Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about moutinho ?? he looks like a decent midfielder

Moutinho is a good player but he's not the right type. He is someone who keeps the ball ticking in midfield, always available for the pass, hardly loses possession. He's also very energetic though slow and weak. But you need a final ball player next to someone like Moutinho as he is not that type. He can do it every once in a while but it's not his area (like Lampard in this). So that means we would have to put Ramires/Essien on the bench for him and get that final ball player as well (if possession play is going to be our game).. so buying Mouthinho would be a waste of money.

Anyway, AVB's appointment is just a matter of time. So now that's out of the way, the main interest goes to which players are coming in and which are going out..

Guest justin_3d

AVB just fits perfect in the Roman mold.

He practice attractive football, is a good tactician, and is a gentleman.

One can say he is a classy man. A classy men to manage a rich club.

It is a rich men dream to have something of his to be managed by a guy with class.

Moutinho is a good player but he's not the right type. He is someone who keeps the ball ticking in midfield, always available for the pass, hardly loses possession. He's also very energetic though slow and weak. But you need a final ball player next to someone like Moutinho as he is not that type. He can do it every once in a while but it's not his area (like Lampard in this). So that means we would have to put Ramires/Essien on the bench for him and get that final ball player as well (if possession play is going to be our game).. so buying Mouthinho would be a waste of money.

Anyway, AVB's appointment is just a matter of time. So now that's out of the way, the main interest goes to which players are coming in and which are going out..

Based on those words , i think he can fit in next to lamps with essien behind them .

IMO we need this kind of player in midfield more than a snieder esk-player . i know we lack creativity but i hope that will come from the wings .

I hope our midfield signing will be modric if not then it should be this lad.

Btw lamps is exactly what you call a final ball player an average of 20 goals and 15 assists every season are superb . i know he hasn't been himself last year but i can see him getting back to his best if played next to modric or moutinho.

Also moutinho if he is as you described someone who keeps the ball ticking in midfield, always available for the pass, hardly loses possession. He's also very energetic though slow and weak , then he can do wonders with Josh Mceacheran in the future

Before I go to bed, really great to read the excitement from the Chelsea fans, not just here but almost every Chelsea fan I've spoken to about this is 100% behind it. Its been a while since we've had that, not even with Torres.

So, Saturday 13th August, Stoke away, every single one of us behind Andre and the boys? Lets bring that fucking trophy home.

KTBFFH

Based on those words , i think he can fit in next to lamps with essien behind them .

IMO we need this kind of player in midfield more than a snieder esk-player . i know we lack creativity but i hope that will come from the wings .

I hope our midfield signing will be modric if not then it should be this lad.

Btw lamps is exactly what you call a final ball player an average of 20 goals and 15 assists every season are superb . i know he hasn't been himself last year but i can see him getting back to his best if played next to modric or moutinho.

Also moutinho if he is as you described someone who keeps the ball ticking in midfield, always available for the pass, hardly loses possession. He's also very energetic though slow and weak , then he can do wonders with Josh Mceacheran in the future

Essien doesn't cut it as a DM for me (anymore). And I guess we disagree on what we need. Mikel fits the description of Moutinho as well and we still ask for a new midfielder(s)..

And I don't like the idea of two slowpokes in midfield with no on-the-ball skills.

On Lampard, we all know most of Lampard's assists didn't come from great through balls, and that's we need (Fernando especially) if we are going to play attacking, possession football, but from corners, indirect freekicks and quick one-two's.