David Luiz

the wes

Interesting... I think both Mikel and Luiz are not really good enough for the pivot role. in fact, I reckon Ramires is the only midfielder we've got who really shines in there. Ramires' mobility is the most fundamental requirement to play in the pivot and both Mikel and Luiz lack mobility. While Luiz is a pacey CB, he's a slow midfielder. Luiz displays more aggression than Mikel, but both are pretty slow and that is the reason players skip past them on occasion. It's very different in defense, where you've got no space behind you and opposition needs to employ short dribbling to go past you, and that's where Luiz shines.

I'm not a big fan o Mikel, but I think he would be a lot better as an anchorman, a holding mid sitting immediately in front of the defense. David would prob do better in such a role as well, say in a 4-5-1 system. One of the most annoying things about our team is the lack of tactical variations... need to sort out the coaching.

prob a discussion for a diff thread though. :)

I agree, Luiz is not really fast for a cm or that skilled.. However, as a CB, he is.

Now that I think about it, does the BPL have good CMs?

Off the top of my head, I can think of only Yaya, Jack and Gerrard.

I agree, Luiz is not really fast for a cm or that skilled.. However, as a CB, he is.

Arteta and Carrick too. But truth be told, the CMs and DMs in the Premier League are miles behind the midfielders in the other top leagues, like Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Garcia, Busquets, Xavi, Alonso, etc

Arteta and Carrick too. But truth be told, the CMs and DMs in the Premier League are miles behind the midfielders in the other top leagues, like Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Garcia, Busquets, Alonso, etc

Yea, I never realized it, until recently how crappy the CMs are in BPL.

IMO also for a CM he is really fast and skilled He is our 2nd most skilful, 2nd fastest and 2nd best passer and 2nd best tackler in CM, so has the best all-round pakage to play there. I also think he should remain CB, but for tomorrow we need him in midfield when Mikel is out.

IMO also for a CM he is really fast and skilled He is our 2nd most skilful, 2nd fastest and 2nd best passer and 2nd best tackler in CM, so has the best all-round pakage to play there. I also think he should remain CB, but for tomorrow we need him in midfield when Mikel is out.

Luiz is not fast for a cm. Rambo is...

Also, he doesn't have the stamina to play CM, unless he plays like Mikel.

But your right, with what Chelsea have right now, I would prefer him over Mikel and Lamps.

Well for whatever reason, the Premier League has fallen quite a bit in terms of quality compared to La Liga and the Bundesliga in recent years.

which is not true. The top four teams of England have stagnated, whilst both, Dortmund and BAyern have their best teams ever. If you regard the whole league the gap between the EPL and the other leagues has never been wieder. This year's bundesliga , apart from the big two, has been the worst I have ever seen and La liga is not covering itself in glory, too.

which is not true. The top four teams of England have stagnated, whilst both, Dortmund and BAyern have their best teams ever. If you regard the whole league the gap between the EPL and the other leagues has never been wieder. This year's bundesliga , apart from the big two, has been the worst I have ever seen and La liga is not covering itself in glory, too.

That's true, my mistake. I should have been more clear. The top teams in England have become quite a bit worse compared to the other leagues.

Henrique, that's not what we are discussing.... we are discussing their effectiveness in different roles comparing them with their peers, in the BPL and abroad. After all, we need better than our opponents.

Last OT from me: I thought we should've gotten Dembele and was disappointed when he moved to spurs. Not crazy about Arteta--too feeble for CM position IMO. Hard working player don't like to play for Arsenal, because they'd be the only ones doing the hard word for the little, pacey, and skilled others.

But yeah, even United's CM bets have gone wrong... Anderson was one of the biggest disappointments for United and Brazilian supporters everywhere. He could've become a CM Brazil hasn't had in quite a while. Fellaini can become a very good player in that position though. But yeah, Yaya just dominates in that role.

Last OT from me: I thought we should've gotten Dembele and was disappointed when he moved to spurs.

Agreed. He would've been perfect for our pivot. Brilliant defensively, can drive the team forward from midfield and has excellent short passing game. Only thing he could work on really was his long range passing but his pros definitely outweigh his cons. Shame we didn't go for him, £15m is a steal.

Agreed. He would've been perfect for our pivot. Brilliant defensively, can drive the team forward from midfield and has excellent short passing game. Only thing he could work on really was his long range passing but his pros definitely outweigh his cons. Shame we didn't go for him, £15m is a steal.

Also would have meant another Belgium, get three, get the fourth half price :\

Of course not including KDB, or the young brothers.

Totally agree. Weirdly my boss who is a die hard Yid doesn't like Dembele. Think's he is overrated and doesn't bring anything to their team. I think the complete opposite and believe apart from Vertonghen that Dembele has been one of their better if not the best signing from last summer's transfer window.

^ totally agreed. I said it about 6 months ago, Luiz can play as an auxiliary midfielder when we need an extra man, or perhaps when we're playing a shit team in Europe/one of the domestic cups, but against top teams he can't deal with the pace of the game.