test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

21,456 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We dont seem to have a thread we can post GENERAL Chelsea stuff that doesn't fit in the normal pigeonholes adb09afe1be61ad7a1328a70df310ba0.gif

So thought I'd stick this here but dont get excited I cant ever see us signing the lad now!!

Mum's word

Chelsea missed out on PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe aged 13… for this incredible reason

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/transfers/422386/chelsea-missed-out-on-psg-superstar-kylian-mbappe-aged-13-for-this-incredible-reason/

We could have had him if not for this ffs!!!

Kylian Mbappe may be an asset to both Paris Saint-Germain and France, but he could have been one for Chelsea if his Mum had allowed him a second trial there.

The 19-year-old was invited to Chelsea for a trial six years ago, where he impressed, but the Blues requested that he came back for a second trial, which did not sit well with the young star’s decision maker.

Mourinho would have insisted we sell him anyway. Lol

Unionjack likes this

Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri in pole position to complete January deal for Federico Chiesa

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1018105/Chelsea-news-Maurizio-Sarri-to-complete-January-deal-for-Federico-Chiesa

A wonderful player, but his favourite position is an an inverted right-footed LW (exact opposite of Leon Bailey).

If Hazard leaves we are covered at LW with Chiesa and CHO, so I am all in on this, plus he absolutely can play RW as well.

If Hazard refuses to renew, Chiesa is a must buy.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri in pole position to complete January deal for Federico Chiesa

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1018105/Chelsea-news-Maurizio-Sarri-to-complete-January-deal-for-Federico-Chiesa

A wonderful player, but his favourite position is an an inverted right-footed LW (exact opposite of Leon Bailey).

If Hazard leaves we are covered at LW with Chiesa and CHO, so I am all in on this, plus he absolutely can play RW as well.

If Hazard refuses to renew, Chiesa is a must buy.

I remember seeing you rated him high.

Tho my attitude on having a player in a position that he is trained for all his career has softened to where I find it acceptable for a more multi functioned player I would like us to finally have a proper balance to Eden on the RW.

I do hope Eden signs as it would truly irk me if he didn't And I'm finding it upsetting that he is putting it off after all the things hes been saying lately.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I remember seeing you rated him high.

Tho my attitude on having a player in a position that he is trained for all his career has softened to where I find it acceptable for a more multi functioned player I would like us to finally have a proper balance to Eden on the RW.

I do hope Eden signs as it would truly irk me if he didn't And I'm finding it upsetting that he is putting it off after all the things hes been saying lately.

My gut says he isn't going to renew, and we HAVE to start planning around this, as it will turn into a disaster if we do not handle this right. Next summer he already has us over a barrel and looking square in the face of another Courtois situ.

LW options of truly world class level are slim

the impossibles

Neymar (pipe dream, and not worth the $250m or so it would cost)

Leroy Sané (City would NEVER sell him to us)

Thomas Lemar (same as Sane situ, and not even as good as Sane)

Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli, enough said there)

leaving these

Marco Asensio (only way he would ever come here is if RM tossed him into a Hazard deal, and they won't do it)

Federico Chiesa (by far the best option that is realistic)

Anthony Martial (I am far more interested in him as a striker than as a LW, buy he is still an an option there)

Vinícius Júnior (same as Asensio, buy maybe a WEE less unlikely)

Mikel Oyarzabal (can play inverted RW too, like Bailey)

Julian Draxler

step downs

Kingsley Coman

Julian Brandt

Keita Baldé

Hirving Lozano

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

My gut says he isn't going to renew, and we HAVE to start planning around this, as it will turn into a disaster if we do not handle this right. Next summer he already has us over a barrel and looking square in the face of another Courtois situ.

LW options of truly world class level are slim

the impossibles

Neymar (pipe dream, and not worth the $250m or so it would cost)

Leroy Sané (City would NEVER sell him to us)

Thomas Lemar (same as Sane situ, and not even as good as Sane)

Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli, enough said there)

leaving these

Marco Asensio (only way he would ever come here is if RM tossed him into a Hazard deal, and they won't do it)

Federico Chiesa (by far the best option that is realistic)

Anthony Martial (I am far more interested in him as a striker than as a LW, buy he is still an an option there)

Vinícius Júnior (same as Asensio, buy maybe a WEE less unlikely)

Mikel Oyarzabal (can play inverted RW too, like Bailey)

Julian Draxler

step downs

Kingsley Coman

Julian Brandt

Keita Baldé

Hirving Lozano

You dont like Isco?

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

You dont like Isco?

I consider Isco an AMF, much more than a winger. He can play winger, obviously, but I would rather see him at AMF

I think a MF of Jorginho, Kovacic and Isco would be insane under Sarri. I also think we have almost no shot at Isco. Real have almost no reason to give up Asensio, Isco, or even Vinícius Júnior next summer at this point, when they can just wait a year and sign Hazard on a free, OR offer us a shit price and see if we take it in the dying days of the summer window. I was saying this THIS window, We need to do something fast or we are going to get fucked badly.

