Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

9 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Missing out on Alisson, Golovin and Higuain seems like will cost us top 4 finish this season.

If we got Higuain, the fraud Torres... Morata would have been on the bench.

If we got Golovin, with his high energy and pressing, the snail Fabregas would have been on the bench.

If we get top four under sarri with attacking football, Sarri is a Legend.

Perhaps our inactivity in the market is due to us wanting to see what we are working with?  As in, which players are suited an which aren't, and waiting to see what we have before getting in new players?

It's probably not the case, just looking for some optimism.  Maybe the board have a 2-3 year plan?

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Perhaps our inactivity in the market is due to us wanting to see what we are working with?  As in, which players are suited an which aren't, and waiting to see what we have before getting in new players?

It's probably not the case, just looking for some optimism.  Maybe the board have a 2-3 year plan?

I think it is just a case of being unable to conclude deals.  I have no doubt we have gone for 6-7 players and failed all bar Jorginho and Green.

Will we do anything by Thursday? Never say never despite me being incredibly pessimistic of the chances. I fully expect us to do sweet FA.

On the other hand i think for sure Courtois is going to tell Sarri he wants out and his replacement gets signed. His agents comments were quite emphatic.  Although Sarri said today he has spoken to both; and expects more good news than bad.  Maybe the good news is re.Hazard?   Or both?! 

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Ok, one deal which i could maybe see happening, given our recent business is Aaron Ramsey

I would welcome that very much. He would compliment Jorginho and Kante a lot. A good balance between Cesc and Barkley. If we do not sign another CM(i would argue 2 CM and sell Drink/Baka), we might as well switch to 4-2-3-1. Because Barkley is not a CM, he is not a presence in midfield. Cesc is too old. Might as well place another attacker. 

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I would welcome that very much. He would compliment Jorginho and Kante a lot. A good balance between Cesc and Barkley. If we do not sign another CM(i would argue 2 CM and sell Drink/Baka), we might as well switch to 4-2-3-1. Because Barkley is not a CM, he is not a presence in midfield. Cesc is too old. Might as well place another attacker. 

same as Courtois his deal is up in 12 months.  I think Arsenal would take £30m

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Zouma, RLC, and Abraham are on the loan list on the CFC website.

Anyone know if they are new additions (so deals done), or if they just haven't updated the page:  https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/on-loan-players

Thought Tammy was off to Villa?

21 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Forgot about that, that was the rumour.  Does this mean that Zouma and RLC have loan deals sorted out?  If RLC is out, surely there is a midfielder coming in?  

RLC doesn't fit mate. And look at the 'links' we have had with CM. Its clear that Sarri asked for one and his quote about needing somethimg special in midfield I THOUGHT was aimed at that spot. Tho it could also have meant RW of course.

He apparently wanted Vecino. Who many of us slagged off but Sarri sees something in him he thinks we need and us just like our luvly board are secomd guessing him thinking we know his system better than him.

Golovin would have been good. Kovacic would be good, Savic would be the fuckin bollox. Christ I'd snatch up the north Londoner Ramsey over Barkley and Cescy right now

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

RLC doesn't fit mate. And look at the 'links' we have had with CM. Its clear that Sarri asked for one and his quote about needing somethimg special in midfield I THOUGHT was aimed at that spot. Tho it could also have meant RW of course.

He apparently wanted Vecino. Who many of us slagged off but Sarri sees something in him he thinks we need and us just like our luvly board are secomd guessing him thinking we know his system better than him.

Golovin would have been good. Kovacic would be good, Savic would be the fuckin bollox. Christ I'd snatch up the north Londoner Ramsey over Barkley and Cescy right now

Vecino looks the most likely.  Kovacic, IMO, would be the best option considering the price (compared to the money thrown about for SMS) and that RM seem to be open to selling, and he seems to be open to moving (but not for Jose), and we have business to work out with Madrid for Courtois.