The English Football Thread

Steve

Anyone else think Everton actually deserve CL football based on their performance this season? They have been good in almost every game they played bar 1-2 games. Playing amazing dominating exciting football that imo only bettered by Arsenal themselves, Madrid, Bayern and Dortmund this season. Martinez look a classy manager as well, you have to wonder how good would Liverpool be now with him in charge as imo he is superior to Rodger.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Thank God for Everton and Doelu-blah blah.

We are right back in the race, people. But it's anybody's title. I can't see any front runners.

i think it will be between us, arsenal, lpool and city. united and tottenham i can't see having a chance, everton will crack eventually.

Anyone else think Everton actually deserve CL football based on their performance this season? They have been good in almost every game they played bar 1-2 games. Playing amazing dominating exciting football that imo only bettered by Arsenal themselves, Madrid, Bayern and Dortmund this season. Martinez look a classy manager as well, you have to wonder how good would Liverpool be now with him in charge as imo he is superior to Rodger.

I am fine with them taking Manu's CL spot. I think it's between them Liverpool and spurs to fight for the 4th spot.

I am fine with them taking Manu's CL spot. I think it's between them Liverpool and spurs to fight for the 4th spot.

Agreed, City and us are definitely in top 3 no matter what imo. Arsenal will probably be too unless they go on a giant collapse like they always do. Liverpool probably will edge it, Spurs will be right up there till the end. Everton are dark horses.

Another thing with Everton is that they got no pressure to finish 4th unlike Pool and Spurs, Suarez will leave and Spurs must finish in top 4 after what they have spent.

Martinez is a quality manager. Funny that Rodgers took Martinez's Swansea and it seems since Martinez the Swansea team makes every manager look good. Martinez was good, Rodgers was good, Laudrup is currently good. Great philosophy Martinez instills and I love how he isn't afraid to go for the victory against big teams.

Next season though they might look a bit different. Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barry are all on loan and I think they will be hardpressed to replace all 3 (though I can see Barry staying). Would be great for them to make top 4. Imagine how depressed Liverpool fans would be in the Toffees made top4!

Liverpool are second and thats a bigger surprise than Arsenal being top.Although to be fair,Liverpool really don't regard themselves as title contenders as their main priority is a top 4 finish.

So after a bizarre weekend of the premier league,we are now 3rd with 5 points behind Arsenal(1st) and 4 points ahead of Newcastle(7th).While reigning champions are 13 points behind Arsenal.

LOL you just gotta love this league!

Liverpool are second and thats a bigger surprise than Arsenal being top.Although to be fair,Liverpool really don't regard themselves as title contenders as their main priority is a top 4 finish.

So after a bizarre weekend of the premier league,we are now 3rd with 5 points behind Arsenal(1st) and 4 points ahead of Newcastle(7th).While reigning champions are 13 points behind Arsenal.

LOL you just gotta love this league!

for me Liverpool isn't really that much of a surprise anymore. In the latter half of last season they were starting to play well anyway, just their early season form costs them eventually. The only good thing is their crappy transfer policy of Rodger wanting to buy players he had worked with before or are cheap. If they have got the likes of Delafeu instead of Moses now they would be top of the table no doubt.