• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

How depressing is that...

One Chelsea player, ugh.. even City have two.

Again what players would you take as a first team player?

England are on the decline, there's no World Class players there. None. We have to focus on quality not nationality.

Again what players would you take as a first team player?

England are on the decline, there's no World Class players there. None. We have to focus on quality not nationality.

It doesn't matter how many times people bring up the quality factor, we're an English club and should be going the extra mile to accommodate them. If I knew Ivanovic had naked pics of Jose I would have been even more adamant about signing Shaw, Luis is too old for the bench.

It doesn't matter how many times people bring up the quality factor, we're an English club and should be going the extra mile to accommodate them. If I knew Ivanovic had naked pics of Jose I would have been even more adamant about signing Shaw, Luis is too old for the bench.

So pay exorbitant amount of money on a player to sit on the bench just cause he's English? A la Real Madrid w/Spanish players? Doesn't seem smart to me.

Ridiculous idea, just get players because they are English despite being shit.

We might as well get Heskey in our team if that's the case and not win anything for the next decade just because we "accommodated" shit English players.. :rolleyes:

So pay exorbitant amount of money on a player to sit on the bench just cause he's English? A la Real Madrid w/Spanish players? Doesn't seem smart to me.

He's 19 years old, the fee is fair based on his potential, it's worth the premium for English, this is Chelsea football club of England.

When you sign a 29 year old for £15m.. he HAS to play, youngsters can bide their time on the bench and wait for a chance.

He's 19 years old, the fee is fair based on his potential, it's worth the premium for English, this is Chelsea football club of England.

When you sign a 29 year old for £15m.. he HAS to play, youngsters can bide their time on the bench and wait for a chance.

First, if he's guaranteed to be reliable player for a long time then you can possibly justify the fee. But how are you going to justify giving an 18 year old more wages than Cahill, Azpi, Ramires, etc?

First, if he's guaranteed to be reliable player for a long time then you can possibly justify the fee. But how are you going to justify giving an 18 year old more wages than Cahill, Azpi, Ramires, etc?

Uhm, what? Luke Shaw is on 50k per week, rising based on performance and appearances.. he's not on higher wages than Ramires, Cahill or Azpilicueta.