The English Football Thread

Steve

I'm a Chelsea fan and I want a Man City win today. In fact if it comes down to the two Manchester clubs, I absolutely want City to win it. I hate United with a passion. I've hated them since that cunt Ellery gave them that second penalty when contact first occurred outside the area.

If United win, Ferguson retires and Mancini gets sacked in all likelihood. That throws two more hats into the ring for the available managers. If City win, I don't see either of those happening.

So tell me now that I'm not a Chelsea fan. :wank2:

100% this.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I couldn't care less about mancini's record, i care about one thing and that is CFC if it means mourinho comes back here as opposed to going there than that is great for us. Our image, brand etc, isn't going to be tarnished by man city winning the title again, anymore so than it would from united winning it.. Someone has to win the league... You could say that manu winning will be damaging to roman's reign as well.

^ No, because City & Chelsea are two clubs with rich owners, City winning it 'back to back' sends out the wrong messages about transformed clubs who splashed the cash and will tarnish what Mourinho achieved here (which was special). equaling UTD's trophy haul is unattainable, thus the 'damage has already been done' line.

I'm a Chelsea fan and I want a Man City win today. In fact if it comes down to the two Manchester clubs, I absolutely want City to win it. I hate United with a passion. I've hated them since that cunt Ellery gave them that second penalty when contact first occurred outside the area.

If United win, Ferguson retires and Mancini gets sacked in all likelihood. That throws two more hats into the ring for the available managers. If City win, I don't see either of those happening.

So tell me now that I'm not a Chelsea fan. :wank2:

actually TERM isnt a Chelsea fan ...he is just a Jose fan boy ...oh and Manure and Fergie of course

^ No, because City & Chelsea are two clubs with rich owners, City winning it 'back to back' sends out the wrong messages about transformed clubs who splashed the cash and will tarnish what Mourinho achieved here (which was special). equaling UTD's trophy haul is unattainable, thus the 'damage has already been done' line.

I'm going to have to agree..I see City as a bigger threat with the resources they have. If they keep building on their current success they can outgrow us as a club in the long run.

^ No, because City & Chelsea are two clubs with rich owners, City winning it 'back to back' sends out the wrong messages about transformed clubs splashing the cash and will tarnish what Mourinho achieved here. equaling UTD's trophy haul is unattainable, thus the 'damage has already been done' line.

Oh come on mate, your only argument here is that it sends out wrong messages and tarnishes what we have achieved...

In who's eyes... not in mine. Everything we have won has been in our own right, and we have achieved as a team. It won't be tarnished by one team winning the league who are following a similar model to us. Also if man u win, and man city lose the league, mourinho or pep then decide to go there, then that could be more damaging as we are stuck with rafa and all of a sudden are up against the special one. In the present the best case scenario for cfc is to get a quality manager in and get back to challenging for the title, the odds of thar goes down with man u winning the league.

Have city won the champions league. Do they have close to the trophy count we have got in the last 10 years etc... No, but i can see them winning a lot more if mourinho comes in there for a few years.

I care about legacy, I care about what history will think about those rich/transformed clubs in comparison to each other.

If Mancini equals Mourinho's special reign, it will lose all value, the sheikhs want Roman's legacy in the shadows

You're absolutely fucking ridiculous. We were a Champions League side pushing for the title before Roman even came here. City, as much as I like their fans, weren't.

It doesn't tarnish anything. What City losing does is damage some of our prospects going forward when it comes to going for managers.

:wank2: :wank2:

You are not a Chelsea fan if you want Man-City to win today..

They want our 3 league wins under Roman swept under the carpet of english football, Mourinho's back to back titles will lose all value. United adding another trophy for the pile means nothing, the damage has already been done in regards to their impact.

And last season some of them were against us winning the CL thinking that they would win it before us....can u imagine after all the hard work and suffering we went through they take it before us? i would have committed a crime God forbid.

