Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

very very very ordinary.

defensively looks clueless. but i would trust jose's assessment over the course of the season than me on 45minutes. lets hope today is just nerves or something.

...or you could just watch some youth games and decide for yourself as well...

...or you could just watch some youth games and decide for yourself as well...

how many youth players go on to become great players.

i will judge him on his performance today which was average at best..

like i said, i will still give him lots of time and performance. but atleast i can call a bloody spade a spade instead of sugar coating any and everything that a youth player does.

He was afraid to take risk in passing, once tried long ball and missed completely. There were few times that wingers were doing run with hands up waiting for ball but he chose safe options instead.

Anyway that was really hard two games for him - one against top 5 england team and one playing with one man down. Hope he will be given constant chances and finally get some confidence.

I doubt he can be a big player here.

According to some people, he's a box to box midfielder, fair enough. But we don't play 433, we use 2 deep lying mids and an attacking midfielder.

He's not going to play attacking midfield, so he always has to be disciplined in front of the defence.

And in that role, he has not shown any stand out qualifies like vision, shooting, tackling that could make him valuable imo.

Him and Matic just looks like an overly defensive pivot, the same way it does when we play Ramires or Mikel there.

He committed mistakes normal in a young, but I see conditions on him. With more games he will be more bold, leaving the afraid to take a risk and will be accurate with the ball. I Hope to see him the next match from the start again.

I doubt he can be a big player here.

According to some people, he's a box to box midfielder, fair enough. But we don't play 433, we use 2 deep lying mids and an attacking midfielder.

He's not going to play attacking midfield, so he always has to be disciplined in front of the defence.

And in that role, he has not shown any stand out qualifies like vision, shooting, tackling that could make him valuable imo.

Him and Matic just looks like an overly defensive pivot, the same way it does when we play Ramires or Mikel there.

Maybe watch more than 2 games before ruling out his future prospects? I mean Jose Mourinho seems to think he'd be useful

how many youth players go on to become great players.

i will judge him on his performance today which was average at best..

like i said, i will still give him lots of time and performance. but atleast i can call a bloody spade a spade instead of sugar coating any and everything that a youth player does.

I thought all GREAT players were young once ?????

Maybe watch more than 2 games before ruling out his future prospects? I mean Jose Mourinho seems to think he'd be useful

Buuuut I'm not exactly asking for much here. You shouldn't need 2 matches, which were starts and not sub appearances, to show your main quality.

Oh well.

Step by step. Better and better.

I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek has had a great performance today. As a conservative midfielder, focusing on me to distribute the ball to pass without great risk but transmitting a lot of security, maturity and great tactical sense. Safe and unafraid to take the ball from behind.

Gradually he has been losing the timidity of the beginner and has been a good partner Matic in midfield.

I believe that with just two Premier League games he has proved he can be an important player for us next season and the next decade.

For a young boy it is important not to make mistakes in their first matches and so he still does not take big risks. But his performance in midfield has been encouraging. This guy is gold.

Step by step. Better and better.

Regards.