Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I want him loaned out to West Brom for next season as well (so 18 more months from now). It is not because I dont think he is good enough or anything (apart from his abismal first touch, he is quite good), it is because we will certainly buy a ST in the summer and if we dont get rid of Torres he will get almost zero playing time.

He is happy and playing (and scoring) regularly! The best thing for his development is to stay like this for another season...

Seemingly, so the article goes on Lukaku to stay much longer if he hits a certain number of appearances this season.

Now, my question: Who authorized it ?

Here is a kid Chelsea spent 18m. He has knocked in 9 goals so far & might not even play for Chelsea for months.

Are those at Chelsea´s office totally fucking clueless ?

They're actually thinking long-term which is what the club didn't do five years ago. They're looking at getting the most out of a player over the long-term rather than running around like headless chickens throwing money around.

They're actually thinking long-term which is what the club didn't do five years ago. They're looking at getting the most out of a player over the long-term rather than running around like headless chickens throwing money around.

As I said the other day, Chelsea should strongly consider getting into buying & renting players. It might be a very fruitful business.

Let me try one hypothetical question here. Assume Roman packs Torres out somewhere, anywhere. Lukaku plays certain amount of games & stays with WB. What then ?

To me that clause in his loan has no merit, providing it´s valid.

case 1 we take Lukaku back next season to bolster our nearly empty striker contingent

case 2 we extent his loan, only got one or two strikers and have to splash out to get someone else.

In which scenario we are more likely to throw around money?

I don't think he meant to properly spit at Walker, but there was intent. It's a logical red, especially as Clattenberg was looking right at them.

Yeah, it looked like he was spitting in disgust and not at Walker. That is, unless, Popov's spitting is as wayward as some of his crosses.