I see a massive amount of ostrich action on this. Burying yer head in the sand and hoping it changes for the better never works.

Same mentality every Luiz fanboy/fangirl I know has. To me, it's delusional thinking.

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I also think we have almost no shot at Isco. Real have almost no reason to give up Asensio, Isco, or even Vinícius Júnior next summer at this point,

This is why I dont understand why RM would want Eden. Now or gambling on a free which  I would rather bench him for his last year than let him take the piss

But I do have my Blue heart pumping optimism right now.

CIES Football Observatory

n°233 - 17/09/2018

Economy

Transfer cost to assemble the squad: Manchester City at the top

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/233/en/

Manchester City has spent almost €1 billion in transfer indemnities to sign its present squad members (add-ons included). This is the highest figure ever measured for a football team. Issue number 233 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the data for all of the big-5 league teams.

Seven English Premier League teams are in the 11 top positions of the table. The biggest increase compared to last year was measured for Liverpool (from €437M to €704M). The Spanish giants (Barcelona and Real Madrid), Juventus and Paris St-Germain (2nd overall) are the only non-English teams in the top 11. The best-ranked German Bundesliga club, Bayern Munich, is 12th.

Total transfer expenditure to make up the squad for clubs from the five major European leagues went constantly up during the last decade. In 2010, a big-5 league had spent on average €67M to sign its squad members. In 2018, this figure reached a new record high of €161M. During the same period, the amounts invested to assemble the squad by English Premier League clubs went up from €126M to €326M.

Transfer expenditure to assemble the squad

(million €)

wp233a.svg?crc=304396285

Unionjack likes this

Hope it's an exciting January for us looking at new forwards with a left foot dominance.

Where's the player that looks like the next Robben (with his shooting accuracy anyway)?

15 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Hope it's an exciting January for us looking at new forwards with a left foot dominance.

Where's the player that looks like the next Robben (with his shooting accuracy anyway)?

LOL Its amazing how we are looking forward to the January sales still 3 months away

But then again here in England it wont be that long till the Xmas stuff starts hitting the shops.

Dear Santa Roman. I have been a good boy this year and I would like a couple of new players ..............

3 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Leon Bailey FTW. Left footed RW yardie version of Robben. Deadly shot as well as pace.

Federico Bernardeschi and David Neres of Ajax are also left footers who prefer RW.

My dream set of wingers would be Bailey and Neres on RW, replacing Willian and Pedro, and Chiesa or Asensio plus CHO on LW (if Hazard leaves in January or next summer).

Ousmane Dembele is surely off the table now as he has exploded for Barca (as predicted). Mbappe is a pipe dream unless your name is Shitty, Real, or Barca.

Malcom would have been great at RW (swap him for Neres above), but we all know the cockup with Willian and the £65m offer from Barca that we foolishly turned down, thus allowing Barca to grab Malcom for only £37m.

Vinícius Júnior from Real is a wild card at LW.

Unionjack likes this

Who is this Vesper:D

She has an incredible knowledge on all subjects, players she will tell you anything about them no matter who, even what they have for breakfast:D

Any stats are truly amazing, and in depth post........this is no ordinary person..... she has to be involved in the professional game at some level, possibly an advisor.

Unionjack likes this

28 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Who is this Vesper:D

She has an incredible knowledge on all subjects, players she will tell you anything about them no matter who, even what they have for breakfast:D

Any stats are truly amazing, and in depth post........this is no ordinary person..... she has to be involved in the professional game at some level, possibly an advisor.

Send her a Msg and have a chat, She doesn't bite.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Send her a Msg and have a chat, She doesn't bite.

The comment is tongue in cheek bud:D.

Oh and I forgot her command of the English language, there aint no Swede with that command or any foreigner for that matter.

The intrigue goes on:o

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

The comment is tongue in cheek bud:D..

Oh and I forgot her command of the English language, there aint no Swede with that command or any foreigner for that matter.

Sorry mate.

Its hard to get a read on texts sometimes. Sarcasm doesn't translate written down all the time. Shall learn to keep moi's nose out of sjhit  c5060f53c6f88516a033f9e65009b39b.gif

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

The comment is tongue in cheek bud:D.

I live in Sweden now, I am half Swedish, but was born and grew up in West London (South Kensington mostly) for the most part. I did spend a few years as a toddler and early schooler in Hong Kong, and read for my MBA in New York as well. As for foreigners having a superb command of English from a both a syntaxical as well as an idiomatic perspective, I know hundreds, especially in academia. It's the global language of business and what passes for a global culture (much to the dismay of the French, lol). Using Sweden as a pedagogical example, English is mandated by law to be taught alongside Swedish, as well as a 3rd, actual 'foreign' language.