Spike

39 minutes ago, manpe said:

I think there already is. The problem is that there are too many of them, many of whom people don't realize to suspect. Like the Manchester bomber, people who knew him said he was the last person they expected to do something like this. This also applies to many serial killers - they don't bark before biting. The reality is that there are too many of such people, it's simply impossible for intelligence agencies to root out every single one of them, and it takes only one to cause major disaster. I'm sure many atrocities have been prevented too, but we only see and hear about those that took place. I fear there is no solution other than complete segregation and division of people without access to each other, which you cannot imagine in a "free world". Responsibility lies with the people who started poking the Middle East and African nations out of greed, causing grief and destruction, which in turn resulted in vengeful hatred fueled by religious cultism. And those western leaders who forced uncontrolled mass immigration onto their own soil and into their own peoples' homes. It is no coincidence that terror acts in Europe have skyrocketed during the immigration crisis, common people feared that it would happen from the start, but did the decision-makers listen? Fuck no, it was lucrative business for somebody somewhere. They share the blood on their hands with terrorists.

I feel some Muslim community's need to do more they need to inform the police which ones are being brainwashed into doing evil things I feel sorry for the Muslims community's because there's alot of good Muslim people out there 

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

wouldn't it be beneficial to at least make sure that certain mosques and communities aren't aiding people's treks into the middle-east and Africa to be trained into terrorist splinter cells? Wouldn't that be killing the trouble at the source? Most of the issues seem to be homegrown.

Yeah I think (well we're told so) the authorities are doing covert work on this - but maybe @Manpe has a point, theres just too many to keep an eye on. The other radicalisation factor is that you can watch Arab videos online of atrocities by Assad, Russia , the US, UK etc whereby there are uncensored mutilations and killings of Muslim children by US and UK bombings. Stuff that we don't watch, but can turn a disaffected young Muslims head. So a root cause is the Western adventures in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc which also needs to be addressed ...cue @Choulo19.....

Been shocked to the core since reading the news yesterday morning. This was so barbaric and senseless and random and pointless. Particularly that the victims were mostly kids trying to have a good time. I couldn't help but cry when reading about that innocent 8-year-old and what her teacher had to say about her. It's just beyond evil.

I am genuinely not saying this to disagree with manpe and Spike about how foreigners vs Englishmen must feel about this, and I certainly am not claiming that I am nearly as emotionally affected by this as anyone in Manchester. But maybe it's because I'm from somewhere where these kind of atrocities have happened (too) many times in my lifetime. I know what it's like.

I know the feelings of shock and in ability to move and think when you hear the bang. I know the desperation when you scramble to call all your friends and loved ones to make sure they are okay, only to find that the lines are down because everyone else is scrambling to do the same. And I know the utter and sheer helplessness you feel when you sit in front of the TV watching the tragedy unfold. 

My heart goes out to, not only the families and friends of all the victims and wounded, but for everyone in Manchester. I feel for them, deeply. 

15 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

After 8 years of Obama administration it is no surprise that there so many terror attacks in the world.

"Busting terrorist charities here in the United States was a low priority for the last eight years under Barack Obama."

"The eight-year lapse was confirmed in an official report issued in December 2016 by the Financial Action Task Force, an international body dedicated to promoting policies to combat money laundering and terrorism finance."

"The U.S. has not designated a domestic U.S.-based charity since … 2009," the report said. Issued in coordination with the U.S. government, the report noted that the "decrease is consistent with the growing trend of fundraising under false pretenses and outside of any charitable organization."

"But it's hard to understand how our international partners will take us seriously if this glaring gap remains. Indeed, why should they feel compelled to crack down on their terrorist finance problems if we don't address our own? "

From http://www.weeklystandard.com/restarting-the-fight-against-terror-funding-charities/article/2007327

He failed in Syria which led to ISIS, closed CIA's black sites in the world and he did not go after terror finance. This is how we got where we are.

Because he was Muslim. 

Everything he did was to help the cause of Muslim. 

But oh well what's done is done. Now this a problem that will only get worse. 

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This is true but simply leaving those places now creates an opportunity for groups like Isis and those videos you mentioned will be on internet forever.

Also another root cause that is ignored and tolerated by Western leaders is the Saudi royal family which keep an entire nation in stone age and spreads radical Islam all over the world. For example http://www.balkanspost.com/article/116/saudi-arabia-funds-spread-of-wahhabism-in-kosovo

I am not saying Saudi Arabia should be bombed. The opposite. Progressive policies and leaders in ME should be supported. What is happening is just opposite of that. Erdogan's only ally in Europe is your prime minister right now and money has been pouring from London to their stock market since her visit in January.

It is sad how the military industry is playing both sides, using politicians like puppets and taking advantage of terror attacks like this. The money that could be spent on education, healthcare and infrastructure will spent for defense now. This has been the effect of such terror attacks and nothing is solved.

Saudia Arabia has been one of the great problems for this, but money talks. 

In this world of greed where money is there god, money will always buy you out. 

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah I think (well we're told so) the authorities are doing covert work on this - but maybe @Manpe has a point, theres just too many to keep an eye on. The other radicalisation factor is that you can watch Arab videos online of atrocities by Assad, Russia , the US, UK etc whereby there are uncensored mutilations and killings of Muslim children by US and UK bombings. Stuff that we don't watch, but can turn a disaffected young Muslims head. So a root cause is the Western adventures in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc which also needs to be addressed ...cue @Choulo19.....

