Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Good point..it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the new City signings to settle in.

There's no doubt City have quality throughout the squad and by letting go of 2 volatile players in Balotelli & Tevez...their dressing room should be more settled heading into the new season.

A lot of people would argue that was their problem last season. They played too much as individuals again; adding more new faces from different leagues won't end well in my opinion, but let's see.

Silva found out? Silva is a class player who just didn't have a season like his year previous. He didn't get 'found out'!

Again it was a common opinion I heard a lot last season. I'm not so quick to judge however. I was merely suggesting it. I agree he's a class player, but I'm still wondering if he will EVER find that great form again. Jesus Navas' signing suggests somebody isn't happy with the wide players. He wouldn't occupy Silva's position but he is a whole different tactic for getting balls into the strikers. Maybe somebody feels Silva's approach has been somewhat nullified?

Their problem will be team chemistry. Negredo and Jovetic are impressive players, but will surely take some time to settle in. I'm not so sure how good Fernandinho is, but again it's quite rare a player will join a new club in a new league and do anything really amazing.

Very good. Quick, dynamic and a good passer.

Their problem will be team chemistry. Negredo and Jovetic are impressive players, but will surely take some time to settle in. I'm not so sure how good Fernandinho is, but again it's quite rare a player will join a new club in a new league and do anything really amazing. If Silva has been found out as it looked last year, they could be in trouble with all this happening too.

Mourinho is just trying to heap even more pressure on them.

it seems like only you, @Reddish-Blue and me are the only ones to think they could possibly struggle because of chemistry. I've said it in numerous threads now. A zone of their team is completely new and the manager is also new. I'm not questioning their squad or saying they won't be on fire in 2014.

I think they may struggle for a while especially against teams playing too deep. A few points lost this year and it gives other teams the edge. Of course they could shrug if off, I just don't think football is such an exact science and you just change half the team (mostly in the same zone), have a new manager and plim, everything works out and you're the done.

it seems like only you, @Reddish-Blue and me are the only ones to think they could possibly struggle because of chemistry. I've said it in numerous threads now. A zone of their team is completely new and the manager is also new. I'm not questioning their squad or saying they won't be on fire in 2014.

I think they may struggle for a while especially against teams playing too deep. A few points lost this year and it gives other teams the edge. Of course they could shrug if off, I just don't think football is such an exact science and you just change half the team (mostly in the same zone), have a new manager and plim, everything works out and you're the done.

I honestly can't see them playing as a cohesive unit. They didn't achieve it last year and they've added new players. How can they? It's surely not possible. They are going to heavily rely on individual brilliance again. As you say the manager is even new too... It all points to what we are thinking.

Football can be strange though...

Silva found out? Silva is a class player who just didn't have a season like his year previous. He didn't get 'found out'!

You seem to be forgetting that as soon as '12 started, his form dipped dramatically. After playing phenomenally the first half of 11-12, he's now been "out of form" for a year and a half.

I don't know why but I have this feeling that Real Madrid are going to get Hazard and Reus in the next 2 years.

Damn, I rated Reus very high. He is beast. Imagine Hazard, Mata, de Bruyne and Reus on the same team, we doesn't need striker. :halo:

90 odd million for Gareth Bale? Jesus Christ, Spurs would be seriously deluded if they do not sell him for that. Whilst he is their star asset that amount of cash is bordering on nonsensical IMO.

The world really has gone mad if Bale goes for that insane price. Worth not even half of what's being touted.

Another common rumor I'm seeing is Di Maria, Coentrao, AND £50m+

They'd be stupid to turn that down too. They'd be adding two great players and have enough cash to go out and buy 2-3 more class players. They may pull something similar to Arsenal last season where they become a better overall team once they aren't relying solely on one player.

The world really has gone mad if Bale goes for that insane price. Worth not even half of what's being touted.

Another common rumor I'm seeing is Di Maria, Coentrao, AND £50m+

They'd be stupid to turn that down too. They'd be adding two great players and have enough cash to go out and buy 2-3 more class players. They may pull something similar to Arsenal last season where they become a better overall team once they aren't relying solely on one player.

Not just this deal but football has really eaten itself, nom.

Levy is a crank, he will probably tell them it's not enough.

Not just this deal but football has really eaten itself, nom.

Levy is a crank, he will probably tell them it's not enough.

I hope they sell him to Real, everyone realizes how massively overrated he is, Spuds struggle to attract top players with the money because the can't offer CL and pay meager wages, and they then finish 8th like they would have this past season without Bale. :)

Hope they don't sell him to Real tbh. Imagine the players spurs could buy with 100,000,000?? At the moment they are a one man team. With 100Mill, they could be very dangerous. Let's just hope for a dip in form or injury and the yids can fuck off back to the bottom of the table..

Hope they don't sell him to Real tbh. Imagine the players spurs could buy with 100,000,000?? At the moment they are a one man team. With 100Mill, they could be very dangerous. Let's just hope for a dip in form or injury and the yids can fuck off back to the bottom of the table..

hmm, now you mention about it. Now they are obviously "Gareth Bale FC", if Bale leave then it would be a big loss for them, but at the same time they will have a lot of money. Some kind of dilemma. I prefer they stick with Bale then.