Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is:

Бранислав Ивановић, Слободан Рајковић, Ю́рий Валенти́нович Жирко́в

Branislav Ivanovic, Slobodan Rajkovic, Yuri Zhirkov.

At the start of the season, our squad will look like this (their age) :

35 : Hillario

33 : Lampard - Drogba

32 : Ferreira - Anelka

31 : Malouda - Benayoun

30 : Cole - Terry

29 : Cech - Alex - Bosingwa

28 : Essien - Zhirkov

27 : Ivanovic - Torres

26 : Turnball - Kalou

24 : Mikel - Ramires - Luiz

22 : Sturridge - Bertrand

21 : van Aaholt

20 : Kakuta

18 : McEachran

NB : Essien will have 29 in december, and Terry and Cole 31.

That means :

• 8 players are under 25 years-old.

• 12 players are above 29.

• 9 players are above 30.

• the age avergae of our team is 27,3

• the median age is something around 29 (I counted Essien as if he was already 29).

The latter stat is the more relevant, to my eyes. I do not think to have as many players above 29 as under 29 is a good sign. That means our team is composed by too many old legs. I neither do not like the fact to have 9 players above their 30.

Hence, I think a vampirism of the team is really necessary. I hope we get ride of at least three of those deadwood and replace them with young men (either from the academy/reserve or bought). I also hope we get ride of some not-enough-good players (aged between 25 and 30).

good post .. This is an example of where statistics are meaningful and you are correct in identifying the Median as the most important one .

The mean is distorted by the outliers Maceachan and Kakuta

Mirror are kinda slow with picking up the news. Ewan Chester was mentioned a month ago [Link] and Roger Smith more than a week ago [Link]. Not sure if I'm excited with their CVs.

Worth noting that Chester was hardly as fan favourite at Rangers.

Guest justin_3d

Paul Scholes expects Chelsea to flourish under André Villas-Boas

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/04/paul-scholes-manchester-united

Scholes appears appreciably less nervous about Arsanal's potential. "They just flatter to deceive," said the 36‑year‑old, who is scheduled to start a reserve coaching role in September. "They may play the prettiest football but it doesn't always produce the results they need. It doesn't irritate me that people say they're the best footballing team because, while they're doing that, we're winning games.

"They do play the best football to watch at times, but what is the point if you are not winning anything? Not only that, they are potentially going to lose their best players, in [Cesc] Fábregas, [samir] Nasri and [Gaël] Clichy."

laugh.gif

"On the domestic front I expect United's main challengers to be Chelsea and [Manchester] City. I'd never even heard of the new manager at Chelsea but the way he's spoken has been impressive. He comes across as someone who knows exactly what he wants and he has had a good grounding with [José] Mourinho and Bobby Robson."

- Scholes on Chelsea

Guest justin_3d

Never thought I'd hear Scholes speak well of something we've done.

Loved his comments about Arsanal though :lol:

Is there a glitch on the forum???

Because the word Arsanal is being misspelled.

:D