Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Benat etxebarria looks a good playmaker,will be fairly cheap as well.Worth a punt?

Yeh, he's a good midfielder, would happily take him at Chelsea if Betis were willing to sell for a reasonable price...but he is their best player...so he won't come on the cheap.

Yeh, he's a good midfielder, would happily take him at Chelsea if Betis were willing to sell for a reasonable price...but he is their best player...so he won't come on the cheap.

He wont be that expensive either.I think 10-15m euros will do the trick and thats reasonable for a player of his ability.

He is playing similar position to Xabi Alonso, right? So he has some defensive skills too?

However, he is Bilbao bound. And his price is 20+mio

Would love to see him here, but he is too small for CM. If we go for CM/DM, guy should be at least bit taller to give balance to team's height.

I really think we should consider Monreal from Malaga if Cole does indeed leave.

I can't think of many top quality all-rounded left-backs like Monreal at the moment.

I love Bertrand, but he's still not ready to be playing vs. Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona etc. at left back in huge games for us yet in my opinion.

Romeu is beginning to look like he won't be around much longer, and we simply need another defensive midfielder.

Another Spaniard this time; Ignacio Camacho - Again from Malaga.

He wasn't great at Atletico Madrid, but he's really come alive at Malaga. He's the 'wall' in their midfield. He's fantastic at interceptions.

Finally; Benat. Benat, Benat, Benat.

He reminds me of Xabi Alonso in a lot of games. He's simply a great playmaker, and I believe he'd be a great addition in our side if played in the double pivot correctly.

His height may be seen as a vulnerability in that position in the Premier League, but he did really well against 'bigger' sides at the Euro 2012 *preparation friendlies* vs. Serbia and South Korea.

I really think we should consider Monreal from Malaga if Cole does indeed leave.

I can't think of many top quality all-rounded left-backs like Monreal at the moment.

I love Bertrand, but he's still not ready to be playing vs. Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona etc. at left back in huge games for us yet in my opinion.

Romeu is beginning to look like he won't be around much longer, and we simply need another defensive midfielder.

Another Spaniard this time; Ignacio Camacho - Again from Malaga.

He wasn't great at Atletico Madrid, but he's really come alive at Malaga. He's the 'wall' in their midfield. He's fantastic at interceptions.

Finally; Benat. Benat, Benat, Benat.

He reminds me of Xabi Alonso in a lot of games. He's simply a great playmaker, and I believe he'd be a great addition in our side if played in the double pivot correctly.

His height may be seen as a vulnerability in that position in the Premier League, but he did really well against 'bigger' sides at Euro 2012.

Benat didnt play at euro...

He is playing similar position to Xabi Alonso, right? So he has some defensive skills too?

However, he is Bilbao bound. And his price is 20+mio

Would love to see him here, but he is too small for CM. If we go for CM/DM, guy should be at least bit taller to give balance to team's height.

He isn't Bilbao bound, they are refusing to buy him back for 20 million euros despite the fact he came through their youth system and they let him go for nothing 3 or 4 years ago. His won't sell him for less than his release clause which is rumoured close to 20 million euros. Also apparently hes very similar to Andrea Herrera so I would be unsure if they'd both play in the same team.

He isn't Bilbao bound, they are refusing to buy him back for 20 million euros despite the fact he came through their youth system and they let him go for nothing 3 or 4 years ago. His won't sell him for less than his release clause which is rumoured close to 20 million euros. Also apparently hes very similar to Andrea Herrera so I would be unsure if they'd both play in the same team.

Ive heard that he could come as javi martinez replacement. But take into consideration that basks rarely leave spain. Anyway, we should strenghten defensive midfield to give more freedom for attacking midfield. Benat would only upgrade our attack, not defence.