Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Guardiola has done a fantastic job as a coach so far and it's unfair to take credit away from him just because he manages the strongest team in Europe, and maybe even World.

I'll actually be quite pleased if we get him.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think this could be his last year, but he will not have any problems in finding a new team." Johann Cruyff on Pep Guardiola

There is a rumour that van Basten can be Barcelona's next manager. Hiddink - Guardiola - van Basten. thinking.gif

I think Guardiola would be my first choice, though its pretty unlikely to be him. I cant believe how little credit he gets for what he has done at Barcelona, sure he has had a strong team to work with but he has done a heck of a lot in putting that team together. He introduced Pique into the starting line up (and he has been a big hit), he introduced Yaya Toure and then Sergio Busquets into the starting line up, both of whom have developed into fantastic players, he gave Pedro his big chance and the lad has shone, he is a wonderful player and now he has Messi playing through the centre and having his best ever season.

Lets not forget, Rijkaard's last season was a disaster, the squad was split into two camps (Ronaldinho vs,. Eto) and the team disjointed, Guardiola arrived, got rid of some of the big names, introduced players from the academy and B team he had previously worked with and Barcelona have since flourished.

His tactics are nothing short of revolutionary, the most obvious trait Guardiola has brought to Barcelona is the high pressing game and it was a masterstroke, defensively Barcelona are not that strong, so rather than sitting back when the opposition have the ball and wait to get picked off, they hunt the ball in packs very high up the pitch, the opposition never get a chance to breathe. He is also one of the first managers of a top calibre club to employ the use of a third centre back, which we see when Busquets occasionally drops in between Puyol and Pique to create 3 centre backs and thus allows the wing backs to push on and for there to be a reliable base to recycle the ball from. Another brilliant move this season has been the lack of a striker, watch Barcelona play this season and you will notice at various points during the game that there is no focal point to their attack, there is literally nobody occupying the opposition centre backs, Guardiola's team plays with such guile and cohesiveness that they are able to break through a back four without playing with an out and out striker.

If (and its a massive if) he were available then he should be given the job, he ticks every box, young, succesful (Champions League winner), a track record of promoting young players into the starting 11. a history of dealing with big name players, tactically superb and humble, Guardiola is the perfect manager, not only for Chelsea but for any club.

Guardiola has done a fantastic job as a coach so far and it's unfair to take credit away from him just because he manages the strongest team in Europe, and maybe even World.

I'll actually be quite pleased if we get him.

There's something to be said about keeping a team that supremely talented in line. They have been focused and hungry since the day he was appointed. Teams like this should implode because Player A thinks he is better than Player B, who cares less about training than the celebrity limelight while Player C is annoyed about riding the bench and thinks he should be starting ahead of Player D who thinks he isn't getting paid enough for his inherent "greatness".

Managing one of the greatest football sides ever is not as easy as it sounds.