a week. And he's got one year left. He either takes 60k now or we sell him in the summer. We can't let someone like him walk away for free, nor can we pay 100k a week for him, either.

how do you know what he is asking for?

Of course you wouldn't care if he leaves, even though he's our best young striker. We let go of Borini, we'll probably sell off Lukaku in 2-3 seasons due to lack of playing time to some German or Spanish club and considering we're about to sell Sturridge, we'll be left with a 30 year old Spanish dude who doesn't look capable of scoring 15 goals in a season.

I'd rather take my chances with the "Spanish dude" who is a proven striker and looks to be on his way back to form than a 23 year old grumpy sod who tries to make a spectacle of everything he does and who doesn't pass a ball.

how do you know what he is asking for?

http://www.dailymail...-Sturridge.html

65,000 a week he's currently earning; other articles reckon Man City will offer him more than 100k. He's got to be angling for something above what he's currently on. He rejected Man City in 2009 for not offering him 75,000 a week, 100 sounds like a nice even number. Perhaps 90, but I doubt someone who wanted 75,000 at 18 years of age would settle for less than 6 figures at 22.

get off his back ,,,yes he has had a run of bad form but now you are just spouting like a hater

This is not about form. It's about him and his agent fuelling the idea in his head that he deserves that kind of money, which, apart from perhaps 6-8 members of our current squad, no one else deserves.

Looks more and more likely to me he will probably leave in summer. Don't understand why he doesn't just get a few games up top. I realise we haven't got much on the right, but surely after the spell he had at Bolton, he deserved his chance in that same position that made him a first choice starter their, here. When Torres and Drogba wern't doing anything for more than half the season, this kid could have bagged a hat full. He is arrogant, He does think he's up their with Rooney no doubt. I don't like his attitude or his work rate on the wing either. Thats why Kalou is even ahead of him right now, but then Kalou is a winger, Danny is not.

you believe the mail ?????

I took the trouble to check the link was dated March ...didnt find the figure you quoted he was demanding

No, that figure was deduced from the fact that he wanted 75k 4 years ago, (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/5123641/Manchester-City-hand-Daniel-Sturridge-final-contract-offer.html) when he was a new kid on the block. Now he will have convinced himself 4 years on that he deserves a rise, and especially since he had a very good 2011 at Bolton and with us; he deserves that 6 figure mark. And if he hasn't, his agent certainly will have.

He has 5 assists this season. In comparison, Meireles has 4, Ramires has 5, Drogba has 4. He isn't doing bad in terms of assisting his teammates.

5 of those 'assists' were probably just miskewed shots that just happened to fall at the feet of the goal scorer......

No, that figure was deduced from the fact that he wanted 75k 4 years ago, (http://www.telegraph...ract-offer.html) when he was a new kid on the block. Now he will have convinced himself 4 years on that he deserves a rise, and especially since he had a very good 2011 at Bolton and with us; he deserves that 6 figure mark. And if he hasn't, his agent certainly will have.

and if I made similar speculations about what Kalou is asking for .......let me guess your reaction ..............

and if I made similar speculations about what Kalou is asking for .......let me guess your reaction ..............

Much the same. Kalou is not a 6 figure player. But most speculation places his demands at 80k, which even I feel is a bit extortionate. If you came to me and said Kalou wants 100k a week, I would question you, but 80 seems to fall in line with what many members and media outlets have arrived at. I feel the Sturridge situation is much the same, except we actually can make some money off him this summer while we can't off Kalou.

5 of those 'assists' were probably just miskewed shots that just happened to fall at the feet of the goal scorer......

Short memory you have. I remember 2 of his good assists clearly.. one to Drogba in UCL against Leverkusen (or Genk?) and the other to Meireles against City. Both were very well given. Can't remember the rest though.

A potential solution to the contract issue could be performance based incentives. Let's say, he stays on his current wage of (sorry for speculating :P) 60-65,000 a week, but is given a bonus of 20,000 every time he completes 90 minutes and a further 20,000 every time he scores a goal or gets an assist.