The English Football Thread

Steve

That time was a while ago. We need a captain at the head of our ship and we've just got Cap'n Crunch.

Yep it was, but that time has passed, and now there is a huge threat of getting knocked out of the top 4. Which just can't happen. Especially when the 2 we are against are our biggest rivals. Rafa needs to sort his shit out, realise we need to play our best team in the hardest matches. Bring our captain back who knows what this means and will lead the team.

IF HE BENCHES JT FOR NO REASON, I AM GONNA HUNT THAT CUNT DOWN!

• Replies 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

So Spurs take 3rd with 11 games left in the season.

Spurs have their game changer in Gareth Bale...United have RvP...City have Toure..

Chelsea don't have a game changer.

We have Mata and Hazard.

What Spurs have is a solid foundation in midfield who put Bale in a position to win the game. We have Lampard, Mikel and Ramires.

People saying we should take the Europa League seriously really need to have a word with themselves if they think Champions League qualification is important.

Personally, I think we can benefit from missing out on the Champions League - it might force us to cut some of the dead wood in the squad and in the stands.

So Spurs take 3rd with 11 games left in the season.

Spurs have their game changer in Gareth Bale...United have RvP...City have Toure..

Chelsea don't have a game changer.

That's harsh.. we've got Mata who has bailed us out so many times. But he can only do so much, he is a human. We've been playing so many games (most in Europe if i remember correctly) that it's no wonder that players are tired. This one goes down to the board, they knew what we were facing this season but decided to shut their eyes

We have Mata and Hazard.

What Spurs have is a solid foundation in midfield who put Bale in a position to win the game. We have Lampard, Mikel and Ramires.

People saying we should take the Europa League seriously really need to have a word with themselves if they think Champions League qualification is important.

Personally, I think we can benefit from missing out on the Champions League - it might force us to cut some of the dead wood in the squad and in the stands.

:banghead: :lol2:

We have game changers, and arguably the best AM in the league. But we are not a 1 man team. Our best player is (mata obv) is an amazing creator, he has been great for us this season, and Bale is starting to do that now.

What we lack majorly is stabilty in midfield and a secure platform. We also lack leadership (PLAY JT!!!!). And we have a manager who the players are clearly not that inspired to play for. We have some players who will give it all, yet others who seem to appear not to give a shit. Tottenham are firing at the right time for them, and we are not. Luckily for us arsenal are having similar troubles to us, but the gap is 2 points. So one swing of a boot can change the outlook extremely quickly.

It just makes my laugh how we sack RDM, for a short run of bad form, who had done so much and was loved by the fans for this bellend, who has had an even worse run of results, and is hated by everything and done fuck all for us...

HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Next 2 league games for:

Chelsea

vs West Brom(H)

vs Fulham(A) - (depends if we get past Boro in the FA Cup)

Tottenham

vs Arsenal(H)

vs Liverpool(A)

Arsenal

vs Tottenham(A)

vs Everton(H) - (depends if Everton get past Oldham in the FA Cup though)

Wonder what are the odds of us picking up 6 points from those 2 games or even 4 given that we look to have the easier games than the other 2.

Next 2 league games for:

Chelsea

vs West Brom(H)

vs Fulham(A) - (depends if we get past Boro in the FA Cup)

Tottenham

vs Arsenal(H)

vs Liverpool(A)

Arsenal

vs Tottenham(A)

vs Everton(H) - (depends if Everton get past Oldham in the FA Cup though)

Wonder what are the odds of us picking up 6 points from those 2 games or even 4 given that we look to have the easier games than the other 2.

If we put a weakened team out in the Europa League then we have a chance.

But some people still think a fucking coefficient is worth risking our league position for. :banghead:

Anyone who still thinks the Europa League is of any importance is saying that Champions League qualification is not important.

The worst thing is that I exactly know how all the Spurs supporter feel now. We were with the back against the wall every so often but managed to turn games around. It only seems ages ago.

Well deserved Spurs and Bale who are definitly two different entities.

I just have to pull my emotions out of Chelsea for a while. It is a ridicolous task and probably won´t work but everytime I think about the Chels it makes me so fucking angry. To think that they axed RDM for this plonker when being 4 points behind...to think what stupid transfer buisness we do apart from the brilliant buys. To think that we let two CMs go and replace them with actually no one. To think, to think, to think....

Hopefully we scrap a top 4 finish and boot out Rafa and Torres. I would pay for the cab, the flights to fucking Madrid...

At least next weekend at least one of them will drop points.

IF (its a big IF) we can beat West brom, then the table will look like this:

Ars tot draw

Che 52

Tot 52

Ars 48

Ars win

Che 52

Tot 51

Ars 50

Tot win

Tot 54

Che 52

Ars 47

So for me the draw is preferable as it gets us back in the lead and gives us a more than 1 game gap. Tot Winning is ok as well as it means arsenal are 5 points behind us. But arsenal winning results in a situation where everything is too close for comfort...

HOWEVER, the main thing this shows us, is that whatever happens, go get us 3 points please...

As others have said, the game after that is extremely tough for them 2 as well and you would expect at least one of them to drop points, but if we don't win our matches it won't matter.

We have game changers, and arguably the best AM in the league. But we are not a 1 man team. Our best player is (mata obv) is an amazing creator, he has been great for us this season, and Bale is starting to do that now.

What we lack majorly is stabilty in midfield and a secure platform. We also lack leadership (PLAY JT!!!!). And we have a manager who the players are clearly not that inspired to play for. We have some players who will give it all, yet others who seem to appear not to give a shit. Tottenham are firing at the right time for them, and we are not. Luckily for us arsenal are having similar troubles to us, but the gap is 2 points. So one swing of a boot can change the outlook extremely quickly.

Look at tottenham today, when they were loosing, there was a lot of movement all over the pitch especially runs made off the ball (not just standing like trees like our players) and desire from the players to score. We had it earlier this season under RDM, when mazacar were vulnerable but we created chances at will. But we've become so stiff under benitez its sickening. Even westham have more movement than us when attacking. :banghead:

That time was a while ago. We need a captain at the head of our ship and we've just got Cap'n Crunch.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm fine with you deriding the fuckwit that is currently managing our club, but please leave one of the most sublime cereals to every grace the face of the earth out of it. Cap'n Crunch is delicious, Rafa is not. This is a fact.