Spike

17 hours ago, the wes said:

Shocking behaviour 

Minutes silences at football matches don't happen in Saudi Arabia as some view it to go against their religious beliefs.

Now, it's not a secret that I'm not a fan of the prevailing religious beliefs in Saudi Arabia, but this is just personal freedom that has no impact on anyone else.

You can't assume that your cultural traditions and norms are observed everywhere.. 

6 hours ago, nachikethas said:

So the other parties will team up with up labour party to form government?

Scottish Labour let the Labour Party down massively. They allowed the Tories to take too many seats in Scotland - their leader Kez Dugale who's anti-Corbyn essentially co signed people to vote for the Tories to steal seats from the SNP and ran a wrong campaign completely, which has a massive effect because its less seats for the SNP that Labour would've gone into power with. Labour were essentially 5 seats away from a coalition government. A conservative minority, and probably another election will come up next. So May is still safe as PM as it stands. 

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

More like the tea party. I was just reading a bit of their views on LGBT and women's rights.. 

I guess that's more accurate tbh, since they are a party after all, and probably not as eccentric as Donald. Yeah, very conservative views, very anti-gay, anti-climate change, and also anti-abortion. Completely different values & views compared to most of the UK on some important subjects.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Minutes silences at football matches don't happen in Saudi Arabia as some view it to go against their religious beliefs.

Now, it's not a secret that I'm not a fan of the prevailing religious beliefs in Saudi Arabia, but this is just personal freedom that has no impact on anyone else.

You can't assume that your cultural traditions and norms are observed everywhere.. 

Did the Saudi Arabians fail to stand to attention or is it they just did not stand in line like the other team ?
I have seen many one minute silences where the players do not make a line but simply stand to attention at whatever spot they are in the field.
If the Saudis don't normally observe silences, it can only be the fault of the organizers though imo.

Just now, The Skipper said:

I guess that's more accurate tbh, since they are a party after all, and probably not as eccentric as Donald. Yeah, very conservative views, very anti-gay, anti-climate change, and also anti-abortion. Completely different values & views compared to most of the UK in some important subjects.

Oh god, the climate denial is the worst part. As if the Tories need any help in insisting that the humankind races towards the cliff. 

This is especially rich since the Tories basically ran their campaign by accusing Corbyn of associating with the wrong people (Hamas/Hezbollah..etc.)

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Did the Saudi Arabians fail to stand to attention or is it they just did not stand in line like the other team ?
I have seen many one minute silences where the players do not make a line but simply stand to attention at whatever spot they are in the field.
If the Saudis don't observe silences, it can only be the fault of the organizers though imo.

According to the Saudi FA, they had agreed for there to be a minutes silence but had informed the organizers that the players would not stand in a line for it.

Tbf, I saw a short clip of it and a few players were standing still in their positions while other continues stretching. 

Honestly, this is the last thing on my list of things to be enraged about concerning Saudi Arabia. 

6 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

But they observed a minutes silence for the dead Brazilian footballers

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

But they observed a minutes silence for the dead Brazilian footballers

Dunno, might have been a one off as it's still an ongoing religious debate in KSA.

But honestly, does it matter in any way? 

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, CHOULO19 said:

Dunno, might have been a one off as it's still an ongoing religious debate in KSA.

But honestly, does it matter in any way? 

Perhaps theyre just fucked off at the sheer number of minutes silence/applause. Almost every game has it now for someones dead budgie or the chairmans wifes Chihuahua got run over 

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Perhaps theyre just fucked off at the sheer number of minutes silence/applause. Almost every game has it now for someones dead budgie or the chairmans wifes Chihuahua got run over 

I remember when they had the minutes silence for Matthew Harding  the governor of my local turned the sound up. :o