Stamford Bridge Thread

With you all the way bud.

Theres nowt like having a good sing song and shouting abuse at the ref and any north Londoner within ear shot. I know we are in the position where we are going to attract tourists but lets put them in the appropriate areas. Put them with the families unless they want to join in and give their full support to the lads. If we could get the same atmosphere going that we have at away games the Bridge would be bouncing.

as well as plastic flags give ear plugs to the tourists AND STEWARDS

On the positive, i suppose it adds more for potential general allocation.

But I'm concerned with the 30 or so matches at home 'proper chels' attend each season. More selfie sticks and day trippers, more corporate big wigs.

I understand it needs to be paid for and we need the income it's just cuntish how an already average atmosphere and match day experience is watered down by iPads, sit daaaan merchants, sudoku doers, and it's only going to get worse.

What we need, and most top European sides have, is a vocal, hardcore end. Phowooar missus !

We need a proper hardcore ultra group. Go on training exercises, have a proper leadership, wear a uniform.

Oh wait, Thats been done!

Id have loved to have been in the Shed in the days of Danny Eccles. Not feeling the boots n braces but a nice Suedehead look is cool.

I think its also got far too PC now at the footy. Its become a washed out,boring,sanitized version of even how it was when I started watching us and I know its far different than the 70s/80s.

If people want to sit in comfort not being jostled or listening to some of us having a sing song without turning their noses up then they should watch it in the comfort of their own home.

All of that adds to my pleasure. Theres nothing much better to be in a bunch of guys sharing the craic.

I know there had to be some changes made at grounds but like always its all just gone too far.

Yeah I agree. Obviously hooliganism had gone a step too far and maybe Heysel was that turning point, but honestly it's not supposed to be like a family outing to the theatre, it's supposed to be a show of passion. Family centres are, imo, a con which removes one of the important elements of the game (singing), creating a sterile, boring experience. But that's the direction the game is going - the new stadium only has something like 5,000 more seats for normal people, the rest are all either overpriced seats or corporate boxes so the club can squeeze more money out of you. It's not a game anymore, really, I guess. It's a business.

I don't honestly see the point in going if you're just gonna sit on your arse and not get involved. You may as well watch on Sky.

There needs to be some changes. Safe standing. Singing stands. More season tickets. More youth tickets.

Maybe confine the posh boys, families etc to West Stand and have the East as a kind of middle ground. And the away fans there too.

Edit oh and we should all boycott this club members seating bollocks - those seats should be ST or GA.

The whole standing only creates atmosphere really should be bollocks.People should be capable off creating a atmosphere even if sat down.Not everyone likes to stand and their choice but still should be able to create something

Be surprised if prices come down a lot.if 60,000 odd willing to pay 50 odd quid then why change it.

Least Selfie sticks got quickly banned

Put the loudest supporters into the shed end lower, move the away fans to a corner of the Matthew Harding Stand and either west or east stand. Put family tickets into the rest of the Matthew Harding Stand. Tourists in the East Stand and the corporate and rich in the West Stand.

Hi. I have updated my render and I think this is about finished. I have fixed the scales of the players on the pitch. adjusted the lighting and re-textured the people in the stands. I have also re-worked the model for the middle tier. I changed the corporate hospitality boxes so that it is not a separate tier, like at arsenal, but is incorporated directly into the middle tier. I think this is more likely.

DAg7Cel.jpg

Fantastic render mate.

Good god can you imagine being an opposition player walking out onto that pitch on a Champion's League game night? So so intimidating.

Also, I know they're louder than our support but the roof reminds me of the Millenium Stadium on Welsh Rugby matches i've been to and holy shit is it loud. Would really get a good echo for the noise going and make it even louder when the crowd gets behind the players during big games.

Fantastic render mate.

Good god can you imagine being an opposition player walking out onto that pitch on a Champion's League game night? So so intimidating.

Also, I know they're louder than our support but the roof reminds me of the Millenium Stadium on Welsh Rugby matches i've been to and holy shit is it loud. Would really get a good echo for the noise going and make it even louder when the crowd gets behind the players during big games.

I havent seen any ideas what we will do for screens so Im guessing they will be suspended from the inner roof circle like this

Frankfurt

Frankfurt%20TV%20Screen.jpg

Frankfurt%20TV%20Screen%202.jpg

Warsaw

Poland-National-Stadium-roof-Warsaw%20TV

I like the idea of a 360 one

360%20degree%20TV%20Screen.jpg

I havent seen any ideas what we will do for screens so Im guessing they will be suspended from the inner roof circle like this

Frankfurt

Frankfurt%20TV%20Screen.jpg

Frankfurt%20TV%20Screen%202.jpg

Warsaw

Poland-National-Stadium-roof-Warsaw%20TV

I like the idea of a 360 one

360%20degree%20TV%20Screen.jpg

I for one hate that concept. If I was a football player I would always play with the fear that those big TV's would fall on me

It's a bit of a piss take but fuck it, I just think of how far we have come since the Bobby Campbell days and all is forgiven lol.

It's easy to forget when we are playing shit and I go back into 89 - 90s teenage mode and life is over because we have lost, a regular occurrence hahahahahahah .

Standing in the shed freezing hands on the fences watching the ball slip between Daves legs lol.

So let them have their bit of fortune we are so lucky to be in west London.

Just wish when we lose everyone not to have a melt down and just take a breath step back and think what if we didn't sign Gullit what if Roman ( can't say it lol. west London baby) although being surrounded by Manu when young could see we was going places without Roman just not as quick.

So fuck them let's worry about

ut ourselves.

Probably best to ignore this half way though a bottle of Woodford reserve KTBFFH.

It's a bit of a piss take but fuck it, I just think of how far we have come since the Bobby Campbell days and all is forgiven lol.

It's easy to forget when we are playing shit and I go back into 89 - 90s teenage mode and life is over because we have lost, a regular occurrence hahahahahahah .

Standing in the shed freezing hands on the fences watching the ball slip between Daves legs lol.

So let them have their bit of fortune we are so lucky to be in west London.

Just wish when we lose everyone not to have a melt down and just take a breath step back and think what if we didn't sign Gullit what if Roman ( can't say it lol. west London baby) although being surrounded by Manu when young could see we was going places without Roman just not as quick.

So fuck them let's worry about

ut ourselves.

Probably best to ignore this half way though a bottle of Woodford reserve KTBFFH.

And I'm with you all the way. I just find it more difficult to take it tho.

Im a soft git tho cause I dont mind freezing me yarbles off on a cold monday night in Stoke (sneaking in a flask and a mobile vaporizor soon warms you up), getting a shower of beer at half time, taking the piss out of the local residents wherever we go. And like you I couldnt be more grateful for Uncle Roman tho Id love to have been there in our basic days.

But to think the govt can bale out the Irons when we cant even get land to build on with no help pisses me right off.

I have not read it so I hope I'm not getting hold of the wrong end of the stick here, but...

I think any Chelsea fan who signs a petition against West Ham's stadium costs, on footballing grounds, would be a disgrace. Yes they're getting a ridiculously good deal so, yes, they've been lucky but who'd swap them a cheap stadium for Roman? We've had our own huge slice of luck and the only dignified response from us would be to congratulate the Hammers on their good fortune.

Now, if people are unhappy because no business with the kind of turnover enjoyed by Premier League clubs should be getting hand outs from taxpayers that's a different story but, if people are complaining because this move gives West Ham and unfair advantage then, Chelsea fans at least should have absolutely nothing to say about it.