Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo Josh is more of a CM than no10.

Can agree with that but he should be allowed to go forward.

But honestly I do think he's a 10, a classic 10 but sadly the classic 10 doesn't seem to have a place in football anymore.

Here's the thing. ancelotti has proven over the course of the season that he

1) Cannot motivate his team

2) Lacks tactical awareness and the ability to read his opponent/game and devise a strategy accordingly

3) Ability to change a game when it's heading towards a draw or defeat

4) Over reliant on age and experience even at the detriment of the teams performance and result

Why do people want him to stay given all this glaring weaknesses besides winning the double, after all wenger also won the double with arsenal but as remained trophyless

for 6 seasons in a row and counting. are we contempt with mediocrity all in the name of stability.

He looked severly depressed. I would be too paying that amount on wages for players that don't look bothered.

Yeah ! really feel sad for Roman !

Torres will come good I am not worried about that.

I am worried about him ! If he continues the way he has, we are not gonna play Champions League the year after and won't see any silverwares !

The question is Who will replace CA (Guus doesnt seem all that interested ) so who is it going to be ?

And rest of the questions depends on the answer to ^^ .

One more thing Roman should really leave the signings to the Manager. Looks like this summer's signings will also be Roman's choice ! :( and thats why the managers find it difficult to balance the team !

Indeed. He has wonderful vision that is very important for deep lying CM.

I don't know. I don't see him as regista, more like Xavi. Not that I'm comparing those two, but I have a feeling that he could play like him.

Well, the fact of the matter is, people blame Carlo for our bad results, which is totally wrong. If Wilkins hadn't have left, our fantastic start to the season would have carried on. Blaming Carlo and putting pressure on him over his future after a rift between, I assume Gourlay and Wilkins, resulting in his dismissal is shocking!

Hmm, but by saying if Wilkins was on the bench, we'd perform 10x better suggests Carlo isn't very good at all.

But honestly I do think he's a 10, a classic 10 but sadly the classic 10 doesn't seem to have a place in football anymore.

Josh is the spitting image of Lampard, he just needs to play more games, and the team has to be moulded around him next season!

Torres never creates chance for him . He waits for half chance and converts that. That is the style of torres and that makes him world's best finisher in recent times. Here in chelsea he is trying to do some extra work which I had never seen when he was at liverpool. The story is very simple you give him the ball he will score. If you can't provide any incisive pass then he will look like shit. If you play a midfield of Lampard, Essien and Ramires then nothing will happen. We only have to rely on Drogba

Josh is the spitting image of Lampard, he just needs to play more games, and the team has to be moulded around him next season!

Of Lampard? Nahh totally different players. Josh is a passer, technician. Frank is a runner, shooter.

We'll see.

Ajax champions. Didn't see that comming in February.:whisky:

Gosh, without McEachran we sucked. Ramires still needs to play more in an Essien role and Benayoun practically stood there for the whole time. Lampard depends on someone like Essien and McEachran, without a CM, Lampard has to drop back and we don't get a lot of attacking football!

Would be a mistake to underestimate Torres, he will be good after the summer break. I remain fully behind Torres and start to judge him from the next season.

Regarding Ancelotti. He might be going, might be not, the way he had a last glance towards different sides of the stadium might indicate the first one. Altough sacking him, in my eyes, is unjustified. It's been the players who have been playing shit and today's game proved that even more. Feel sorry for him but you know, people want a scapegoat and what a better way to find one than pointing fingers at the manager, typical Chelsea way. Sure, let's sack CA and what then? Hire Superman to manage us? Because Ancelotti is our 5th manager since the departure of JM in a short period of time. Every fan with some sense of logic can see this isnt the way forward. About tactical side of CA.. yeh, he might be a bit careful at times but getting a double also shows he has the calibre to bring home the goods and this season it's likely we will finish 2nd, not bad at all, no trohpies but no biggie, not every year is lucky. Plus there is a reason why he is a renowned highly decorated manager and us, well... simply passinate fans :) Patience and trust will go along way.

The fact is, we've been going through managers so fast , too fast and players get absolutely no blame on them. Current team is functioning on the old core of Mourinho - Essien,Lampard, Drogba,Terry,Malouda and it seems to me it's them who have got the power in the dressing room not the manager. That was easily seen also during the reign of Scolari, no professional players should rebel against a manger. For this reason Chelsea should sell some of them to break it up and start a new core (eg selling Malouda, Drogba). Absolutely no flair, no creativity. We dont need an overhaul but 2-3 signings and Sturridge, letting go of some dead weight.

I have a dream of Ancelotti staying on as a manager of Chelsea because "During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams".

They can not be compared.

Of Lampard? Nahh totally different players. Josh is a passer, technician. Frank is a runner, shooter.

Yeah. I'd liken Josh to Gerrard in a sense of sitting in the middle supplying the killer balls. Of course Gerrard has a much better attacking instinct, which he's never quite exploited, but Josh is certainly more of a Gerrard & Lampard.