Spike

4 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't talk bollocks mate this is off the scale barbarism no one in England and certainly Manchester will forget this. You go and colour in your Facebook and stop making idiotic comments. This was aimed at children who were on a night out it's just off the scale evil. 

Nobody is arguing that this is evil, but mass killing people is too common in the world and practically everyday news now. Btw, I don't have any pictures in facebook, I don't participate in such trivialities, so you can kindly keep your attempts at insulting me to yourself, I'm not swayed.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Nobody is arguing that this is evil, but mass killing people is too common in the world and practically everyday news now. Btw, I don't have any pictures in facebook, I don't participate in such trivialities, so you can kindly keep your attempts at insulting me to yourself, I'm not swayed.

Well kindly stop commenting on events and feelings you know fuck all about.

No noteworthy emotions you said what are you a fucking dalek ?. Kids have been killed mate and as Special Juan said I'm going to leave it there.

You said not to talk about feelings I know fuck all about, i think i know my own feelings better than anyone. I do feel disgust and anger (not noteworthy for me as i feel that often), but some 5-7 years ago it would have been worse when people weren't being killed left and right. I was merely trying to stress the unfortunate state of the world, not play down the event. I own the mistake of saying "we will forget" however, as that is not a fair generalisation and only used that as an hyperbole, for which i am sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I wonder what the nations are going to do. 

Because even though this is coming from people who radicalized to Islamic extremism, you can't ban a religion. 

Like Trump wanted to ban Muslim, but that will not solve anything. 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Right now I am a broken man, totally and utterly distraught.

I feel your pain mate I grow in an area bombing was regular thing thank God it doesn't happen in Northern Ireland anymore my heat goes out to the families who lost their  love ones

Humans are naturally tribalistic and to expect anyone to feel the same emotions  as an Englishmen, or a Lancasterian, or Manc, and finally those directly affected by the tragedy is naive. Just like a person weeps more for their family as opposed to a stranger, people feel tragedies of their countrymen more than anyone else. I doubt the English on here would feel the same emotions for an incident in Belarus and vice versa.

Just read the last few posts, only the English are truly distraught all the others while us foreigners empathise we cannot and shouldn't be expected to feel the same weight.

After 8 years of Obama administration it is no surprise that there so many terror attacks in the world.

"Busting terrorist charities here in the United States was a low priority for the last eight years under Barack Obama."

"The eight-year lapse was confirmed in an official report issued in December 2016 by the Financial Action Task Force, an international body dedicated to promoting policies to combat money laundering and terrorism finance."

"The U.S. has not designated a domestic U.S.-based charity since … 2009," the report said. Issued in coordination with the U.S. government, the report noted that the "decrease is consistent with the growing trend of fundraising under false pretenses and outside of any charitable organization."

"But it's hard to understand how our international partners will take us seriously if this glaring gap remains. Indeed, why should they feel compelled to crack down on their terrorist finance problems if we don't address our own? "

From http://www.weeklystandard.com/restarting-the-fight-against-terror-funding-charities/article/2007327

He failed in Syria which led to ISIS, closed CIA's black sites in the world and he did not go after terror finance. This is how we got where we are.

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Humans are naturally tribalistic and to expect anyone to feel the same emotions  as an Englishmen, or a Lancasterian, or Manc, and finally those directly affected by the tragedy is naive. Just like a person weeps more for their family as opposed to a stranger, people feel tragedies of their countrymen more than anyone else. I doubt the English on here would feel the same emotions for an incident in Belarus and vice versa.

Just read the last few posts, only the English are truly distraught all the others while us foreigners empathise we cannot and shouldn't be expected to feel the same weight.

You make some some good and valid points Spike but after something as atrocious all that Manpe geezer had to say was I'm sorry what happened and left it at that. To comment further so soon with comments like '' It's become so common it brings out no noteworthy emotions in me'' is Katie Hopkins like (Google her). It's insensitive to say the least and unnecessary if he put that on Twitter he would have got a lot worse than what I said. When Victoria Wood died she was massively loved in Britain I think it was Piers Morgan who said '' I'm sorry she died but I was never a fan'' a woman died just say your sorry you don't need to critique her career. Anyway Manpe has apologised so we'll leave it there and let's concentrate on football and clinching the double against those Arsenal pricks.

27 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

You make some some good and valid points Spike but after something as atrocious all that Manpe geezer had to say was I'm sorry what happened and left it at that. To comment further so soon with comments like '' It's become so common it brings out no noteworthy emotions in me'' is Katie Hopkins like (Google her). It's insensitive to say the least and unnecessary if he put that on Twitter he would have got a lot worse than what I said. When Victoria Wood died she was massively loved in Britain I think it was Piers Morgan who said '' I'm sorry she died but I was never a fan'' a woman died just say your sorry you don't need to critique her career. Anyway Manpe has apologised so we'll leave it there and let's concentrate on football and clinching the double against those Arsenal pricks.

Yeah, what I meant was that this news didn't "shock" me like it would have 5-7 years ago when it would have been an isolated case in Europe. I'm still disgusted thinking about those incidents, I want to meet those self-proclaimed jihadists myself and torture them beyond the limits of my imagination. All I tried to say was when something becomes common, people become used to it (in other words desensitized), and it is a sad representation of the state of our world when you expect things like this to happen every day. As it didn't happen here I'm not as emotionally invested in it as the Englishmen over here and I obviously should have expressed my point differently as shown by your reaction. Excuse my poor timing and choice of words mate. I am also very sorry for those affected directly or indirectly by this event.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Yeah, what I meant was that this news didn't "shock" me like it would have 5-7 years ago when it would have been an isolated case in Europe. I'm still disgusted thinking about those incidents, I want to meet those self-proclaimed jihadists myself and torture them beyond the limits of my imagination. All I tried to say was when something becomes common, people become used to it (in other words desensitized), and it is a sad representation of the state of our world when you expect things like this to happen every day. As it didn't happen here I'm not as emotionally invested in it as the Englishmen over here and I obviously should have expressed my point differently as shown by your reaction. Excuse my poor timing and choice of words mate. I am also very sorry for those affected directly or indirectly by this event.

Think you're right Manpe. People are getting desensitised to the attacks- I mean its 10 years since 7/7 London bombings and after every attack it's the same mantra ''they wont divide us'', candlelit vigils, ''hope not hate'' etc. Then a few months down the line another atrocity. Rinse, repeat.

To me, there needs to be a pro active stance in rooting out the wankers that tell these disaffected Muslim youth that they can atone for their weed smoking, alcohol and 'western ways' by blowing apart a load of Kuffirs and have eternal paradise. Fucking mental cult.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

To me, there needs to be a pro active stance in rooting out the wankers [...]

I think there already is. The problem is that there are too many of them, many of whom people don't realize to suspect. Like the Manchester bomber, people who knew him said he was the last person they expected to do something like this. This also applies to many serial killers - they don't bark before biting. The reality is that there are too many of such people, it's simply impossible for intelligence agencies to root out every single one of them, and it takes only one to cause major disaster. I'm sure many atrocities have been prevented too, but we only see and hear about those that took place. I fear there is no solution other than complete segregation and division of people without access to each other, which you cannot imagine in a "free world". Responsibility lies with the people who started poking the Middle East and African nations out of greed, causing grief and destruction, which in turn resulted in vengeful hatred fueled by religious cultism. And those western leaders who forced uncontrolled mass immigration onto their own soil and into their own peoples' homes. It is no coincidence that terror acts in Europe have skyrocketed during the immigration crisis, common people feared that it would happen from the start, but did the decision-makers listen? Fuck no, it was lucrative business for somebody somewhere. They share the blood on their hands with terrorists.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think you're right Manpe. People are getting desensitised to the attacks- I mean its 10 years since 7/7 London bombings and after every attack it's the same mantra ''they wont divide us'', candlelit vigils, ''hope not hate'' etc. Then a few months down the line another atrocity. Rinse, repeat.

To me, there needs to be a pro active stance in rooting out the wankers that tell these disaffected Muslim youth that they can atone for their weed smoking, alcohol and 'western ways' by blowing apart a load of Kuffirs and have eternal paradise. Fucking mental cult.

Perhaps more investigations and harsher regulations on Mosques is necessary? He may be a hated fellow for a lot of reasons especially for his EDL days (let's not debate about those) but Tommy Robinson does raise some interesting points about the mosques in Luton town. I remember him writing about a child abuse ring in some of the mosques being kept hidden as 'Luton's dirty little secret'. I don't know if it was true but given other religions (Hasidic Jews in Israel and New York, and Catholic priests) fondness for young children, I simply wouldn't even be surprised. Though it could be 'considered' an invasion of privacy and an abuse of religious freedom, wouldn't it be beneficial to at least make sure that certain mosques and communities aren't aiding people's treks into the middle-east and Africa to be trained into terrorist splinter cells? Wouldn't that be killing the trouble at the source? Most of the issues seem to be homegrown.