Stamford Bridge Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea's four-year Wembley offer puts Tottenham bid in doubt

Chelsea have offered a four-year deal to land Wembley as their temporary home during Stamford Bridge's redevelopment, putting Tottenham's chances of using the national stadium in doubt, according to their chairman Daniel Levy.

Chelsea have told Sky Sports News HQ: "We will continue to look at our options."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10029828/chelseas-four-year-wembley-offer-puts-tottenham-bid-in-doubt

Chelsea's four-year Wembley offer puts Tottenham bid in doubt

Chelsea have offered a four-year deal to land Wembley as their temporary home during Stamford Bridge's redevelopment, putting Tottenham's chances of using the national stadium in doubt, according to their chairman Daniel Levy.

Chelsea have told Sky Sports News HQ: "We will continue to look at our options."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10029828/chelseas-four-year-wembley-offer-puts-tottenham-bid-in-doubt

Ugh, four years...

I wish Craven Cottage was more viable. Just schedule away games when they're at home, though I imagine that's too hard for the buffoons at the FA to do.

Too smaill no?

That's why it's not viable. If it even had a capacity of 10,000 more, I'd say it's worth it, but that's purely from a location and atmosphere standpoint. Wembley is so far away from Stamford Bridge, I can see it being a pain to get to, and it just feels awkward to use Wembley as our home for so many games. If people aren't happy with the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, I can see it being a library at Wembley just due to the sheer size of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Ugh, four years...

I wish Craven Cottage was more viable. Just schedule away games when they're at home, though I imagine that's too hard for the buffoons at the FA to do.

Might be because they, the FA, have nothing to do with the actual Premier League fixture list. :)

That's why it's not viable. If it even had a capacity of 10,000 more, I'd say it's worth it, but that's purely from a location and atmosphere standpoint. Wembley is so far away from Stamford Bridge, I can see it being a pain to get to, and it just feels awkward to use Wembley as our home for so many games. If people aren't happy with the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, I can see it being a library at Wembley just due to the sheer size of it. I hope I'm wrong.

You're completely right. However, Wembley is about 15 minutes away from my house, so I'm sorted for 3-4 years :lol:

Might be because they, the FA, have nothing to do with the actual Premier League fixture list. :)

Would the FA have to do something about it if Fulham aren't in the Premier League?

But right. I didn't know it was all on the Premier League for the fixtures.