The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I had the same sentiment as you.. All Group Winners to go through except us. (Though has it ever happened before where all 8 group winners advance? Pretty sure it has)

However, I'm sticking firm with my UCL Finals prediction of Bayern Munich vs Chelsea.. My reputation's on the line.. Lots of people calling me a homer/crazy..

Understandable, but the football gods have to provide some silver lining to this season. They've always done so for us.

The Final will comprise of either Bayern/Barcelona...figuring out the other team will be difficult. If it isn't us, best bet would be Man City..

Hope I'm not cringing when I read this a couple months from now..

I can't imagine Real, Barca, Atletico and City not going through, Think their opposition has a very slim chance of going through.

Gent could continue surprising. And Chelsea, Juve and Benfica all have very good chances of going through. But if I had to choose, I'd pick PSG, Bayern and Zenit.

It would be nice if you were right about making the final. I think we're out of miracles so an against the odds run like 2012 I don't see happening again. Something like that happens once every 100 years. So the performances would have to be far more convincing than back then.

I see a contender in Atletico. The return of Luis has done them a lot of good and Oblak is making a name for himself, looking like a worthy successor of Courtois. Wild cards up front with Carrasco, Correa and Vietto, all offering more finesse, directness and unpredictability than they had before. Their defence is mean, arguably the best in the competition, and their play going forward is getting back to 13/14 levels. I think they can win it this year, especially if they can get Jackson firing.

PSG again!, the CL is getting boring...

UEFA HAVE to do something about repeat draws. This is getting ridiculous, the same teams over and over, after 3 years of the same fixture there should be a system in place for those teams to avoid each other in the early stages.

Not a prediction game fan but I'm bored. Who's in?

Gent - Wolfsburg

Roma - Real

PSG - Chelsea (sorry, I hope I'm wrong. I'm almost expecting it even. But I think it's at least 60-40 for PSG).

Arsenal - Barca

Juve - Bayern (tough game though, Juve could surprise.)

PSV - Atletico

Benfica - Zenit (well balanced tie, hard call)

Kiev - City

Gent - Wolfsburg

Roma - Real

PSG - Chelsea (Have to believe!)

Arsenal - Barca

Juve - Bayern

PSV - Atletico

Benfica - Zenit (could be AVB's time to shine)

Kiev - City (city have a major history of bottling it)

Gent - Wolfsburg

Roma - Real

PSG - Chelsea (Have to believe!)

Arsenal - Barca

Juve - Bayern

PSV - Atletico

Benfica - Zenit (could be AVB's time to shine)

Kiev - City (city have a major history of bottling it)

I believe in a win, LDN. But PSG has a burning desire to win the CL. We know that feeling of being the new kid on the block and wanting it so much after many disappointments. With the quality they possess, that run into the semis or final is coming sooner than later. You'd think anyway.

But no one can ruin a high like Chelsea.

City losing would be hilarious but being knocked out by a side like Kiev is more up Arsenal's alley. I'd prefer you being right.

• 4 weeks later...

just imagine how great football would be if there was no UEFA Club Competitions and we would be able to enjoy football so much more and not be worrying about finishing in top 4 to get in UCL.

if there was no UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. all and any clubs would be able to buy any player, because the best players wouldn't worry about joining a Champions League Club that has Qualified for The UCL.

then that would mean less football and less player fatigue.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

HERE IS HOW I SEE THE WORLD BEST FOOTBALL CLUBS ELEVEN/11/XI - [EUROPEAN CLUBS BEST TEAMS] 

3-4-3

56c2c627bb3df_THEWORLDSBESTFOOTBALLCLUBS

Only English teams in defence, disaster... Put Atletico in defence. Also no chance us, liverpool or united deserve to be there.

1 hour ago, FabHazard said:

Roma's midfield is probably better than us..

We are the only team in the champions league not to build the play from the back..it is a shame that we are wasting our attacking potential 

Roma's midfield is NOT better than ours.

Absolute shocker, unbelievable! This can't get any worse! 
What is Zidane telling these players? Crime against football so far, can't believe that these 'superstars' play this way.
What the hell is wrong with them? Not up to delivering a 5 meter pass?!
Yesterday Chelsea as well as PSG played on a different level, hell that was a different sport!