test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

1 minute ago, kc_blue said:

I might be full of it and this whole Bayern fiasco has skewed things but I honestly believe the progression we've seen with RLC and minutes this season is what was going to be coming for CHO, Bayern bid or no Bayern bid.

I agree.  Sarri had his line up, and his A-Team and B-Team.  He wanted the A-team together as much as possible because everyone needed to be on the same page.  Then, it was Barkley (who had the entire training camp, and worked his ass off to his credit) getting integrated with Kovacic.  RLC was a late returner, and he started to get more and more time.  I think we all agree that CHO should have had more minutes from the start, but he's 18 and 4th in line behind a top 5 in the world player, a Brazilian international, and Pedro who took to the system like a fish to water.  What's a new manager to do?  We could see CHO was getting in to the plans more, and it wasn't just after the Bayern interest.  He came on as a sub before Giroud a few weeks back, and may well have been in line for a start if he didn't hurt himself.  

kc_blue and Tomo like this

16 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

What's the source on the latest CHO news?  

Callum Hudson-Odoi will refuse to sign new Chelsea contract if club block Bayern Munich transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/09/callum-hudson-odoi-will-refuse-to-sign-new-chelsea-contract-if-club-block-bayern-munich-transfer-8326769/

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has warned the club they risk losing him on a free if they block his wish to join Bayern Munich. The 18-year-old is keen on moving to the Allianz Arena but Bayern have seen three bids rejected for the winger. Bayern’s latest bid of around £40million is believed to be close to Chelsea’s valuation of the teenager but the club are reluctant to let him go without a series of clauses, included a buy-back option. Hudson-Odoi started Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Tottenham in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, in a move from Maurizio Sarri that was designed to persuade the winger to stay at Stamford Bridge.

However, the midfielder has made up his mind on a move to Bayern and will not sign a new deal at Chelsea if they continue to reject the Bundesliga giants’ advances. That would leave Chelsea in a difficult situation given he has 18 months to run on his deal and they’re unlikely to command such a fee this summer when he’ll have a year left on his deal.

Bayern Munich have made no secret of their desire to sign Hudson-Odoi, with sporting director Sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirming on Wednesday that the club are working on a deal. ‘What I can say: We like the player and take a great interest in signing him. We’ll see about the rest,’ he said.

Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger has admitted speaking to the winger about life in Germany. The German says he can see the lure of joining Bayern but hopes the teenager stays with Chelsea. ‘He asked me about Germany,’ said Rudiger. ‘It was a general question from him. ‘He is still young, I can advise him, but at the end of the day he decides about his future.

snip

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has warned the club they risk losing him on a free if they block his wish to join Bayern Munich.

Or risk simply selling him in the summer when it's more convenient for them to lose him.  

Thanks for supplying the article.

No quotes, not buying it.  :blink:  CHO has advantages here but I don't think he's at a state yet in running down his contract and the state of his career that he holds all the cards and Chelsea have to do what he says.  I guess we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the board, even though they are largely responsible  would allow him to leave in this window.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi will refuse to sign new Chelsea contract if club block Bayern Munich transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/09/callum-hudson-odoi-will-refuse-to-sign-new-chelsea-contract-if-club-block-bayern-munich-transfer-8326769/

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has warned the club they risk losing him on a free if they block his wish to join Bayern Munich. The 18-year-old is keen on moving to the Allianz Arena but Bayern have seen three bids rejected for the winger. Bayern’s latest bid of around £40million is believed to be close to Chelsea’s valuation of the teenager but the club are reluctant to let him go without a series of clauses, included a buy-back option. Hudson-Odoi started Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Tottenham in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, in a move from Maurizio Sarri that was designed to persuade the winger to stay at Stamford Bridge.

However, the midfielder has made up his mind on a move to Bayern and will not sign a new deal at Chelsea if they continue to reject the Bundesliga giants’ advances. That would leave Chelsea in a difficult situation given he has 18 months to run on his deal and they’re unlikely to command such a fee this summer when he’ll have a year left on his deal.

Bayern Munich have made no secret of their desire to sign Hudson-Odoi, with sporting director Sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirming on Wednesday that the club are working on a deal. ‘What I can say: We like the player and take a great interest in signing him. We’ll see about the rest,’ he said.

Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger has admitted speaking to the winger about life in Germany. The German says he can see the lure of joining Bayern but hopes the teenager stays with Chelsea. ‘He asked me about Germany,’ said Rudiger. ‘It was a general question from him. ‘He is still young, I can advise him, but at the end of the day he decides about his future.

snip

Metro are a terrible source, although if im the board I would let him go on a free. Play him the next year Im 100% sure bayern will drop interest and he will sign  a new contract. Its a bad precedent letting our best players force moves. I low key blame Marina for this. We never used to have contract issues under Gourlay.

Robchels, Sideshow Luiz and kc_blue like this

7 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Thanks for supplying the article.

No quotes, not buying it.  :blink:  CHO has advantages here but I don't think he's at a state yet in running down his contract and the state of his career that he holds all the cards and Chelsea have to do what he says.  I guess we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the board, even though they are largely responsible  would allow him to leave in this window.

We need to hold on to him, heck force him into leaving on a free. We cant let our best players force our hand, on the other hand though Sarri fucked up by not at the very least starting him at least 3 Europa games plus league cup

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We need to hold on to him, heck force him into leaving on a free. We cant let our best players force our hand, on the other hand though Sarri fucked up by not at the very least starting him at least 3 Europa games plus league cup

I would continue to play him this season and reevaluate the situation in the summer.  The way they've gone about it means I would not accept a bid from Bayern period.  We really can't let him and them run all over us, it would set a bad precedent.

Vybzkartel and Sideshow Luiz like this

17 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the Europa league matches would have done anything.  I'm not sure that 4 matches is the difference between signing a long term deal, and making waves for another club.  Sure, didn't help, but you've been at the club since 7.  So 4 matches?  I'm not convinced.

kc_blue likes this

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the Europa league matches would have done anything.  I'm not sure that 4 matches is the difference between signing a long term deal, and making waves for another club.  Sure, didn't help, but you've been at the club since 7.  So 4 matches?  I'm not convinced.

His being silly to be fair he was only 17. 2 weeks ago I have a feeling the agent is pushing for a move because they make more off the commission. There are legit reasons to leave Chelsea but it seems more of a case of agent trying to benefit more than the player pushing this.

Sideshow Luiz and kc_blue like this

7 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

His being silly to be fair he was only 17. 2 weeks ago I have a feeling the agent is pushing for a move because they make more off the commission. There are legit reasons to leave Chelsea but it seems more of a case of agent trying to benefit more than the player pushing this.

yeah i can see the agent telling him what to do too. he is at an age where it is still easy to be manipulated. There has to be found another compensation scheme so that they do not push players to switch clubs all the time. 

kc_blue likes this

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

yeah i can see the agent telling him what to do too. he is at an age where it is still easy to be manipulated. There has to be found another compensation scheme so that they do not push players to switch clubs all the time. 

FIFA is looking into clipping the wings of agents, after Raiola made 40 million off the Pogba transfer. The prick was representing all 3 parties apparently.

Magic Lamps likes this

3 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

FIFA is looking into clipping the wings of agents, after Raiola made 40 million off the Pogba transfer. The prick was representing all 3 parties apparently.

LOL in any other business you'd go to jail for that clear conflict of interest

Vesper likes this

27 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea transfer news: Blues are hiding real striker targets - Pat Nevin

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1069927/Chelsea-transfer-news-Maurizio-Sarri-Krzysztof-Piatek-Gonzalo-Higuain

So much so that our board don't even tho !

Let's hope he is right.

I would be over the moon with Jovic or Piątek, or Haller. 

kc_blue and Unionjack like this

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Let's hope he is right.

I woukd be over the moon with Jovic or Piątek, or Haller. 

Yeah was just going to post this GMTA

He doesn't suggest just WHO they MIGHT be tho

11 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

November 7, 2000. His DOB.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Yes. He did mention Piątek.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah Pat is part of the clubs camouflage ,he was told to chuck out a media smoke bomb , we are the sas of footie transfers lol

Vesper, Unionjack and kc_blue like this

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah Pat is part of the clubs camouflage ,he was told to chuck out a media smoke bomb , we are the sas of footie transfers lol

Agent Nevin!  a2d9a04f9ad17af040ffdf3352879693.gif

Vesper and mccg like this