Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope so. There is something speci...I won't use that word. There is something amazing about Andre and I can't explain it. He is one hell of a guy. Honestly I god tired of old, ugly, fat and boring managers. I really feel nice to see someone young and promising with a burning passion.

I was sick and tired of all that 'good moment, bad moment' malarky. I actually detested listening to Ancelotti after a while, god knows how the players felt. :lol:

I was sick and tired of all that 'good moment, bad moment' malarky. I actually detested listening to Ancelotti after a while, god knows how the players felt. :lol:

Honestly I was to. He seemed so uncharismatic and basically out of ideas. If someone asked me who would I like to replace him, I'd say Villas-Boas :getin:

Keeping Drogba for another year doesn't, and shouldn't, cast doubt on a new beginning for Chelsea. In fact keeping him is insurance if Torres goes on another 1 in 14 run. Letting go of both Anelka and Kalou makes far more sense because Drogba is easily a better player than both irrespective of age and as we saw last season malaria!

I doubt he would be happy with anything other than a starting position in the first eleven every week. It's a cliché Drogba character assessment, but it's close to the truth. Sturridge or potentially Lukaku can be insurance if Torres still hasn't got his act together.

I think this is a Massive gamble ...can only hope it comes off . Im sure the transfer targets must be his choices .. next few days should be interesting

I agree, big big gamble but if he is given timewhistling.gif he could create something special. He is as anal in his methodology as Jose but with a will for attacking,flair play. Still think there will need to be a fairly sizable overhaul of the squad and allow AVB to bring in who he wants but thats not what Gourlay is saying.

I think this is a Massive gamble ...can only hope it comes off . Im sure the transfer targets must be his choices .. next few days should be interesting

It is a gamble. Porto gambled and they won. It's time for us to roll the dice.

I doubt he would be happy with anything other than a starting position in the first eleven every week. It's a cliché Drogba character assessment, but it's close to the truth. Sturridge or potentially Lukaku can be insurance if Torres still hasn't got his act together.

It is a cliche because Drogba didn't kick up a fuss when he was benched in favour of Torres. Remember the secod leg at Old Trafford when Torres stunk up the game in the first half and Drogba came on and gave us hope? Football is a squad game and he will start plenty next season. Sturridge has done well but I still wouldn't have him in favour of Drogba and Lukaku doesn't even deserve a mention at this point in his career.

Hope so..

It's like I said before, he's the start of a new direction in this club. This is the first time under RA we've gone for a young manager who hasn't won the big one yet (or it's international equivalent for LPS). With this gamble we can only hope RA & the board will give AVB the necassary time to transform this club into something that's building for a long-term future in terms of style of play, the players & overall objectives of the club.

The "obsession" will always be there. However the appointment of a manager like Villas-Boas shows that can be forsaken in the immediate future if we're to capture it, and many more, later on.

Quick question about Drogba. Has anybody else wondered whether at this stage in his career Drogba actually wants to start every game? Maybe he is happy with saving his energy sometimes and not always having to play 90 mins.

Make that 3. I aint gonna jizz my pants just yet. When Mou joined it was thought to be a new revolution and that Chelsea by next decade will be the biggest club and will paint the world blue and will be the biggest brand, etc etc. What happened? Mou got fired, we hired and fired 4 managers in 5 seasons after that. Won only 3 titles while Manchester united won 4 and a champions league.

Untill Roman and his chums learn from their mistakes I don't see a new revolution. If the board keeps interfering after every successful season like they have in past then it will be more of the same.

Our squad under mourinho was built to dominate the next decade and it all went tits up when we fired the best manager on the planet.

Hopefully.

But i think this will be determined upon whether roman and the board are willing to give AVB much more authority , including transfers and coaching staff or he is another "just a coach" .

The departure of Malouda , Anelka , Kalou , Ferrera , Zhirkov and Drogba is highly recommended , we will get around 40 - 45 millions for them , will decrease the wages and more importantly will move a step closer towards changing our game play .

Add another 55 millions to those 45 and use those 100 millions to get a decent playmaker (Modric / Pastore) , and 2 pacy tricky wingers (neymar / Sanchez / Hazard / Hulk / Mata)

Quick question about Drogba. Has anybody else wondered whether at this stage in his career Drogba actually wants to start every game? Maybe he is happy with saving his energy sometimes and not always having to play 90 mins.

Sounds like wishful thinking... :rolleyes:

2 votes for NO are from Ancelotti and Hidink :rolleyes:

I was one of the 2 no vote.

AVB will be good coach, but i fear from Abramovich, and i fear he will control some big transfers what he did in Sheva and Torres business. He should give a free hand for AVB. If he will, yes we can, but if no.... :\

Off-topic: Exactly he's even said in interviews that he can perform better as a sub because opponents are usually worn out when he enters the pitch...He's also said he's no longer interested in travelling abroad to another club as those days are behind him....