Eden Hazard

the wes

He has a tight calf that's why not in the matchday squad.

I know, but that cannot be the reason to not put him on the bench.

Players play with injections and all ... and a tight calf keeps him from being on the bench even? I find that truly hard to believe. Sounds like a bullshit make-up reason to me, actually.

Something is afoot.

Players play with injections and all ... and a tight calf keeps him from being on the bench even? I find that truly hard to believe. Sounds like a bullshit make-up reason to me, actually.

Something is afoot.

Maybe he wants to heal naturally? :P

Something is afoot.

Playing with infiltration is not good and we have matches every three days until the end of the year. Better to heal properly than to play with infiltration.

I think he has played matches with infiltration but it seems like it's great for the match he was on it but not great for two three matches after.

Especially for a player like him that is explosive.

I am not in any way saying he should play with an infiltration! No way in hell!

I just wanted to highlight that that kind of injury is small in comparison to what other players sometimes are forced to play.

I do understand it though, very much, I would hate him having a more serious injury.

Also: belgian commentator says it is his ankle .... huh?

wonder how serious his injury really is... Will be needed in the next games.

Posted by "Iceboy" in the match thread.

On the absence of Eden Hazard

' He had a problem with his calf. He trained yesterday and we thought he was fine, but we didn't want to take a risk with him.

'He could be available [for Wednesday], the physios are working with him and he could be fit.'

So just precaution.

Really missed him today. He helps the team keep the ball and calms things down. Believe we would have won comfortably if he was available.

Can't forget him driving at defenders and opening up space for others, he's become so important for us now, probably will be more important than Mata soon enough.