Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what excites me most about AVB

1.we will be more prepared than we have been for games in recent years.we will have a better understanding of our opponents strengths and weaknesses and our game-plan will be geared to expose their weaknesses and contain their strengths.

2.i don`t see him sticking by the same tactics,game after game when it`s not working. in-game change of tactics will also be back at CFC.

3.with him being so young and full of fresh ideas it is pretty clear to me that he was hired to lead us into a new direction and i believe he will be given time because of points number 1 & 2. which i believe was the reason Carlo was sacked in that he didn`t show that ability enough times, not because he went trophyless in his second season.

I so much pity hiddink :(

guuspic_2599605.jpg

i love Guus..one of the greatest tactical minds in football history. at 64 tho he was never going to be our long term solution,just a stop gap for a couple of seasons in which time AVB would have probably been hired by one of our rivals on the European stage and we would be stuck with having to replace Guus with an inferior coach to what we got now whilst watching Andre winning trophies galore elsewhere.

Guus seems to have chosen himself that he will not become our DoF. i hope this means then that he will become a coach or DoF elsewhere,as on one hand,yes i wouldn`t want us to face one of his teams in the CL. but i have not liked the news that he has been Romans advisor in the transfer market in the last 2 years. i think he has been free to meddle in CFC without the risk of having his head on the block when he makes mistakes. i don`t think that is right ,everyone should be held accountable for what they do in life.

what excites me most about AVB

1.we will be more prepared than we have been for games in recent years.we will have a better understanding of our opponents strengths and weaknesses and our game-plan will be geared to expose their weaknesses and contain their strengths.

2.i don`t see him sticking by the same tactics,game after game when it`s not working. in-game change of tactics will also be back at CFC.

3.with him being so young and full of fresh ideas it is pretty clear to me that he was hired to lead us into a new direction and i believe he will be given time because of points number 1 & 2. which i believe was the reason Carlo was sacked in that he didn`t show that ability enough times, not because he went trophyless in his second season.

:goodpost: Sums up the optimism sorrounding Villshhj-Boashjj nicely . He won't leave anything to doubt with the youthful exuberance he brings and the previous experience of doing things in a certain way -which has worked plenty .

Hasselbaink: Look at him just as a man on his own

Yes, everybody is going to look at him and say, 'You have learned it [from Mourinho]' or 'You are the same as Mourinho', and he is going to be the example.

But I don't think that's fair on him. It is only more pressure because everybody is going to compare him to Mourinho. Yes, he is only 33, but I think we should look at him just as a man on his own, a different manager - yes from Portugal, but a different individual, and just give him a chance to succeed.

It is going to be very important for Chelsea - Chelsea are at a very important stage. They are not going to be able to keep on letting managers come and go. They will have to give somebody faith, and luckily it is somebody young, so somebody who can grow with the club and put his stamp on the Premier League and also the club.

A Fergie like dynasty looms -20 years time it'll be 20 League wins, Sir Andy Boas and he'll have a fucking great red nose like Ferguson...

:beer:

....either that or he'll be out by Christmas :whistling: :whistling:

Jesus, some Chelsea's fans are obsessed about Manchester.

Forget the devils and SAF. We are not supposed to copy their history, we are making our own.

Jesus, some Chelsea's fans are obsessed about Manchester.

Forget the devils and SAF. We are not supposed to copy their history, we are making our own.

I'm suitably chastised there Henrique. Just thought Sir Andy Boas had a nice ring to it.

*bet you're great fun in a stuck elevator dry.gif *

I like him. He's focusing on the mentality and motivation first! Something [no disrespect] Carlo could not do this, last, season.

" I've been an inividual that has that hunger for success ....and I want to keep it that way " - Villas Boas

There are no false illusions or mind-games going on about him - like Guardiola in a way , about as straight up as they come . That 15 minute video interview where he switches from Portugese to English to speak to the Telegraph reporter had me sold .