Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Am i the only one who has no preference as to who our new manager is? None of the names being mentioned generate any excitment and it would be a case of hoping they do a good job and waiting to see. The person who would generate excitment is Mourinho and there is no way that is going to happen.

Villas Boas generates excitement too.

I don't like the idea of van Basten as our coach. If we are taking the risk, why not then with Peterescu or Poyet?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who has no preference as to who our new manager is? None of the names being mentioned generate any excitment and it would be a case of hoping they do a good job and waiting to see. The person who would generate excitment is Mourinho and there is no way that is going to happen.

Spot on! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter which manager we get, the fact of the matter is, it's up to the players to perform and get the right result! Some managers have a better winning strategy than others, which is fine, but the players need to adapt to the strategy given to them.

My problem with a manager like Redknapp, is that he endures using 4-4-2 in a majority of games, and we should all know by now that a 4-4-2 at Chelsea NEVER works!!

Seen a bit of talk today that Guardiola is a very real possibility. Would certainly be suprising if we managed to pull that one off. Could see the logic behind trying to get him considering Barca's brand of football and where Roman would like to see us going...

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Harry Redknapp has emerged as favourite ahead of Van Basten and Guus Hiddink to takeover the Stamford Bridge hot seat during the summer. If Harry does sign for Chelsea, he will look to bring in some of his former stars as a shake-up at Chelsea is on the horizon. He will look to stars like Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Aaron Lennon and Rafael Van Der Vaart, the latter having arrived from Real Madrid last Summer for 8 million pounds and has been a sensation in the Premier League. Both Manchester teams have been linked.

Chelsea's top targets also include Belgian hot-shots Romelu Lukaku and De Bruuyne, with both expected to sign soon, Brazilian superstar Neymar, Atletico Madrid's Sergio "Kun" Aguero and Ajax right-back Gregory Van Der Wiel.

Spurs will face a conundrum as they themselves have to find a new manager and have to hold off bids for their stars from some of the best teams in the world. Despite just being sacked by Chelsea recently, Carlo Ancelotti is already being linked with a move to Spurs, while Martin O'Neill, who hasn't coached since he left Aston Villa last summer, Spaniard Rafael Benitez and most suprisingly, former Chelsea and Manchester United striker Mark Hughes.

While some players will come in at Chelsea, they will also look to offload some fringe players. Bosingwa is wanted by Juventus and Malaga, Yuri Zhirkov is reportedly training with Spartak Moscow, Anelka being linked with the MLS, Malouda is reportedly a target for Villareal and most suprisingly Drogba has been heavily linked to a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

Harry Redknapp has emerged as favourite ahead of Van Basten and Guus Hiddink to takeover the Stamford Bridge hot seat during the summer. If Harry does sign for Chelsea, he will look to bring in some of his former stars as a shake-up at Chelsea is on the horizon. He will look to stars like Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Aaron Lennon and Rafael Van Der Vaart, the latter having arrived from Real Madrid last Summer for 8 million pounds and has been a sensation in the Premier League. Both Manchester teams have been linked.

Chelsea's top targets also include Belgian hot-shots Romelu Lukaku and De Bruuyne, with both expected to sign soon, Brazilian superstar Neymar, Atletico Madrid's Sergio "Kun" Aguero and Ajax right-back Gregory Van Der Wiel.

Spurs will face a conundrum as they themselves have to find a new manager and have to hold off bids for their stars from some of the best teams in the world. Despite just being sacked by Chelsea recently, Carlo Ancelotti is already being linked with a move to Spurs, while Martin O'Neill, who hasn't coached since he left Aston Villa last summer, Spaniard Rafael Benitez and most suprisingly, former Chelsea and Manchester United striker Mark Hughes.

While some players will come in at Chelsea, they will also look to offload some fringe players. Bosingwa is wanted by Juventus and Malaga, Yuri Zhirkov is reportedly training with Spartak Moscow, Anelka being linked with the MLS, Malouda is reportedly a target for Villareal and most suprisingly Drogba has been heavily linked to a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

doh.gif

the positives with harry are

1. Attacking football

2. Youth promotion

3. good motivator

4. Knows the league

5. can lure Modric

6. Spuds can end up with Rafa ..lol

1. Incredibly poor defensive football

2. Really? I don't think so...

3. Check the video where a player kicks a ball at him.....Great motivation

4. Doesn't make him a better manager.

5. Based on what? Modric could absolutely despise him for all you know.

6. They can also end up with a half decent manager and finish above us.

Guest justin_3d

Guys if Roman hires Harry, i will seriously stop writing here, and stop watching Chelsea games for a while.

I won't stop being Fan, cause you can't stop that. But i will stop watching this club till my anger subsidies.

Fire Carlo to get Harry?

Only a joke of a club will do that!!!