Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Not sure that was Lukaku's man. I have a feeling that Lukaku was assigned Henderson rather that Coutinho.

Just watched the whole thing again. Fair enough, it wasn't Lukaku's man but think he could still have done better. Coutinho ran past right in front of him and he just stood there ball watching the whole time. Moreover, not sure if he knew Henderson had ran away from him.

Belgian people's opinion on Mourinho's choices is kind of funny (didn't the crowd boo him everytime he was on the big screen against Chile ?).

Oh boy, please don't make this into a Belgian thing again. It's getting a bit old.

All I said was I don't think Lukaku will get a chance under Mourinho, I didn't make a judgement about it.

I agree with everything you said about Lukaku. And I think it's totally understandable that Mourinho won't give him a chance because he doesn't suit his passing style of play. And I'm happy for it.

But still it's difficult to say if Lukaku could make it at Chelsea or not if he's not given the opportunity.

A belgian willing to translate? Cheers :)

1/3 sommige media in belgie gunnen hun landgenoten niets...

2/3 Niet te vergeten dat in Engeland niet altijd even scherp wordt verdedigd #BenJeSerieus?!?

3/3 Lukaku kreeg van BT Sport de trofee van Man van de Match, maar had een moeilijk eerste uur. Hij werd weer overladen met complimenten..

4/4 en dan durven ze zich nog vragen te stellen waarom ik liever met engelse media spreek

5/5 alle geluk zijn de supporters niet zo negatief zoals jullie ;-)

A belgian willing to translate? Cheers :)

1/3 sommige media in belgie gunnen hun landgenoten niets...

2/3 Niet te vergeten dat in Engeland niet altijd even scherp wordt verdedigd #BenJeSerieus?!?

3/3 Lukaku kreeg van BT Sport de trofee van Man van de Match, maar had een moeilijk eerste uur. Hij werd weer overladen met complimenten..

4/4 en dan durven ze zich nog vragen te stellen waarom ik liever met engelse media spreek

5/5 alle geluk zijn de supporters niet zo negatief zoals jullie ;-)

1/3 some media in belgium always play down their countrymen

2/3 dont forget the defense in Epl isn't always that sharp/strong #areyouserious?!?

3/3 Lukaku got the motm award but had a tough first hour. He got a lot of compliments though....

4/4 and then they wonder why I prefer to talk to the english press

5/5 a good thing not all fans are as negative as you guys ;-)

Et voila!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

arf stingray, made me do a good deed for nothing

#2fast4um8! Nah, thanks anyways!

1/3 some media in belgium always play down their countrymen

2/3 dont forget the defense in Epl isn't always that sharp/strong #areyouserious?!?

3/3 Lukaku got the motm award but had a tough first hour. He got a lot of compliments though....

4/4 and then they wonder why I prefer to talk to the english press

5/5 a good thing not all fans are as negative as you guys ;-)

Et voila!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks mate :wub:

he might have scored 2 but i feel he was poor (bordering on pathetic today). i seriously cant think of any of the aerial duels that he won, general hold up play was poor too and passing was terrible. that moment when he gave the ball away on a 4 on 2 was just .....

nonetheless, took his goals brilliantly. if your striker can end up putting the ball in the back of the net, thats all u should end up looking at.

I dont understand the logic in someone playing poor and even pathetic, yet scoring 2 goals. It just doesnt make sense.

But if we just accept that, Id rather have a striker who players poor yet gets the job done, which is scoring, than having one who puts his heart out there but just doesnt deliver.

I dont understand the logic in someone playing poor and even pathetic, yet scoring 2 goals. It just doesnt make sense.

But if we just accept that, Id rather have a striker who players poor yet gets the job done, which is scoring, than having one who puts his heart out there but just doesnt deliver.

There's more to the game than scoring goals. The man in your avatar is proof of that.

There's more to the game than scoring goals. The man in your avatar is proof of that.

Haha, you obviousley greatly missed the point here. Besides, Didier did what matters when it mattered. He scored goals in the big games.

the logic in saying someone has played poor or even pathetic , yet has scored 2 goals is not hard to understand. the statement means exactly what it says.

lukaku was a passenger for the majority of the game. he dint win a single aerial battle, lost the ball almost everytime he touched the ball, missed 3 1v1s before scoring and that would have been almost useless if allen had not missed a sitter.

even i would prefer an ST who scores goals vs the one who does everything but score goals but the "performance" of the player can not be determined only by the goals scored but by his actual performance in the match.

I take into consideration his age and put that against his performance in the premier league, one of (if not THE) toughest and best league in the world.

I just dont accept that anyone who scores 2 goals in that type of game, against a team like that, in a league like that, can result in being called pathetic and/or poor.

Haha, you obviousley greatly missed the point here. Besides, Didier did what matters when it mattered. He scored goals in the big games.

I take into consideration his age and put that against his performance in the premier league, one of (if not THE) toughest and best league in the world.

I just dont accept that anyone who scores 2 goals in that type of game, against a team like that, in a league like that, can result in being called pathetic and/or poor.

all your statement tells me is that u definitely dint watch the match. also lukaku's age is not a thing that he can hide behind. he is a striker who aspires to play for one of the best clubs in europe (4th ranked to be precise), who is a regular starter for a team which has an outside chance of making into europe.

also u can get lucky in scoring goals (lukaku did not, he took both his goals very well), but that does not mean that his overall performances over a period of 90-odd minutes becomes phenomenolly out-of-the-world.

all your statement tells me is that u definitely dint watch the match. also lukaku's age is not a thing that he can hide behind. he is a striker who aspires to play for one of the best clubs in europe (4th ranked to be precise), who is a regular starter for a team which has an outside chance of making into europe.

also u can get lucky in scoring goals (lukaku did not, he took both his goals very well), but that does not mean that his overall performances over a period of 90-odd minutes becomes phenomenolly out-of-the-world.

I dont think Ive ever read more bullcrap.

First of all, hide behind? His age is a FACT. Its not even something to hide behind because clearly he is doing more than well. Second, what is your point in even stating that "u can get lucky in scoring goals". That sentence just has no place in this thread. What Lukaku is consistantly doing has nothing to do with luck. Thirdly, have I stated that his performance was "phenomenolly out of the world"? I said his performance wasnt pathetic. That is a HUGE differance.

Now cut the crap, you're making yourself look like a fool honestly.