Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

The next big thing comes onto the scene and suddenly people are eager to toss the besk GK in our history to the side. He's only 31 for crying out loud and is still a Top 3 GK in the World.

Further proof loyalty simply doesn't exist in football or sports in general.

The next big thing comes onto the scene and suddenly people are eager to toss the besk GK in our history to the side. He's only 31 for crying out loud and is still a Top 3 GK in the World.

So we should discard 'the next big thing' instead and hope we sign the next 'next big thing' when he comes along? You make it sound like signing the 'next big thing' is easy. :D

He's 31but Courtois is 21 and there's an argument about who the better keeper is already. That type of talent is phenomenal and for you to dismiss it so lightly might sound loyal (I'd say overly sentimental) but in terms of managing talent seems rather short-sighted.

Sadly because of FFP, we don't have a choice. Cech has 5 more solid years to give, but if we sell courtois, it means we then have to buy another keeper in no time under FFP jurisdiction.

Because of this, I'm very sure courtois will be our No. 1 next season, unless we use him as a bargaining chip for Costa (bcos of our striker needs) in the summer.

Sadly because of FFP, we don't have a choice. Cech has 5 more solid years to give, but if we sell courtois, it means we then have to buy another keeper in no time under FFP jurisdiction.

Because of this, I'm very sure courtois will be our No. 1 next season, unless we use him as a bargaining chip for Costa (bcos of our striker needs) in the summer.

Perhaps they are hoping to use Costa as a bagrain chip to get courtois permanent ;)

Sorry to say this but nowadays there is hardly loyalty anymore, in the old days when footballers didn't get pay much more than average workers, then it was loyalty. Nowadays money is the most important thing, if some billionaire decides to buy Crystal Palace and agreeing to pay top players like £200k per week, they will come to Palace. That is how much football has changed, a period is over. This might sound hurtful but the truth is fans are also attracted by success and money. If Chelsea wasn't that successful in the last 10 years, there wouldn't be many fans supporting the club from all over the world, look at teams like West Brom for example, which is what we would have probably ended up as if Roman didn't took over. No one or hardly anyone support them outside of the city, many people don't even know who they are unless they are a big fan of BPL. That is how much it has changed, football has gone more than a sport now, it is a brand, a business. Nowadays it isn't just entertainment alone anymore.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

If the figures from WAGNH are to be believed, then Schwarzer is earning only 20k wages p/w. It may be a lot for common people like us but the opposite in the footballing world. And TBF, let's not go all stereotype on Schwarzer wanting money just because he wants to stay. He has only won 1 trophy in his club career - League Cup in 2004 - and perhaps he just see this as an opportunity to win 1-2 big trophies before he retire.

I agree but I still believe Mark won't be a massive factor in any decision. Like you already said, probably it will end up Cech or Cortouis leaving permanently so Mark will get to stay, but lets say if Cech agreed to be a Casillas then we all know he is going to be no 2 for us. Yeah I suppose you could say the latter about Mark.

Because of this, I'm very sure courtois will be our No. 1 next season, unless we use him as a bargaining chip for costa in the summer.

Or, god forbid, promote Blackman to back-up keeper. But of course that won't happen because we don't trust him to even do what Hilario is doing right now: Nothing! We had to actually renew Hilario's contract so he would sit on the bench if one of Petr or Mark get injured because we can't trust Jamal to do even that. Smh...

Or, god forbid, promote Blackman to back-up keeper. But of course that won't happen because we don't trust him to even do what Hilario is doing right now: Nothing! We had to actually renew Hilario's contract so he would sit on the bench if one of Petr or Mark get injured because we can't trust Jamal to do even that. Smh...

Letting Blackman sit on the bench would be a waste of time...

He's better off learning his trade with the U-21's at this stage of his development

Letting Blackman sit on the bench would be a waste of time...

He's better off learning his trade with the U-21's at this stage of his development

He's still be learning his trade in the U21s because he would be playing as much as Hilario has been this season.

It's about the kind of message you send to all your youth players.

I keep changing my mind about the Cech/Courtois situation every other week so I've realized that since I'm changing my take on the situation so often then I should be okay with whatever Jose decides at the end of the season.

I keep changing my mind about the Cech/Courtois situation every other week so I've realized that since I'm changing my take on the situation so often then I should be okay with whatever Jose decides at the end of the season.

Even if Mark becomes our no1? :ph34r: