Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

Would love to see Mourinho back the youngster (like Zouma) and give him a chance with the first team next season

I'm worried that Bamford will go on loan next season...we'll end up buying an average striker/winger for a large fee and then his path into the first team will become even harder :cry:

I'd rather him to be our 3rd option as well, but he said in the video bove that he'd rather play first team football than be on the bench. Now this is something I think it's totally up to him to decide,although José can be really persuasive when he wants... so who knows?

Remy and Costa had their fair share of injuries this season, Drogba played a lot of football and I think that'd be nice for Bamfordinho, but at the same time, what if next season both Diego and Loic stay healthy (which I also hope)? It's a tough call, I'd stay at Boro if they're promoted if I were on his shoes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We clearly cannot have Costa, Remy and Bamford as our 1st strikers next season. Only 1 of them would play so there's no chance how Bamford would win this battle. I just hope that Middlesbrough can get promoted so he can spend there 1 more season playing in the EPL.

We clearly cannot have Costa, Remy and Bamford as our 1st strikers next season. Only 1 of them would play so there's no chance how Bamford would win this battle. I just hope that Middlesbrough can get promoted so he can spend there 1 more season playing in the EPL.

If Remy and Costa are only going to be fit for only 60% of the season, Bamford would get more play time then he might expect.

If Remy and Costa are only going to be fit for only 60% of the season, Bamford would get more play time then he might expect.

If Jose uses him the way he did Drogba that would be more than enough. At some point we have to sacrifice the playing time and start integrating him into our squad

Maybe Berahino, but he is not really an out and out striker but plays more off another striker.

If the other three are England NT regulars, England is screwed! :P

TBH, England has been screwed for a long time. When you have the likes of Carrol, Crouch as your main strikers :dunno: . The last deadly stiker was Owen IMO. The only Striker England can count on is Rooney, albeit he doesnt even play the CF.

BOT..... :yay:

TBH, England has been screwed for a long time. When you have the likes of Carrol, Crouch as your main strikers :dunno: . The last deadly stiker was Owen IMO. The only Striker England can count on is Rooney, albeit he doesnt even play the CF.

BOT..... :yay:

Sturridge and Kane are more than fine.

Sturridge and Kane are more than fine.

The english snobbery on here is quite bizzare. Countries like brazil, italy,belgium et al will kill to have strikers of that quality on their roster because I sure as hell ain't taking lukaku,benteke,origi,fred,balotell and other talent those countries have to offer in attack over those two and rooney. It's fashionable to paint all english talent and players with the same "overrated" brush but that phenomenon stopped being funny a long time ago.

Sturridge! I knew I was forgetting someone.

And at least wait another season before you put Kane ahead of the likes of Benteke, Lukaku (who I don't particularly rate that highly), Rossi...etc. Imagine how silly it looks in retrospective to have said similarly about the likes of Kevin Phillips, Andy Johnson or James Beattie...etc.

LOL Remember Benni McCarthy's wonder season?

On playing for Chelsea...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wally-meets-patrick-bamford-championship-5579502

“I have to be patient,” he said. “But if I want to be the main striker at Chelsea, I need the chance to push people like Drogba and Remy, and to see what I can learn off them.

“There’s a massive difference between being on the bench at Chelsea and playing every week in a league fighting for people’s livelihoods and helping pay mortgages. I’d advise most youngsters to play every week if they can.”

“I know there are a lot of cameras around wherever Chelsea go – don’t worry, I don’t do anything you wouldn’t want the cameras to see.

“It’s more about standing your ground and coping with the physical demands of playing at a higher level.

“The tempo in the under-21 development league is a lot slower, it is very technical and there’s none of that ‘nastiness’ you need. That’s something you have to learn from playing every week in a competitive league.”

“I don’t really speak to Jose during the season, but that’s probably for the best because it means I can focus on what I’m doing at Middlesbrough,” said Bamford.

“But Aitor always tells me when he’s been speaking to Jose. He doesn’t tell me what was said, he just smiles and says, ‘I’ve been talking to your boss today...’

“Fingers crossed, I might be the man who saves Jose from spending £30 million on a new striker, but hopefully I will be playing in the Premier League next season one way or another.

Have to say, i love the media attention he's getting. Because if he slowly becomes a media darling then it'll be that much harder for us to sell him because of the attention he's already getting. There are lots of commercial & prideful benefits to having young talented Englishmen, just like Kane & Sterling, and hopefully Bamford becomes that. (i'm not expecting 30 goals a season like Kane, but very good showings and growth as a player.)

He may not play for us next year, but at least the media praise will make us give him a legitimate chance at the club,provided he continues to kill it on his next loan.

Love that "saving Jose Mourinho from another 30 million striker" line.

But I must say it's sad i have to think like this in order for me to believe any youth player will be given a shot. -_-