Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think we'll certainly buy a new striker. If the same situation we're in now with Costa & Remy both injured I can't see any way José would trust a 21 year old kid with no experience against top opposition lead our line.

He has played against top oppositions this season. Arsenal for example. He did well against those as well so I can't understand what you mean.

I read somewhere that Bamford and José said that to be "emotionally ready" for the PL (I know that's José logic but he is in charge so it does matter) you must be at least 21/22 years old. Bamford is reaching that age, lets just see if he is also talented enough.

He may be smart, but at this point his career is at the club's hands as we have a contract.

He counts as HG, he's promising, he's young. I think chances are he'll get a contract extension and a loan. I don't see us selling at all. I know Juan has inside info from the man himself, but not even Patrick is completely in control right now and honestly, there has been a lot of reports about how José likes the kid. Karanka is one of Mourinho's trusted people, he sent him there for many reasons. I think Mourinho may see a future for him or the very least hasn't formed an opinion yet.

Even if Mourinho and the player want to go, the board will want to milk as much from it as possible. Very good striker, homegrown, the pricetag will sky rocket even if he isn't cut to do it here. I don't see us selling him this summer at all.

Wow. Massive congrats to the lad! I must admit I'm a bit surprised but definitely in a good way.

In my opinion, this only enhances the fact that he has total control over his future because the options are there and plentiful. He can choose to stay and fight for a chance here or he could go on loan to a prem club or he can choose to move away permanently to a mid table team.

I think all three options are valid ones and have great positives for both him and Chelsea, so I'm not complaining whichever one he chooses.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/championship_star_reveals_chelsea_dream_and_jose_mourinho_loan_talks_1_4040871

Patrick Bamford says he dreams of breaking into the Chelsea first team next season despite fierce competition.

The English striker has been in excellent form while on loan at Middlesbrough this season, with 19 goals in all competitions for the promotion contenders.

His performances have earned him the Championship Player of the Year award, and he may have won a spot in Jose Mourinho’s first-team plans for next season.

Chelsea is as difficult a club as any for a young player to make his mark at, particularly in the attacking areas.

But despite the likes of Diego Costa and Loic Remy being ahead of him in the Stamford Bridge pecking order, Bamford is confident he can play for the Blues in the near future.

“I don’t have any reason not be at Chelsea,” he told talkSPORT. “It is my dream to put on that blue shirt and play for them eventually.”

“It will be a tough task to break into the first team. Most strikers playing in the Premier League regularly are aged around 23 or 24.

“At a club like Chelsea they have the money to buy world class strikers like Diego Costa and there’s also that pressure to win trophies, I just have to stick with it, be patient and hopefully my rewards will come.”

Bamford was in high demand at the start of the season when Chelsea made him available for loan. He has revealed what led him and the club to choose Middlesbrough as his preferred destination.

“At the start of the season I had a discussion with Chelsea and they decided that out of the clubs interested Middlesbrough would be the best fit,” he said. “Not only for me as a player but to get me ready for Chelsea next year or the year later. Whenever it will be, I think it has been a great fit.

“Jose Mourinho said the training sessions and the mentality [Aitor Karanka] installs into his players makes it as similar as you’re going to get to being coached by Mourinho.

Exactly my previous point... he was sent there for a reason, Mourinho had him trained under one of his disciples. In my book this means Mourinho either has plans for him or saw him above others in case he was unsure. I'm positive we won't sell now and as his contract ends next season, I think we'll offer a new one and loan him one more year

Exactly my previous point... he was sent there for a reason, Mourinho had him trained under one of his disciples. In my book this means Mourinho either has plans for him or saw him above others in case he was unsure. I'm positive we won't sell now and as his contract ends next season, I think we'll offer a new one and loan him one more year

Would love to see Mourinho back the youngster (like Zouma) and give him a chance with the first team next season

I'm worried that Bamford will go on loan next season...we'll end up buying an average striker/winger for a large fee and then his path into the first team will become even harder :cry: