Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millions and millions for a 30 year old player who is highly dependent on his physique makes little sense.

How many seasons playing at his best does still have? One two at most? Then what type of player will he become?!

Zlatan still banging them for fun at 34. Cristiano is a better athlete, with at least 5 seasons at the biggest level under his belt, no doubt about it. Not on the wing, though.

Millions and millions for a 30 year old player who is highly dependent on his physique makes little sense.

How many seasons playing at his best does still have? One two at most? Then what type of player will he become?!

Yes but his training methods keep his physique superior. There's no reason he can't keep going for a while longer, he'll eventually have to come off the wing into a striker role.. There's no denying what he brings to the team, imagine Hazard and Willian flanking Ronaldo up top.

Zlatan still banging them for fun at 34. Cristiano is a better athlete, with at least 5 seasons at the biggest level under his belt, no doubt about it. Not on the wing, though.

Yes but his training methods keep his physique superior. There's no reason he can't keep going for a while longer, he'll eventually have to come off the wing into a striker role.. There's no denying what he brings to the team, imagine Hazard and Willian flanking Ronaldo up top.

agreed but that was not my point.

You don't paid this much money to "keep going" to "bang goals"... you would want Ronaldo not anything less than that and at 30 you will have to ask the question: is it going to be the same Ronaldo and for how long?

Don't know what's funnier; the rumour or people actually rejecting the second best player in the world.. :lol:

How many la liga titles second best player brought? Oh right...

I personaly want as good team as possible, not individuals.

I would take him as striker tho (depends on fee and wages). He is good for tap ins and so.

How many la liga titles second best player brought? Oh right...

I personaly want as good team as possible, not individuals.

I would take him as striker tho (depends on fee and wages). He is good for tap ins and so.

I think we can argue the model of Real Madrid itself is the reason they haven't been successful in either Galactico era. Are we then to use that as a measure and say Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc were not great players?

I agree about him being a striker, as alluded to in my previous post. Hazard and Willian's play (only to an extent with the latter), is crying out for a world class striker who can finish and move efficiently in the box.

I think we can argue the model of Real Madrid itself is the reason they haven't been successful in either Galactico era. Are we then to use that as a measure and say Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc were not great players?

I agree about him being a striker, as alluded to in my previous post. Hazard and Willian's play (only to an extent with the latter), is crying out for a world class striker who can finish and move efficiently in the box.

Real madrid is a mess of a club and Perez is at fault because he changes coaches all the time but I honestly wouldnt take Ronaldo in my team. He just isnt a team player, despite all the assists he makes.

Real madrid is a mess of a club and Perez is at fault because he changes coaches all the time but I honestly wouldnt take Ronaldo in my team. He just isnt a team player, despite all the assists he makes.

Fair enough mate. I think if he was willing to convert into an out and out striker role then he would be an ideal fit here. I believe we'd still be able to get another 3-4 seasons out of him in that role and he knows the English game very well. This a very big hypothetical anyway, I don't believe there's any substance in this rumour, but it's nice to think

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, communicate said:

Other than his brilliant goalscoring skill, he does not contribute at all. Much prefer we spend that money elsewhere 

Totally agree he won't be the player he is at Madrid to many class players there to help him 

29 minutes ago, communicate said:

Other than his brilliant goalscoring skill, he does not contribute at all. Much prefer we spend that money elsewhere 

Weren't you advocating the signing of Lukaku? But 5X Ballon D'or winner and arguably the greatest goalscorer ever is not good enough.

I honestly dont even know his worth. Current best in the world. 800 mill buy out. What would any team genuinely offer? Would 100 million cover it? Doubt it. Interesting to see what happens. I'd love him here for no other reason than my eldest wee boy loves him. 

Don't want him to old and very expensive. Also knowing us we might make Ronaldo lose the Ballon D'or despite almost certainly he will win it, like we did in the Fifa Club World Club we're we are the only European team to lose since 2006. 

I assume it would take something around 120 million euros to seal this deal. Totally worth it considering how massive brand this guy is but I just don't see him ending up at Chelsea. United and PSG are the likeliest destinations unless he's looking to escape EU altogether because of the tax officials.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You