Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patrick Bamford to join Premier League club on loan if he's guaranteed game-time

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-patrick-bamford-to-join-premier-league-club-on-loan-if-hes-guaranteed-gametime-10209842.html

i think that would be a smart idea because hes to good to be playing in that championship now

Just thinking after hearing Costa might not play again this season, we need a striker who is reliable and who is always fit and I do not think it is Remy (who I really like). It seems like whenever Costa is injured, he is injured also and we have to rely on a very aged Drogba.

I think if we get an offer for Remy it should be seriously considered and put Bamford as our number 2. Hell, I would give Didier an extra year if it meant Bamford would be ahead of him. The boy was born to put the ball in the net and he's fit as a fiddle. Not to mention his fantastic attitude and the fact he can even play wide if push comes to shove. If he can't break into this Chelsea team, let's face it, neither will Solanke, Brown or any other future Chelsea prospects for that matter.

It's about time we showed a little faith, especially to those who have proven themselves time and time again, at whatever level they've been put at.

Just thinking after hearing Costa might not play again this season, we need a striker who is reliable and who is always fit and I do not think it is Remy (who I really like). It seems like whenever Costa is injured, he is injured also and we have to rely on a very aged Drogba.

I think if we get an offer for Remy it should be seriously considered and put Bamford as our number 2. Hell, I would give Didier an extra year if it meant Bamford would be ahead of him. The boy was born to put the ball in the net and he's fit as a fiddle. Not to mention his fantastic attitude and the fact he can even play wide if push comes to shove. If he can't break into this Chelsea team, let's face it, neither will Solanke, Brown or any other future Chelsea prospects for that matter.

It's about time we showed a little faith, especially to those who have proven themselves time and time again, at whatever level they've been put at.

I agree. I said the same in the Summer Window thread. Take the risk. It could backfire, yes, but it could also turn out wonderfully. He's young, there is no telling how he'll adapt to playing at this level. A bit of trust can go a long way.

If he turned out to be completely inadequate, the Jan transfer window offers the opportunity to buy a replacement.

Diego's condition does play a role though, and this kind of information is unknown to us. If his condition means there's always a good possibility of a lengthy time out on the sidelines, and Mourinho simply doesn't rate Bamford, then I don't think he has a chance.

Diego's condition does play a role though, and this kind of information is unknown to us. If his condition means there's always a good possibility of a lengthy time out on the sidelines, and Mourinho simply doesn't rate Bamford, then I don't think he has a chance.

Sadly, I think you're right...which is quite depressing!

Oh yeah? Anything more on his CFC future next season? :)

Nah didn't say anything mate. I think he was more 'rested' than injured though, as Boro were already confirmed in the play offs and the Brighton game was a dead rubber.

'But I know what the plan is for me. Chelsea think most players won’t be mature enough to play in the first team until they are 22 or 23. So if I keep biding my time until then and keep improving, hopefully I will get my chance.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771516/Chelsea-striker-Patrick-Bamford-turned-Harvard-chase-Premier-League-dream.html

Was said at the start of the season. Hopefully it still hold true and we're waiting for him at least, just like Courtois!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771516/Chelsea-striker-Patrick-Bamford-turned-Harvard-chase-Premier-League-dream.html

Was said at the start of the season. Hopefully it still hold true and we're waiting for him at least, just like Courtois!

He should seriously consider staying a year. I think it's safe to say Costa can't handle a 50 game season. So if Diego plays 30-35 games, there should be 10-15 starts (possibly more) up for grabs. Let's say Remy stays. If he thinks he has any chance of playing for Chelsea, he will have to prove he's better than Remy and claim that 2nd choice spot. It could be quite the experience for him.

He's been out on loan ever since he signed, building up a good rep. Not playing every game for a year won't hurt him (unless Mou doesn't want him). He could decide to leave after one season if it doesn't work out. But he could also be the type that can not stand the bench, and that's fair. But I hope he stays.

Karanka has claimed he will be back with Boro only if they get promoted.

He's also touch and go for tonight's game. Kike is alright but not good enough in a game like this tonight. Kalas has also traveled to cheer the team on. Woodgate is also a fitness concern so we may see Omeruo in some way tonight, whether it be bench or start. Boro depending on injuries will line up something like this.....

Dimi

Fredricks Ayala Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Vossen Tomlin

Bamford