Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I like Ballack too and would love to see him at the club again.  But, with the way we do business.  I think Campos would be a really good fit.  In fact, I think there is room for both.

1 week to go and we haven't shifted any of the expected (predicted) departures.  Think the window closing early has put a spanner in a lot of clubs plans. They should never have voted for it. 

IMO this last week is going to be very quiet, and besides a keeper if Courtois goes; I'd now be more confident in my prediction that our business is done

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I believe we will get 3 players, a striker, a RW and another CM.

Not the way Marina is currently operating.  Albeit we don't really know wha she is doing; and are making assumptions that she is incompetent based on rumoured targets going elsewhere. 

any deals would have to be well in progress already behind the scenes. I just don't see Courtois going now either, i think a week is pushing it especially as clubs know we want to replace Courtois and will ask silly money

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

Not the way Marina is currently operating.  Albeit we don't really know wha she is doing; and are making assumptions that she is incompetent based on rumoured targets going elsewhere. 

any deals would have to be well in progress already behind the scenes. I just don't see Courtois going now either, i think a week is pushing it especially as clubs know we want to replace Courtois and will ask silly money

I just have a funny feeling we will do things.

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Selling those 3 yields £150m if we are lucky.

The 3 to buy will cost around £260 to £275m. Zero chance the board drops £110 to £125m more in net spending.

Dortmund is interested in Morata hunt .

So , Morata(60m) swap Pulisic(60m)

Willian swap Martial + 20m

Musonda + 80m get Milinkovic-Savic .

We spend just £60m ...

27 minutes ago, AOIRO said:

Dortmund is interested in Morata hunt .

So , Morata(60m) swap Pulisic(60m)

Willian swap Martial + 20m

Musonda + 80m get Milinkovic-Savic .

We spend just £60m ...

I break this down

Dortmund want £80m for Pulisic, they might take £75m  he is a yank and is huge for marketing to the states

We will not get £60m for Morata £55m max

I do think that Willian and only £10 million should be enough, $20m certainly,but Mancs will never do it

you have them PAYING US!  Marial is rated by them at $80-5m   Willian at £65m         Martial is 22  Willian is 30 (on the 9th)

I think we can do it for Willian plus £10m

finally

we already had  115m euros (£102m) PLUS Musonda  turned down instantly by Lazio  that is 22m quid more than you just suggested we offer

they want 150m euros (£134m) for SMS

they MIGHT take 140m euros (£125m) but Musonda is worth shit, £8-10m max, as he positively flopped at Celtic and they (Lazio) were offended (saw it live on Italian telly with my wife translating)

lets tally that all up

in quid

I split difference

£15m net cost on Morata Pulasic

£10m net cost on Martial swap

and lets say Lazio DO accept Musonda, we still need to cough up £115m CASH  (and that is with them dropping price 10m euros) 

thats £140 MILLION net spend (and I was generous all round, giving us max value and assuming £10m price DROPS on each of all 3 targets

Crystal Palace’s acquisition of Max Meyer on a free could be the steal of the summer

https://tbrfootball.com/crystal-palace-max-meyer/

On Thursday, Crystal Palace announced the signing of highly-rated Schalke midfielder Max Meyer on a free transfer.

The acquisition of the 22-year-old on a three-year deal could be the steal of the summer, as Palace are acquiring the services of one of the brightest young midfielders in the world in a superb bargain.

The fact that Meyer chose the Eagles over reported interest from Arsenal, Liverpool, and Marseille reveals the tremendous piece of business done by the club.

Snip

20 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so no drinkwater for palace.

If Meyer gets his head right, they have a potential real star on their hands. He has staggering talent, but had a bad mob around him in Germany who filled his head with pure tosh. Roy speaks 5 languages fluently, with German being one, so that will help a lot. Meyer is a lightyear beyond Drinkwater, skill-wise.

I really doubt they drop £30m for a semi-donkey when they just got a potential thoroughbred for free.

One more example of how shit our board is atm. I doubt we even get the Brasilian dwarf on that other free either. He really wants to live in Milan, so that also looks like it is time to say a gente se vê e boa noite to Bernard.

43 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so no drinkwater for palace.

Meyer is a completely different player than drinkwater. Meyer IMO is a pure no. 10 who can be deployed deeper if needed. Götze would be the player most similar. But both are short and slow and I have always hated that player type because they just need to drop a bit of form or gain weight they are basically useless. I can see them still being in for drinkwater. Actually the only deal I can still see happening this window for us is like a Drinkwater to Westham/palace, maybe Bakayoko out on loan and Vecino in. Tibo is defo gonna run down his contract bc Madrid told him to do so. Apart from the mandatory panic buy of some tosh player on deadline day I could also see our transfer window shut already.