The English Football Thread

Steve

Mata due a performance tonight. With Persie out he should have more of a free rein behind Rooney.

Problem is even if United win City still only need to win their remaining matches, even if we win all our games

But I dont hold out much hope anyway, Moyes is hardly inspiring either, even the cringeworthy, desperate goal celebrations look like wide eyed tramp thats found some beer

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Mata due a performance tonight. With Persie out he should have more of a free rein behind Rooney.

Problem is even if United win City still only need to win their remaining matches, even if we win all our games

But I dont hold out much hope anyway, Moyes is hardly inspiring either, even the cringeworthy, desperate goal celebrations look like wide eyed tramp thats found some beer

Agent Mata has already completed 1 half of his job against Arsenal. Now to do get it fully done against City. :ph34r:

Well, here's to hoping Utd's players show some backbone and pride tonight and stick it to City. They have actually looked better without Van Persie for a lot of this season (with Rooney as the main striker) so I don't think that will be too big of a problem. City are still missing Aguero, aren't they?

Think United will come into this one on a high and thinking "we can win this!" but will get destroyed. Hope I'm wrong.

I can just see Silva slicing through that defense like butter.

The thing is if Mourinho was in charge for this game, the chances of Mata starting would be about zero. He'd pack the midfield and look for pace on the wings (Welbeck and Valencia probably) to try and hit City on the break. He'd probably be inclined to stick Jones in midfield and maybe even Cleverley to really work their socks off.

But Moyes will probably play it open and get turned over by at least three goals.

The thing is if Mourinho was in charge for this game, the chances of Mata starting would be about zero. He'd pack the midfield and look for pace on the wings (Welbeck and Valencia probably) to try and hit City on the break. He'd probably be inclined to stick Jones in midfield and maybe even Cleverley to really work their socks off.

But Moyes will probably play it open and get turned over by at least three goals.

Jones in midfield is a non-option though with Vidic being suspended