Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Brillaint news!

Good to have someone that is Young and ambitious. I really hope Roman let's him build his OWN team, and the time that is needed.

I am 100% sure that Chelsea will upload the interview to YouTube about ten minutes after being on Chelsea TV, or SSN will air it at the same time or later on tonight.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brillaint news!

Good to have someone that is Young and ambitious. I really hope Roman let's him build his OWN team, and the time that is needed.

I am 100% sure that Chelsea will upload the interview to YouTube about ten minutes after being on Chelsea TV, or SSN will air it at the same time or later on tonight.

There was a 9 minute interview from Martin Jol at Sky Sports' website you could watch, so they'll post Andre's too ;)

I'll throw a link here for SSN if the are still streaming it at that time.

Read on telegraph: He is considering keeping Drogba and Torres. lol

I'd question any news source coming out with reports like that at a time when no media has presumably had any contact with Villas-Boas , or indeed any of the backroom staff of the club who are notoriously media-shy in avoiding any papers.

He isn't even unveiled yet, I'm sure there will be a few questions from the press later addressing plenty of areas , including present players and new signings.

I'd question any news source coming out with reports like that at a time when no media has presumably had any contact with Villas-Boas , or indeed any of the backroom staff of the club who are notoriously media-shy in avoiding any papers.

He isn't even unveiled yet, I'm sure there will be a few questions from the press later addressing plenty of areas , including present players and new signings.

But thats stupid, because Roman will demand Torres to be the first choice in next season. He is not considering keeping Torres, he is supposed to make the spanish succeed.

Very happy with how our manager situation developed over the last 3 days.

Hope Andre Villas-Boas will justify ours and Roman's faith in him and will managed to get us playing both successful and beautiful football.

Welcome to Chelsea.

But thats stupid, because Roman will demand Torres to be the first choice in next season. He is not considering keeping Torres, he is supposed to make the spanish succeed.

Doubt Roman was tapping the table and demanding Torres to be surefire starter when talking to AVB and offering the job . :lol: Nobody in the media or none of us know who the transfer targets are , besides the obvious bids that get put out and with AVB going in , there will be a clear deliberation among the management and board on assessing the current team squad and drawing up a list of who's needed . Given the fact that AVB is meticulous in his hard-on for detail , scouring reports / match preparation and otherwise , I'd say he's going to be very very hands on as a young manager hungry to prove himself on the biggest stage . The Lukaku transfer might not even happen if Villas-Boas says he isn't needed . He will have meetings with the youth managers in looking up files on current academy prospects including Josh . There's a whole process of due diligence that will happen , that the press naively avoids while lazily writing up articles of a ' bumper war-chest ' yada yada .

The pre-season will give AVB a better understanding on what the first team should be , the tweaks needed within the squad to make the team better and the transfers to be made , both in and out to make better the squad overall. Everything before then is just noise to me , nobody in the media has a clue of the inner-workings and decisions made at CFC and even our own simplistic perceptions can be way off the mark many times .