Assuming we have no chance of taking the title this season I'm with you in the sense that United would just add another trophy to the pile.

They want our 3 league wins under Roman swept under the carpet of english football, Mourinho's back to back titles will lose all value. United adding another trophy for the pile means nothing, the damage has already been done in regards to their impact.

While i understand where your coming from it could be looked at another way. United win the league (with the CL possibly added with it) Fergie could retire on a high, Mancini sacked, where will Jose and Pep go? If City win it Mancini stays, Fergie will stay until he has knocked them off their perch, meaning both will be available.

Draw > City win > Utd win.

The season is nowhere close to being over yet, so City winning doesn't mean they will win the title. If Man utd win the gap between us and them will only get bigger and bigger and i hate that. We might not have the squad to challenge for the title, but we also have to stay as close to them as possible.

While i understand where your coming from it could be looked at another way. United win the league (with the CL possibly added with it) Fergie could retire on a high, Mancini sacked, where will Jose and Pep go? If City win it Mancini stays, Fergie will stay until he has knocked them off their perch, meaning both will be available.

Pep & Jose' will be around for a long time, we can't keep hoping Mancini wins the title every season (in the process demolishing our legacy) just so he remains at the helm. Which would take the gloss off our own achievements (as a billionaire club) either way. United's trophy pile is so high, another title for them is like a season that never happened/impact wise.

Which would take the gloss of our own achievements (as a billionaire club) either way.

We aren't a 'billionaire club' - we're Chelsea Football Club.

The type of fan who thinks City winning the title diminishes our achievement is the type of fan whose opinion doesn't mean shit to PROPER CHELSEA SUPPORTERS.

Pep & Jose' will be around for a long time, we can't keep hoping Mancini wins the title every season (in the process demolishing our legacy) just so he remains at the helm. Which would take the gloss of our own achievements (as a billionaire club) either way. United's trophy pile is so high, another title for them is like a season that never happened/impact wise.

What i mean is Pep and Jose next summer will be available for us, where as if we had to battle City and United then getting them will be a lot harder.

But as far as the title goes i think your safe, i can't see City winning it this season, United just seem to have this determination and hunger to get it back, the amount of points they have recovered from losing position's proof of that.

We aren't a 'billionaire club' - we're Chelsea Football Club.

The type of fan who thinks City winning the title diminishes our achievement is the type of fan whose opinion doesn't mean shit to PROPER CHELSEA SUPPORTERS.

I'm partially speaking 'universally' (from a history/legacy view point), our position in football history in a few decades time for example.

I'm partially speaking 'universally' (from a history/legacy view point), our position in football history in a few decades time for example.

We're in the middle of a building phase. What we're lacking is a manager to lead us and we need the other teams to be out of the running for the best possible chance to get our main target.

How any Chelsea fan could want United to win more than City beggars belief.

We're in the middle of a building phase. What we're lacking is a manager to lead us and we need the other teams to be out of the running for the best possible chance to get our main target.

How any Chelsea fan could want United to win more than City beggars belief.

For the logical & comprehensive reasons I've stated over and over and over again. Every post I've mentioned those reasons, are you suffering from a concussion?

The way you've worded/structured that last line beggars belief. :rolleyes:

but a manc win will keep mancini in the job. they are direct contenders for pep/jose. plus, if manure win league this season, fergie may retire and that's another vacancy created for pep/jose. manc win will benefit us as well. not like we have a shot at the title anyway but good to keep hope and hunt down the two if possible. easy games coming up. ofcourse the ideal scenario would be for manc to win this and manu to win the title and miss out on CL, so that SAF stays

They will both have 36 points, 7 ahead of us. A draw will make us 8 points behind Manure and it lower our titles hopes (I know it is one point, but last EPL was decided by GD).

Also the fact Mancini can lose his job is quite important for us. Pep/Jose can end up in Manchester and we can be left with no proper manager to make our transition.

By the way, I hate Manure more than anything!