The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Monaco-Anderlecht might be interesting to watch. Many of Europes top prospects are starting: Dendocker, Praet, Tielmanns, Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Pasalic, Traore, El Shaarawy.

Ha, Anderlecht won (in an almost empty stadium sadly).

This season we played 4 games against French teams and 1 game against their NT: Belgium 11 points, France 2.

Not too shabby. ^^

World class REFEREE .. Possibly one of the best reffing in a big match Ive ever seen ,, Liverpool V Bordeaux

Keeper penalised for holding the ball too long ,, Bordeaux score .. Massive call CORRECT

slight pull on attacker in area ,, Penalty given and SCORED BIG call CORRECT

Benteke has a small push on defender and SCores ... Ref spotted the push Goal disallowed ,, Massive call CORRECT

MOTM THE REF

We're the only group with teams to have 10 points or more and not be guaranteed to progress to the knockout stage.

It's similar to what happened just 2 seasons ago in the group containing Dortmund, Napoli, Arsenal and Marseille. The first 3 teams there ended up with 12 points each but Napoli got KOed due to their inferior H2H record.

NMkQG0v.png

Hi everyone, i don't know if anyone as seen this, but just hear me out on this one, please don't criticize me for it, some interesting facts: Mourinho won his first Champions League with Porto in 2004 and 6 years later he won it with Inter Milan in 2010, that makes a span of 6 years in which Mou reaches 2 finals and wins with different clubs. Now 6 years later the final in 2016 is at the San Siro, destiny maybe? i don't know, but now comes the interesting part: Chelsea reached their first final in 2008 and lost, then 4 years later they reach the final again in 2012 and win, now 4 years later in 2016? can you see the connection i'm trying to make here? with what happened to us in 2012, qualifying in the last group game, being knocked out early in the capital one cup to eventual winners, we could say it's written in the stars and all, i'm not saying it implies anything , it's just coincidences, and Stoke might not even win the COC and we don't know if we will even reach the final of the FA Cup and meet Stoke there, but nothing surprises me anymore in football, to be fair and us having a troubled season now just like back then i wouldn't bet against it, it's an assumption, but for that to even happen we have to win the last game against Porto first. What do you all think? Cheers

Hi everyone, i don't know if anyone as seen this, but just hear me out on this one, please don't criticize me for it, some interesting facts: Mourinho won his first Champions League with Porto in 2004 and 6 years later he won it with Inter Milan in 2010, that makes a span of 6 years in which Mou reaches 2 finals and wins with different clubs. Now 6 years later the final in 2016 is at the San Siro, destiny maybe? i don't know, but now comes the interesting part: Chelsea reached their first final in 2008 and lost, then 4 years later they reach the final again in 2012 and win, now 4 years later in 2016? can you see the connection i'm trying to make here? with what happened to us in 2012, qualifying in the last group game, being knocked out early in the capital one cup to eventual winners, we could say it's written in the stars and all, i'm not saying it implies anything , it's just coincidences, and Stoke might not even win the COC and we don't know if we will even reach the final of the FA Cup and meet Stoke there, but nothing surprises me anymore in football, to be fair and us having a troubled season now just like back then i wouldn't bet against it, it's an assumption, but for that to even happen we have to win the last game against Porto first. What do you all think? Cheers

I'd love to think like that but I can't, I am still a little worried about qualifying for the last 16!

Let's qualify first, after that we can start dreaming :D

I'd love to think like that but I can't, I am still a little worried about qualifying for the last 16!

Let's qualify first, after that we can start dreaming :D

True, it all comes down to the last group game, then we will see where we stand in terms of the rest of the season. Cheers

Schurrle starts!

Wolfsburg XI vs Manchester United: Benaglio, Träsch, Rodriguez, Dante, Naldo, Guilavogui, Arnold, Draxler, Vieirinha, Schürrle, Kruse.

Manchester United XI vs Wolfsburg: De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Martial.

Schurrle starts!

Wolfsburg XI vs Manchester United: Benaglio, Träsch, Rodriguez, Dante, Naldo, Guilavogui, Arnold, Draxler, Vieirinha, Schürrle, Kruse.

Manchester United XI vs Wolfsburg: De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Martial.

Varela and Lingard. Two young players.