Paul Pogba

Madmax

If Pogba to Chelsea was ever going to happen it is now. There's a few reasons why I think that:

1. Pogba has won everything possible with Juventus and I doubt they'll be in a CL final again anytime soon. It makes sense for him to move on. What's another year in Serie A? Another few Italian trophies he has already won in a league that isn't the best to say the least? Not so sure it is great motivation.
  2. Barca are not in the running because of the transfer ban. Also there's the possibility of the rumoured backroom presidential politics getting in the way of a deal.
  3. Madrid aren't in the running either because of the amount of top quality midfielders they already have. It may also be a quiet window from them considering the vast amount they have spent in the past few windows.
  4. Bayern have already bought Vidal and they don't seem to be interested anyway.
  5. City are putting all their eggs in the Sterling and De Bruyne basket, so they're definitely out. I don't think they could coax him anyway.
  6. United? :clown:
  7. We're current PL champions, pedigree.
  8. We have Mourinho and Hazard, attractive.

Our timing is almost perfect. It could be said that we probably could have done it sooner, but perhaps we were waiting for others like City and Bayern to make moves first so we could have a clear path.

However, next summer I think it could be a real bidding war for his signature between a lot of heavyweight clubs and I don't think we would win. It's now or never for Pogba to Chelsea I feel...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we buy him for the reported fee and he flops, what he'd go for in a year or two

But surely thats the gamble clubs take with any player.

Theres no insurances that if Citeh went out and bought Messi he would keep his form and play great. He might not gel with their players, might not like the format they use, might think their manager is a twat, mighthave family problems that mess his mind up.

Its all a gamble. All we can hope for is buying a player thats in good form who is young,fit etc with a big future ahead of him will work out in our favor.

If Pogba to Chelsea was ever going to happen it is now. There's a few reasons why I think that:

1. Pogba has won everything possible with Juventus and I doubt they'll be in a CL final again anytime soon. It makes sense for him to move on. What's another year in Serie A? Another few Italian trophies he has already won in a league that isn't the best to say the least? Not so sure it is great motivation.
  2. Barca are not in the running because of the transfer ban. Also there's the possibility of the rumoured backroom presidential politics getting in the way of a deal.
  3. Madrid aren't in the running either purely because of the amount of top quality midfielders they already have. It may also be a quiet window from them considering the vast amount they have spent in the past two years.
  4. Bayern have already bought Vidal and they don't seem to be interested anyway.
  5. City are putting all their eggs in the Sterling and De Bruyne basket, so they're definitely out. I don't think they could coax him anyway.
  6. We're current PL champions, pedigree.
  7. We have Mourinho and Hazard, attractive.

Our timing is almost perfect (probably could have done it sooner, but perhaps we were waiting for others like City and Bayern to make moves first so we could have a clear path). However, next summer I think it could be a real bidding war for his signature between a lot of heavyweight clubs and I don't think we would win. It's now or never for Pogba I feel...

:tophat:

Had you been the negotiator, Pogba would have already put in his transfer request ... These pointers would surely have him running to Chelsea and no place else :)

3. Madrid aren't in the running either because of the amount of top quality midfielders they already have. It may also be a quiet window from them considering the vast amount they have spent in the past few windows.
  6. United? :clown:
  7. We're current PL champions, pedigree.
  8. We have Mourinho and Hazard, attractive.

Our timing is almost perfect. It could be said that we probably could have done it sooner, but perhaps we were waiting for others like City and Bayern to make moves first so we could have a clear path.

However, next summer I think it could be a real bidding war for his signature between a lot of heavyweight clubs and I don't think we would win. It's now or never for Pogba to Chelsea I feel...

You forgot PSG...

If he join us he is going to be our key player with Hazard(Barcelona - Messi, Neymar, Suarez/ Real Madrid = Ronaldo) we have strong team but we lack world class player(s). And I don't think that he isn't type of player that would go to PSG, lack of quality teams there, Seria A is better than Ligue 1, so timing is really perfect. Everything is possible, it's going to be a fuckin meltdown here if we get him, and imagine other teams reaction, priceless. Also someone posted here, he isn't just going to improve our team but he will also add "something else". This move can also show other players that we are capable of signing football finest players, every Chelsea fan doesn't want Hazard to leave in near future, this could also help him to see that we want to be the best team in the Europe, add to that Mourinho and Premier League = another dimension, so I'm praying this to happen for so much reasons, we need to step up again, to target the best players in the world, because...we can.

Interesting we haven't been linked with a backup option. Either means the club want Pogba because he's a star not because they think we necessariliy have a CM issue or they are confident of getting a deal done.

Or they only want someone who would get into our regular XI. Like Pogba or Koke. Not an improved Ramires/Mikel like Witsel or Schneiderlin.

Another option is that we did looked to replace Mikel but non of our targets wanted to come for a limited squad role.

So apparently juventus have notified Barcelona if our bid.

Is that good? On one hand that is far from Di Marzio's intial 'he is not for sale' and actual indicates the desire for a bidding war. Ergo, he is available.

But do chelsea get into bidding wars with barca and who will pogba likely choose. On second thoughts, don't answer that last one.

I knew he was good but this is fucking insane, almost 80% of all his goals are outside the box and his volley technique must be the BEST IN THE WORLD atm, maybe only Messi to rival. He is someone who is capable of a magic moment instead of just a good usual goal poacher midfielder. No doubt if he comes he will play the most advanced role ahead of Oscar or Willian with Pedro occupying the right side and Hazard on the left. Even in a 433 Fabregas and Matic will stay behind him.

#Juventus have expressed an interested in a number of #CFCcfc.png's players, including Oscar, Ramires, Juan Cuadrado & Willian. (Evening Standard)

Chelsea have been keen to sign Pogba for over a year and are thinking of making a last ditch bid. #CFCcfc.png (Evening Standard)

They can have Ramires, Cuadrado + 20mil and we get Pogba :D

You guys getting all worked up over some unreliable sources.

Still yet to see anything on skysports that we even tried to sign him.

I don't see Juve selling this late in the window

But it is good to see Chelsea being linked to a quality CM

It's alright we'll sign him.

His agent Raiola has managed to raise his price to the point that media are reporting numbers like 60m, 70m... 120m! That's a skill and something superagent Jorge Mendes won't like to see because he's the special one! He'll kill Raiola, take Pogba as his client and deliver him to us on a silver platter. Then he'll piss on Raiola's grave and shout he was the chosen one and still is!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You