Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is also understood to be determined to bring members of his backroom staff to England, where he will be charged with the task of reclaiming the Premier League title from Manchester United.

Fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha is an important colleague of the Porto native after they also worked together at former club Academica Coimbra.

Opposition scout Daniel Sousa is another thought to be wanted by Villas-Boas when he agrees a probable three-year contract.

Appropriate backroom staff. Understandable why he wants his own opposition scout after holding the role himself he'd know the best.

I take it we will be appointing an assistant manager for him then? Or would it be one of his own backroom staff? His previous assistant at Porto has taken the job full time, correct?

Yes he became the Porto coach.

Essien doesn't cut it as a DM for me (anymore). And I guess we disagree on what we need. Mikel fits the description of Moutinho as well and we still ask for a new midfielder(s)..

And I don't like the idea of two slowpokes in midfield with no on-the-ball skills.

On Lampard, we all know most of Lampard's assists didn't come from great through balls, and that's we need (Fernando especially) if we are going to play attacking, possession football, but from corners, indirect freekicks and quick one-two's.

Well based on your earlier post , i got the idea that he is kinda like xavi or modric not mikel , that is why i said he will be welcomed .

Essien is not at his best but for me he is still better than mikel .

I would prefer a midfield trio of (Essien - Modric - Lamps) than (Mikel - Ramires - Snieder).

Appropriate backroom staff. Understandable why he wants his own opposition scout after holding the role himself he'd know the best.

In the 15 minute youtube interview thats doing the rounds, he talks very highly of his opposition scout from Porto saying that he is as thorough as AVB was when he did the same role for Mourinho. Encouraging.

As for the assistant, i'd imagine the club would want to keep Clement on in some capacity. Emenalo, who knows.

As for the assistant, i'd imagine the club would want to keep Clement on in some capacity. Emenalo, who knows.

Yeah I think the club would encourage Clement to stay on at least. We do like to have our own coaches promoted no matter who. Though I imagine he'd like to select his own direct right-hand man. I'm sure he wanted the guy who took over at Porto today though.

Porto Prez Pinto wishing Blues boss Boas well :

(Post-translation )

"Villas-Boas was a great achievement and I pay tribute here at work. If you put a clause then it can be exercised. It is part of the contract signed freely and wish you all the best. I think it has the capacity to succeed in any club and I hope you have great success. What is champion in England, who win all the games except with FC Porto and ready to draw with Mourinho, because I'm friends with both. "

Good man.