test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,953 posts in this topic

Jose making sure that RLC does not take anything for granted. Gave him some pretty tough love after the match today.

What happened?

Jose said Loftus-Cheek's attitude was "unacceptable" and said his relationship had "taken a step back", before adding: “He said it was a pain in his back but to me it looked like he only had that pain when Sydney had the ball."

According to the Mail Online and their news banner it says "Jose Mourinho says his relationship with RLC has take 'A Step Back' after unacceptable work rate

Fuck me José can be quite ruthless sometimes, but yeah he's right. Still, it must be a horrible feeling for RLC to go on a holiday like that. There is still pre-season but most 1st-team members will already be back then (Except Willian, Luis, Cuadrado who don't even play in his position). Not to mention José saying there will be 2-3 new additions to the squad. His chances will surely be limited.

Reddish-Blue likes this

Fuck me José can be quite ruthless sometimes, but yeah he's right. Still, it must be a horrible feeling for RLC to go on a holiday like that. There is still pre-season but most 1st-team members will already be back then (Except Willian, Luis, Cuadrado who don't even play in his position). Not to mention José saying there will be 2-3 new additions to the squad. His chances will surely be limited.

That is Indeed a way to break a young guy like that.

Jose making sure that RLC does not take anything for granted. Gave him some pretty tough love after the match today.

This is perfect, hopefully RLC rises to the challenge and earns a spot in the first team (in the next 2-3 years)

I think mourinho is doing this to him according to some plan...He praised him a lot before this game..He named in the starting lineup then removed him...and made him to play as sub...again removed him...All this is to see how he reacts under pressure...i think he wants to check his mentality

BlueLion. likes this

Mourinho on RLC...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-slams-ruben-loftus-cheek-5808861

Mourinho sure knows how to end a season on a somewhat sour note. Was it really necessary to criticise him in the public given the circumstances surrounding the game?

On one hand, you could argue he's giving him the tough love treatment in hope that he responds in the right way. On the other hand, you may argue that Mourinho is already finding excuses not to use young players next season.

To say, about a youngster, that the relationship between manager and player has "taken a step back" sounds incredibly demotivating imo. We can only hope he's had a word in private to RLC assuring him these things happen and he still has trust in him. To doubt his injury in public too, not good to see.

Well that's that for our youth.

Same problem with KDB.

If by the end of the new season there's been no significance improvement with our youth then we will never go anywhere with Mourinho on youth development.

And by then the club will seriously have to ponder what they want.

To say, about a youngster, that the relationship between manager and player has "taken a step back" sounds incredibly demotivating imo. We can only hope he's had a word in private to RLC assuring him these things happen and he still has trust in him. To doubt his injury in public too, not good to see.

I just don't see it as demotivating.

It sounds like tough love from Mourinho, if RLC wants to make the first team, he's gotta accept the challenge

If that's the case, then why did he need to criticise him in the public, after a post-season friendly?

Anyway, this was what he said in full...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/06/final-whistle-verdict--full-of-respect.html

Ruben Loftus-Cheek was involved tonight, and the manager had some advice for the midfielder

‘Ruben said he had a pain in his back but what I was feeling was that he only had the pain when Sydney had the ball. When Chelsea had the ball he was playing very well, but when Sydney had the ball I think he was more impressed by watching Matic and Mikel work, instead of him working.

‘So, with Ruben, it’s one step back in terms of my relationship with him. If he doesn’t know what it is to play for me and Chelsea it’s one step back.

‘He has to learn that at 19 you have to run three times more than the others, you have to play to your limits and not play like a superstar with the ball at your feet because this is not Under-18s.

‘The Under-18 competition is too easy for him. He’s too good to play in the Under-18s but I don’t accept that when he’s playing in midfield with Mikel and Matic when we don’t have the ball he doesn’t press, doesn’t have intensity and he’s waiting for everybody else to recover the ball. I don’t accept that in the superstars so how can I accept that in a kid? He has to learn what it takes to play for us.’

Bir_CFC likes this