Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Andre comes in and revolutionises this squad, even if we don't win anything, removing the dead wood and the dying embers is FANTASTIC for our future... and for this man:

Josh-McEachran.jpg

Not saying PL is all about muscles, but he must get some. laugh.gif

Its really stupid. Some people always acted like little freaking girls when anyone says that Terry or Lampard could leave. Now those people are saying that if VB ask both to leave, then its ok.

Weeks ago people were moaning about the board who sacked Ancelotti, regarded as The King, as one of the greatest manager eve, now Villas-Boas, before one single game in PL is the new King, the new living god.

For me Mikel and Kalou are awful players, and if Villas-Boas say in his interviews that both are good players I will keep thinking they are awful and that he is wrong.

Sacking Carlo was a mistake, according to most part of forum members, and now the same people are saying that hiring Villas-Boas was the best thing that happen with Chelsea since Mourinho arrived.

Not saying Villas-Boas was not a good choice, but its pathetic how easily some people change their minds.

I was for Carlo and was gutted when he got the sack but i said when he was here that IF he got the boot AVB would be my first choice, a lot of us wanted Carlo to stay but he didn't not much we can do really?

I was for Carlo and was gutted when he got the sack but i said when he was here that IF he got the boot AVB would be my first choice, a lot of us wanted Carlo to stay but he didn't not much we can do really?

You did not get my point.

If Andre comes in and revolutionises this squad, even if we don't win anything, removing the dead wood and the dying embers is FANTASTIC for our future... and for this man:

Josh-McEachran.jpg

I agree the most important thing is to be made team for the future. I think even if you do not win a trophy we have a team ready for the future will be fatal. Another question is whether Abramovich will enjoy another year without a trophy.

Guest justin_3d

Its really stupid. Some people always acted like little freaking girls when anyone says that Terry or Lampard could leave. Now those people are saying that if VB ask both to leave, then its ok.

Weeks ago people were moaning about the board who sacked Ancelotti, regarded as The King, as one of the greatest manager eve, now Villas-Boas, before one single game in PL is the new King, the new living god.

For me Mikel and Kalou are awful players, and if Villas-Boas say in his interviews that both are good players I will keep thinking they are awful and that he is wrong.

Sacking Carlo was a mistake, according to most part of forum members, and now the same people are saying that hiring Villas-Boas was the best thing that happen with Chelsea since Mourinho arrived.

Not saying Villas-Boas was not a good choice, but its pathetic how easily some people change their minds.

:goodpost:

I was really against the sacking of Carlo.

The only reason i agreed with sacking, was his lack of youth time.

It is why I wanted someone like Bielsa, cause he gives chances to a lot of youth.

But now that we got AVB, it sounds like he will give chances to youth....I hope!

However I do not agree with the selling of Lampard, and Terry.

Drogba i want to stay, but he must accept a sub role. If he does not want that, then can't do nothing.

And I like Mikel. Very good player to have.

Kalou can go if we get Falcao.

Other then that, Anelka can go, Bosingwa can go if we get a new RB or promote from youth. Paulo can go. Yury can go if we get a new LW or promote from youth. And that's about it i guess.

Andre Villas-Boas sacks #CFC doctor Bryan English 3 days after arriving at Stamford Bridge. English involved in Mourinho's sacking in 07. - via DuncanCastles Duncan Castles

That's new to me.

Does anyone remember any details?

That's new to me.

Does anyone remember any details?

No but if there is something there I'm assuming English felt that Mourinho was pushing the players to their limit in terms of playing through injury. Most probably rubbish on my part but I can't think of anything else.

Guest justin_3d

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8599869/Guus-Hiddink-not-approached-by-Chelsea-before-Andre-Villas-Boas-was-given-managers-job.html

Frank Arnesen, who spent six years in a similar role at Chelsea, yesterday said: “When I first met him [Abramovich] in 2005, he had little clue about football. However, he has put a lot of energy into the club and this has changed. If Abramovich wants something, he goes for it 100 per cent. Now he really knows his stuff.”

This is probably the best quote i have read in a long time.

If true, then I hope Roman has learned his lesson, and will give time to AVB. He can be better then Mourinho. He can be our ultimate legend we have been craving for.

Mourinho won us a lot of trophies but left some of us with a sour note due to his poor practice of football and controversy.

AVB can be the best we ever had. If the quote is right, Roman will know his stuff, and if AVB does good, he will know this is his man for long term.

What's interesting to me from that article is that Hiddink for DoF, not manager, was our original plan and we can only speculate why it didn't happen, although it's safe to assume unwillingness to pay his buy-out clause was not one of the reasons.

We can't know whether André Villas-Boas was our first choice manager or not and we will have to wait for the new DoF to be appointed to make educated guesses about what power he will have.

probably they refer to it, because some sources claim (include terry himself in his book) that Mourinho provocated his sacking because he fall out with abramovich and some of the backroom-staff. He wanted to bench Terry (the self named leader, legend and so on of the club) because he wasn't fit, and Brian english and the whole medical staff claimed terry was 100% fit and could play, after this row on the trainingspitch (because of the ego of mou and Terry, remember ballack nearly being thrown out by because of his broken ankle he operated, despite our medical staff claiming he was 100% fit? ) and the draw in that CL-Game abramovich decided to sack Mou, it seemed like he was loosing the backing of some keyplayers (e.g. with some key players its thought to be only one key player, and this one keyplayer has to be terry, who since that row claims he and mou has never been close)...

hope this wasn't too weired...