A lot of people from all over the spectrum tend to view terrorism issues as having A solution. But reality is inevitably much more complex. 

There isn't one line of action that can make this stop nor is there anything that can halt terrorist acts in the short term. People don't want to hear this, but no matter what we do now, there will be more attacks like this in Europe and certainly in the middle east. Instead, the problem needs to be tackled systematically, long-term and on various fronts. Yes, covert work to try to stop individuals before they carry out these actions is important (though, historically incredibly unsuccessful) as are background checks...etc. but ultimately they are futile unless there is a genuine desire to address the root causes of terrorism which there isn't right now because otherwise you are only treating symptoms and not causes. 

And there can be a lot of valid discussion about what influences terrorism more, but in the case of the UK and it's western allies, the first and most obvious step to stopping terrorism is, as Chomsky says, to stop participating in it. And I hope no one misunderstands me. This has nothing to do with the British public, but rather the successive UK governments. The most logical thing to do is to stop committing terrorism in third-world countries. The second step would be to stop spreading terrorism either by sledge-hammer approach that creates vacuums and failed states to be filled by terrorist groups or by directly arming and funding those terrorist groups to use them for geopolitical gains. And third obvious step would be to stop strengthening the core ideology of terrorist groups by arming and protecting the tyrants of KSA and Qatar and the gulf states which are the beating heart of Sunni extremism around the world and the source of its ideology: Wahabism.

All this is not at all to say that terrorism can all be blamed on the west and that no one in the middle east has any responsibilities. But obviously, if we are to solve this global problem, we all need to tackle the causes that we are responsible for. Here in the middle east we need, first of all, to change our oppressive governments and regimes that breed extremism, we need to root out and stop the funding the radical clerks who spread those ideas, we need to stop using sectarianism to score cheap political points and we need religious leaders to more vehemently disavow those interpretations of Islam.

Once we all take those obvious starting steps then we can seriously discuss what else needs to be done and where the priorities lie. But at the moment, there is no genuine clear will to eradicate the causes of terrorism, neither here nor in the west. 

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental. 
 For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

This is true but simply leaving those places now creates an opportunity for groups like Isis and those videos you mentioned will be on internet forever.

Also another root cause that is ignored and tolerated by Western leaders is the Saudi royal family which keep an entire nation in stone age and spreads radical Islam all over the world. For example http://www.balkanspost.com/article/116/saudi-arabia-funds-spread-of-wahhabism-in-kosovo

I am not saying Saudi Arabia should be bombed. The opposite. Progressive policies and leaders in ME should be supported. What is happening is just opposite of that. Erdogan's only ally in Europe is your prime minister right now and money has been pouring from London to their stock market since her visit in January.

It is sad how the military industry is playing both sides, using politicians like puppets and taking advantage of terror attacks like this. The money that could be spent on education, healthcare and infrastructure will be spent for defense now. This has been the effect of such terror attacks and nothing is solved.

This is true, and lets not forget the House of Saud is despised by hundreds of millions of Muslims, as they are seen as not representing Islam, are Western stooges, corrupt and (conveniently forgotten by Trump and the UK administrations) as supplying 15 of the 19 9/11 attackers

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Saudia Arabia has been one of the great problems for this, but money talks. 

In this world of greed where money is there god, money will always buy you out. 

It's not only about money.

The only business that is literally cut throat and more powerful than finance industry is military. That's why not even the so called most courageous, controversial tv commentators do not ever mention  them. Wall street gives politicians carrot, military contractors are the stick.

38 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

This is true, and lets not forget the House of Saud is despised by hundreds of millions of Muslims, as they are seen as not representing Islam, are Western stooges, corrupt and (conveniently forgotten by Trump and the UK administrations) as supplying 15 of the 19 9/11 attackers

And very much hated by most Saudis for obvious reasons, let alone shia minorities in the country.

I'm sure you've not even heard about this, but for the past couple of weeks at the very least there has basically been in a war between the armed forces and the citizens of Qatif in Saudi Arabia. There have been hundreds of arrests and injuries, tens of injuries and quite a few causalities including children.

For all its oil money, KSA has one of the highest poverty rates in the Arab world. 

Make no mistake, one of the main reasons why the Saudi tyrant family has not been overthrown is the support and protection of American oil companies. 

11 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm sure you've not even heard about this, but for the past couple of weeks at the very least there has basically been in a war between the armed forces and the citizens of Qatif in Saudi Arabia. There have been hundreds of arrests and injuries, tens of injuries and quite a few causalities including children.

No didn't know this -do now :D

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/06/saudi-crush-protests-iran

12 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

For all its oil money, KSA has one of the highest poverty rates in the Arab world. 

Yeah think I read it has the widest disparity between rich and poor

13 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Make no mistake, one of the main reasons why the Saudi tyrant family has not been overthrown is the support and protection of American oil companies

that and the amount of weapons bought from Germany, US, UK, etc. I am old enough to remember one example when Thatcher sent her idiot son Mark (managed to get lost in the desert in the Dakar rally) as 'sales rep' for a multi million pound arms deal to KSA and his ''commission'' was 20 million, Dodgy as fuck.

28 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

And very much hated by most Saudis for obvious reasons, let alone shia minorities in the country.

Make no mistake, one of the main reasons why the Saudi tyrant family has not been overthrown is the support and protection of American oil companies. 

It's also one of the most disgusting abuses of human rights in the world.