Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle

Pathetic.

Carlo should've gone with his first eleven, got the win today, and then played whoever he wanted next week when second was sewn up.

Now we'll have to win at goodison ffs. Worst I've seen Torres play for us. Are we are actually considering moving on Drogba in the summer

and resting all our hopes on Torres?!?!?!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That summed up the season, at times we were brilliant, in particular early on some of the flowing football we were playing was a joy to watch but then it all went pear shaped, bad mistake by Alex to give away the freekick which Newcastle got their equaliser from and though we dominated possession we really didn't create many scoring opportunities, took the lead late on and then threw it away in the last minute of extra time, pathetic.

The big positive was Josh McEachran, this is a Chelsea side that since Mourinho first came in we have been used to a certain type of midfielder, work horses with big engines in midfield but not really much class, McEachran is the total opposite, the lad oozes class, some of his passing today was sublime, always looked to play the early ball forward and found Torres a few times, he still has to develop his overall game a bit and Im not entirely sure that he is a holding midfielder but I cant remember being this confident about one of our young players, undoubtedly he is the future of our club.

Ramires and Benayoun did well, Benayoun faded a bit towards the end, Nic started brilliantly but also faded, Cole did very well and Drogba had a cracking 15 minute cameo.

But of course the flaws remain, Ancelotti has now been managing this side 2 years and still we keep getting caught the same way, we give the ball away cheaply in midfield and straight away the opposition are in with 2 attackers against 2 defenders. This doesn't happen with any other club, where the hell are our full backs? Well I know that one, they are pushing up the pitch to provide width to our attack because our wingers aren't a viable threat out wide, get quick wingers, dont have the full backs push on as much and you kill 2 birds with 1 stone, we improve going forward and we have a better shape at the back.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, Ancelotti has failed to instill discipline into this season, the marking from that corner late on was shocking, bloody awful. How has Steven Taylor got that much space in the 6 yard box? This isn't the first time this has happened either.

The picture at the end of the game said it all, Roman Abramovich with his face in his hands looking pretty depressed, this is not the vision he has for Chelsea, this is not the way he wants his team playing and that is not the way champions see out games, running through his mind must have been a list of potential replacements for Ancelotti and as the game wore on the more names were added onto the list of who can do better than Ancelotti, the fat lady has sung, the curtain has dropped and the audience are filing out, the show is over for Ancelotti.

The most annoying thing is NO URGENCY, we should have been penning Newcastle back and not given them room instead its sideways, backwards constantly WHAT THE FUCK. With Josh on it looked like we could create stuff but with him off we looked so pedestrian it was scary, he is young, in-experienced but im still struggling to justify not playing him.

Carlo next season play Josh, get the team playing at a higher tempo and more URGENCY and get in 2 wingers.

Josh should be playing further forward

I don't think so, not yet anyway.

He gets crowded out too much. Not saying he can't easily get himself out of those situations, but I think it's too early for that push. I like how he was today, he wasn't in the holding role but he was just in and around the centre of the pitch. His passing ability is amazing, which is why sitting in the middle can work for him.

Josh is our deep lying playmaker in making. After his substitution our midfield become boring like trans Siberian railway

Indeed, we can't even run a simple break away play...we had 3-4 blue shirts blistering forward with loads of space but the ball ended right back to newcastle with little to no effort at all.

How did we qualify for ucl so easily with this piece of shit team? i'm actually amazed thinking about it. No matter who plays, we're playing the same old shit! The only reason we won the league last season is because Man Utd lost 7 games because lets face it, this current team is fucking awful and aint worthy of winning anything. Our keeper is fine, our defence is fine, our midfield is alright but our front 3 are bollocks.

I'm trying to think of ways to defend Torres but i can't now, it's impossible, he's had like 16 games or something now. He runs like he's running on sand, he's got no control of the fucking ball and he's weak as shit. What happened to him since he came here or even more-so what happened since 2009 ish? He's actually turned shit from being top class. We need a whole new attack because if we keep the current attack, we'll need to see Man Utd have another awful season to even think about winning a trophy,

Todays match was an embarrassment against a much weakened newcastle team and lets be honest they aint that good at full strength. Whatever happened to the Chelsea team that were banging in goals for fun only a year or less ago? I don't understand it. Our only likeliness of scoring today was from a set play, we might as well be stoke or bolton or fucking sunderland.

I don't get it. We we're playing with no pressure today and we still looked like a team with a huge weight on their shoulders. So tentative, tight, slow, no tempo.... meh.... Please season just finish, i'm sick of it.

I'm actually amazed how were even 2nd at the moment. I really am, our team is garbage i will agree and can't lift pressure off of them.

That will depend on the system that surrounds him...if we enter next year with the same type of formula we are truly fucked. We were miserable today and it doesn't seem that bad because it's near the end of the season but the way the players came on was shocking considering the beat down we had at old trafford last weekend.

If we enter next season with similar type of system then even messi will become goal shy

I'm actually amazed how were even 2nd at the moment. I really am, our team is garbage i will agree and can't lift pressure off of them.

The problem today, was the fact that Ray Wilkins was the commentator. Had he have been standing in the dugout, the result would have been 10 times better.

As would have been most of the season after he had been dismissed!!

The problem today, was the fact that Ray Wilkins was the commentator. Had he have been standing in the dugout, the result would have been 10 times better.

That's saying something very big about Carlo then ;)

our defence is fine, our midfield is alright but our front 3 are bollocks.

No our midfield is NOT ok. The main problems are lying there. But I agree with you on our front 3

It is actually funny that 18 year old played better in midfield then players like Lampard, Ramires, Essien and Banayoun. Don't know who to blame anymore for our terrible play...

I'm just tired of this season and I want it to end. All slow and sloppy matches from us and titles for Manchesters and all media speculation about our manager. I'm tired from all of it and it's time for some people to leave and for some very important decisions to be made.

Our strikers aren't the only problem, the whole team is the problem. Well, apart from Cech.

No creativity in midfield, strikers failing to create opportunities (let alone shoot on target), terrible defending - how on earth can you leave a player free like that in the 92nd minute?

That's saying something very big about Carlo then ;)

Well, the fact of the matter is, people blame Carlo for our bad results, which is totally wrong. If Wilkins hadn't have left, our fantastic start to the season would have carried on. Blaming Carlo and putting pressure on him over his future after a rift between, I assume Gourlay and Wilkins, resulting in his dismissal is shocking!